Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem {ISR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:24 am

One more update: I booked two rooms at the Waldorf using points - the lowest category room (King Superior, Twin Superior), 95k/night plus 5th night free (which was incredibly difficult to secure but my persistence paid off) - and as a Diamond the hotel upgraded us to a King Grand Deluxe w/Balcony and a Twin Deluxe, both of which are beautiful, spacious rooms. It may have helped that I emailed the hotel beforehand, pointed out that we'd be celebrating my wife's birthday at their property (true) and nicely asked for consideration of an upgrade; they responded that, while they couldn't guarantee anything, they would put in a "strong request" with the front desk. Don't know if that helped, but I am very appreciative of the upgrade. I always proactively email Hilton properties prior to vacation stays, reminding them of my Diamond status and nicely asking for upgrade consideration (I get a lot of mileage out of my wife's birthday being Dec 29, a convenient time for family travel), and I haven't been let down yet.

Also, I can now confirm from first hand experience that Diamonds get free Israeli breakfast at this property when booking with points - both my rooms were comped, four people in total.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
i booked a 5 night award stay arriving on Sunday, May 6. our flight arrives in TLV at 3:30 am. Im guesstimating by the time we clear arrival formalities and the transfer to Jerusalem, it will be around 6:30 am. I have Diamond status with hilton, does this property grant early check in or will let us have the free breakfast upon arrival just so we can hang around and rest until our room is ready? any suggestions if we end up having 8 hours to kill upon arrival if WA will not let us check in before 3 pm? thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Originally Posted by levman

A front desk agent at the Jerusalem Waldorf confirmed that the property will remain a Waldorf.

Here's a laundry tip for the property: there is a laundry/dry cleaners just across the hotel entrance - a 30 second walk, if that - that will do your laundry and deliver it to the hotel. Minimum 5 kilos, and the cost for 5 kilos is 125 NIS, about $36 USD. Very convenient.

Also, in Tel Aviv I found a service called Look Clean that will pick up and drop off from any hotel. Cost is 15 shekels per kilo, which is about six shekels more than a local laundry about 3/4 mile away, which in my mind is a reasonable increase for the convenience. Best way to communicate with them is via Whatsapp and they were very responsive. Look Clean
Thank you so much this is close to the Tel Aviv Hilton. We will use them.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:35 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Thank you for all the info, and the laundry tips. We check in April 20th, for 10 nights on points. I have got my fingers crossed that as a Diamond member breakfast is still complimentary. If not, I will just be happy just to be staying there. We don't normally stay at the Waldorf Astoria except on points, so complimentary breakfast on top of that will be icing. I am sure I will still very much just the cake. if it's not

Last edited by mav; Apr 22, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Stayed on points for a few days dying holiday. As Diamond was given multiple drink coupons for bar, breakfast and upgrade to great room on top floor (9th) with massive balcony — a definite upgrade. Nice hotel — too bad outdoor gardens seem unfinished along with pool to be in line with other hotels in J’lem.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:56 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
At the Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem now and in heaven!

I am at the Waldorf Astoria now, on points for 10 nights and it's sheer heaven! I have been upgraded to a King Grand Deluxe room with a lovely view on a high floor and breakfast is included in the stay . Needless to say I am one happy person, or should I say 2, my husband is here also. The room is lovely and the staff incredible! And the breakfast buffet is amazing! I way overate this morning and tomorrow I am going to try to control myself, or then again, maybe not...
Almost forgot, I also used the lowest point amount 95,000 points per night 5th night free

Last edited by mav; Apr 22, 2018 at 12:24 pm
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:44 am

Does anyone have any updated information about the pool, a real gym, spa etc? We're looking at a booking for June 2019 and hoping those facilities might be (finally) ready by then. Thanks!
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ignutzz
Does anyone have any updated information about the pool, a real gym, spa etc? We're looking at a booking for June 2019 and hoping those facilities might be (finally) ready by then. Thanks!
I'll be there May 17, so I can provide updates.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:30 pm

Thanks! I'll look forward to them (though I'm not hopeful that the facilities have changed).
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:19 pm

I stayed there a week or so ago. The pool is still not open. Not sure about the gym or spa. The 4th floor terrace restaurant was also not open, but not sure if that was just because it was Shabbat.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Has anyone stayed at the Waldorf and paid to use spa/pool at David Citadel? Should not be a problem, I guess (seems right across the street)?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Have anyone with Hilton Gold Status stayed here recently on an award stay? Was wondering what is offered for breakfast as website states breakfast is not included on award stays.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
We will be staying there next month. Any info on what the Saturday (Shabbot) breakfast is like.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by holocker
Have anyone with Hilton Gold Status stayed here recently on an award stay? Was wondering what is offered for breakfast as website states breakfast is not included on award stays.
Breakfast was included on my Diamond free weekend night stays. Where does it say not included for Gold?

Diamond also gets $25 food credit, but they refused to give mine because late checkout wasn't available and so when I used it I had already left the room and for some reason they said that makes it impossible to take $25 off the bill
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Just returned from a stay on points. Upgraded to a David room with private patio. Stay couldn't have been nicer. As others have stated, breakfast was included as a DM on points. We have stayed at many Jerusalem hotels, but have found none nicer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.