Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is this legit?: "Shop and Earn with Hilton Honors(R) and American Express"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 1:47 pm
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

Edited to add:

This is now known to be a real and legit point earning opportunity from Hilton.

Mods can you please delete the "Is this legit" from the title?

Yesterday I received an email that I hope is for real, but want to make sure it's not an elaborate phish. Did anyone else get it?

Here's a cut and paste of the email:

"As a very special member of Hilton HHonors, you've been granted access to shop and earn at the new Hilton HHonors Earnings Mall. Inside the Hilton HHonors Earnings Mall, you'll find special offers for HHonors members on the products you want and need such as apparel, electronics, entertainment, home & garden and more. The more you shop, the more you earn:

Every purchase earns Hilton HHonors bonus points you can redeem for free hotel stays and unique rewards.

And remember, if you use your Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card, you'll earn three additional HHonors bonus points for every dollar spent.

Simply register your Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card from American Express, and start shopping and earning HHonors points with every purchase. There are no coupons or codes of any kind, and your Hilton HHonors Earning Mall points will automatically transfer to your HHonors account for tracking and redemptions.

Please check the Hilton HHonors Earnings Mall often because offers change continuously, giving you the best breadth and variety of deals and merchandise from retailers like Bloomingdales, FTD, Target, Gap and Staples."

And here's a link to the mall:

https://www.hiltonhhonorsearningsmal...61c777673445c5

Last edited by sk3; Jul 24, 2008 at 1:38 pm
Old May 6, 2008, 1:54 pm

I received it also. Seemed real to me
Old May 6, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sk3
Yesterday I received an email that I hope is for real, but want to make sure it's not an elaborate phish. Did anyone else get it?

Here's a cut and paste of the email:

"As a very special member of Hilton HHonors, you've been granted access to shop and earn at the new Hilton HHonors Earnings Mall. Inside the Hilton HHonors Earnings Mall, you'll find special offers for HHonors members on the products you want and need such as apparel, electronics, entertainment, home & garden and more. The more you shop, the more you earn:

Every purchase earns Hilton HHonors bonus points you can redeem for free hotel stays and unique rewards.

And remember, if you use your Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card, you'll earn three additional HHonors bonus points for every dollar spent.

Simply register your Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card from American Express, and start shopping and earning HHonors points with every purchase. There are no coupons or codes of any kind, and your Hilton HHonors Earning Mall points will automatically transfer to your HHonors account for tracking and redemptions.

Please check the Hilton HHonors Earnings Mall often because offers change continuously, giving you the best breadth and variety of deals and merchandise from retailers like Bloomingdales, FTD, Target, Gap and Staples."

And here's a link to the mall:

https://www.hiltonhhonorsearningsmal...61c777673445c5
Good Question, I searched all through the Hilton Site and could not find the hilton hhonors earnings mall. I have used the one for priority club so know the idea is legit. personally I would hesitate untill I could access from the www.hilton.com website.

sdcarver
Old May 6, 2008, 5:10 pm
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by sdcarver
Good Question, I searched all through the Hilton Site and could not find the hilton hhonors earnings mall. I have used the one for priority club so know the idea is legit. personally I would hesitate untill I could access from the www.hilton.com website.

sdcarver
i'm thinking the same thing. the email looked totally real, but until i see this marketed on Hilton.com, or until i read posts here of FTers getting scads of miles from this i'll hold off - i'll just keep using AA's eshopping mall for the time being.

but this is a great new way to beef up my HH account so i am looking forward to utilizing it eventually...

thanks sdcarver and JohnDunn for your posts
Old May 6, 2008, 5:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I recv'd it today. If one wanted they could do a DNS lookup to confirm who owns it. That may help to confirm a bit.

Personally I thought the website to be a bit cumbersome but that is the norm for HH, unfortunately.

Also seems to be the norm for HH when launching most new services that there is "uneven" marketing to promote it. Eg, email to customer but nothing on main site. Or a obscure URL is found but no email to customers.
Old May 6, 2008, 8:19 pm

from whois.com

Registrant:
Domain Administrator
Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC
755 Crossover Lane
Memphis TN 38117
US
[email protected] +1.9013745000 Fax: +1.9013745050

Domain Name: hiltonhhonorsearningsmall.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact:
Domain Administrator
Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC
755 Crossover Lane
Memphis TN 38117
US
[email protected] +1.9013745000 Fax: +1.9013745050
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Team DNS
NextJump Inc
261 5th Ave. 8th Floor
New York NY 10016
US
[email protected] +1.2126857101 Fax: +1.2125321277

Created on..............: 2008-01-23.
Expires on..............: 2010-01-23.
Record last updated on..: 2008-04-30.

Domain servers in listed order:

udns1.ultradns.net
udns2.ultradns.net
Old May 6, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
755 Crossover Lane in Memphis is the correct address for the old "Promus Corporation," which is the original parent company of the HI, ES, and HS brands.
Old May 6, 2008, 9:45 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Thank You Schutzee and Loomis for the research.

sdcarver
Old May 7, 2008, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
IMHO there is nothing new about this. Pretty much every airline and hotel chain already has one. Most of the time you are better off just going through an affiliate site that offers cash rebate instead.

The only weird thing about this Hilton Mall is that supposedly they track your purchases based on what CC you use and not by the cookie.
Old May 7, 2008, 5:19 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I got the email also, and after checking WHOIS, tried to click-through on the link they provided - it didn't work. Hopefully they have it fixed today.
Old May 7, 2008, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My PC-Cillian flagged the site certificate so it can wait. The stuff sold by hotel, airline etc malls etc has never appeared to be a bargain........ever. Ditto with booking hotels and cars linked to airline sites.

MisterNice
Old May 7, 2008, 9:25 am

It's easy to tell that this is legit. Simply type in an incorrect honors#/PIN and it'll throw an error. Use the right #, and you'll get in. Only the real HiltonHonors will be able to validate that.
Old May 7, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: HiltonHHonors Silver; SPG Gold; Midwest Airlines
i am exicited about this. I used to shop through mypoints.com and then transferred those to HH points. Now that Hilton is no longer a part of mypoints (perhaps this is why) I can just skip the middle man.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Originally Posted by OmniMan
It's easy to tell that this is legit. Simply type in an incorrect honors#/PIN and it'll throw an error. Use the right #, and you'll get in. Only the real HiltonHonors will be able to validate that.
Good idea, being that they ask for that, instead of asking to register your cc first or something.

I tried my HH number and the wrong pin - was refused. Tried the right pin, and got in - it also told me my name, status and zip code, so I'm voting on the legit side, although the relative value of the benefits are in question.
Old May 31, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: BA, United, Alaska, AA
Originally Posted by johnndor
Good idea, being that they ask for that, instead of asking to register your cc first or something.

I tried my HH number and the wrong pin - was refused. Tried the right pin, and got in - it also told me my name, status and zip code, so I'm voting on the legit side, although the relative value of the benefits are in question.
I've tried logging in, and I get error: page temp unavailable. Anyone else getting this error?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.