Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Taiwan {TWN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Taiwan {TWN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tropikey
Before they start to accept bookings, I'd like to ask, if you know anything about executive lounge in this hotel?
It isn't open yet, so if it isn't on the website we'll have to wait until it opens.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:14 pm

Rooms in DT Taipei are available now for booking...
I'm looking at dates in September and rates start from TWD 5694/43000 points.
Unfortunately, I still can't find any information about Executive Lounge there. If there's no such lounge, Hilton is better from my perspective, even if its location is worse.

EDIT: I've asked directly at HH customer support and they confirm that there's no EL in DT

Last edited by tropikey; Dec 21, 2018 at 1:29 pm
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by tropikey
Rooms in DT Taipei are available now for booking...
I'm looking at dates in September and rates start from TWD 5694/43000 points.
Good luck to them then with these prices. I'll stay at my normal hotel in Ximen for less than half the cost.

I'm not sure they've done the right market research on Taipei in setting the prices on the Hilton properties in this city - they are over priced.
SK AAR likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by rjp123
Good luck to them then with these prices. I'll stay at my normal hotel in Ximen for less than half the cost. I'm not sure they've done the right market research on Taipei in setting the prices on the Hilton properties in this city - they are over priced.
The Hilton Taipei Sinban is doing very well. The hotel is packed with Staycationers on the weekend. Just about every guest that I've overheard in the Exec Lounge claims to be a Diamond member. Maybe they are all checking out this place like I am.

Service is top-notch. Location is quite good - close to Banqiao Station and even shops/malls/etc. nearby to keep lazy people like me occupied.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:55 am

thinking about booking the doubletree or the hilton, staying for 2 nights with wife and kids.
I have never been to taipei, is the location of the hilton a concern at all?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by leishi85
I have never been to taipei, is the location of the hilton a concern at all?
The location is ok, however it is not central to most of the tourist attractions. DT is much better location for tourism.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: HHonors, USAirways
I have tried to book both Taipei hotels in April 2019 and they are showing sold out. Is that possible or is it that they are not booking yet?

I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt, can anyone compare to the Doubletree?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by stillplayswithbarbies
I have tried to book both Taipei hotels in April 2019 and they are showing sold out. Is that possible or is it that they are not booking yet?

Not sure about your dates but booked the Hilton Sinban yesterday for a January 18 stay.

Last edited by JONEZY00; Jan 3, 2019 at 9:36 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stillplayswithbarbies

No one knows how the DoubleTree will be. Area-wise, they are very different. The DoubleTree is in the older Zhong Shan North Road area and Hyatt is in the much newer Xin-Yi District. It all depends on where you go while you are in Taipei.

I would expect that luxury wise, the DoubleTree to be somewhat below the Hyatt. However, it will be brand new so that has its advantages.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
I’m at the Hilton Sinban through the weekend if anyone has any questions. Will post a review when I get home
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: HHonors, USAirways
I'd be interested in your review.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:45 am

I'll also read your review with interest. I'm particularly interested in your opinion about executive lounge as well as about getting there from/to the airport or from/to the "old" Taipei (of course, if you are traveling in such directions).
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:58 am

DoubleTree Zhongshan and Hilton Sinban stay - same week

I am currently spending the majority of this week in Taipei on business trip and took the opportunity to do the Diamond challenge by staying on both properties.

Quick observation:
DoubleTree is at Zhongshan district, relatively close to Taipei Main Train Station. Public transit access is relatively easy, just 2-3 min walk to a Zhongshan subway station (Red line). The Red line itself goes to Taipei 101. If I recall, I think 8 stops to Taipei 101. The hotel is brand new, just opened on mid December. The check-in agent recognized my Diamond status. I was given 4 free drink coupons, can be used at the bar on the ground floor. Room was upgraded to Corner King with Balcony. Room is a bit on the smaller side though, my estimation is about 25-28 sq m, maybe. Room has wall of windows on 2 corners, large display screen. The toilet is the Japanese toilet (yay for warm bum!), on separate room. Bathroom has both tub and shower. Sink is located outside the bathroom. Restaurant for b'fast on the 2nd floor, but selection is small. I used to stay at the Grand Hyatt Taipei, and the Doubletree selection is maybe a tenth of what was available at the Grand Hyatt. Staff is all good though, no complaints about service.

Location is on a typical Taipei downtown neighborhood. Lots of restaurants nearby. Already covered access to subway. Cab is easy to find. It is a small hotel - no doubt. If one wants to be close to downtown Taipei, Doubletree is serviceable.

I moved to Hilton Sinban at New Taipei City, near Zhonghe district tonight. Got upgraded to huge Premium Suite - I mean huge, at least 50 sq meter. The living room in the suite is bigger than my upgraded Doubletree room. The bathroom is large, almost as large the one at the Grand Hyatt. The hotel is kitty corner from the Banqiao rail station (easy access to Taiwan bullet train), but it is in New Taipei City. There are multiple places to go to spend the time nearby though - Mega City mall, and its high floor high end restaurants, a mall with movie theater just across the street, Eslite book stores with its entourage of cafes and typical Taipei busy neighborhood. Hotel is about 6 months old - if even that. There is a lobby bar downstairs with a cafe/cake shop. Staff provided late check out (330pm).

No chance to try the restaurant or the lounge yet, just checked in today. Tomorrow will have better info. Decor is contemporary. Room also has huge screen (60" maybe), with Bose sound bar (hello music streaming!). Better hotel than Doubletree for sure - and it is cheaper on paid rate. Next business trip - will consider this over the Grand Hyatt.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:34 pm

More about Hilton Sinban and Doubletree Zhongshan

More updates:
The Hilton is definitely much nicer than the Doubletree. The rate - believe it or not - is actually cheaper too. The hotel has a rooftop pool, on the 31st floor I believe, that is shared with Caesars Park hotel next door. Both hotels are owned by the same company - so it makes sense that they shared the pool facility. The Hilton gym though is its own. The executive lounge on the 27th floor also has its own outdoor terrace, with nice view. I can see that when the weather is clear, it will be a nice place to hang out.

I ate breakfast at the restaurant only once, the other 2 times, I ate at the lounge. The restaurant definitely has more selection, but the lounge is not bad. Probably at least 10 different hot options, plus the egg station and good selection on the pastry shelf. The hotel also has a lobby bar with live music on weekend evenings, and a cake shop with really good selection. The location - as I mentioned - is almost across the Banqiao train station, and a couple blocks away from the Mega City Mall.

The Banqiao area itself is in New Taipei City though - not downtown Taipei proper - so for some, that may be a turn off. I visited a friend who was staying at the Sheraton, and if I took the subway, it would have taken me 30 minutes. So if your business is in Taipei city, the Hilton Sinban may not be for you. The Doubletree at Zhongshan is way more central. Or if you are expecting it to be like the Grand Hyatt at Xinyi district - the Hilton may be a bit too out of the way. For me though - I'd stay here again. First of all, the Diamond treatment is super, the pool is very nice, executive lounge with outdoor terrace is hard to beat and yes - it is far from Taipei City, but 30 min subway ride is not bad, and taxi is fairly cheap, if subway does not cut it. This one I think - is a keeper.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I’m hoping to visit Taipei after leaving Shanghai Thursday and check out the Hilton. Looks like
they treat diamonds pretty well from the reviews I’ve read. I’ll report back if I make it over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.