Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Miami Downtown {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Hi Icohen999 - time to jump ship pronto and go down the street to the Conrad in the Brickell area of downtown. Excellent access to the people mover (overhead train). Diamond gets full breakfast buffet and custom omelette station in the morning. Complimentary Wine and beer and so many hot and cold items in the evening reception that one can forgo dining out if desired. I just finished our stay there two weeks ago. Upgrade request for my Blue travel companion was even honored. Very nice to Diamonds (I had booked a two-bedroom suite).

Originally Posted by lcohen999
I am in the middle of a two night stay here

In a renovated room, which is modern and what you would expect.

The video behind the checkin desk is a little much if you look at it for too long.

Here is the kicker though, with the lounge closed for renovations, Diamonds receive a continental breakfast in the restaurant. Usually that would mean all the cold items.

This time, a 'continental breakfast' at he Hilton Miami is a pre-plated plate of fruit and a croissant. You cannot touch the buffet at all.

It is quite, umm...something to say the list.

I did relay my disappointment to the manager and he did offer a full buffet as an apology.

That said, any Diamonds staying here as a hoiday who look for the included breakfast as part of the budget, be warned.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999
I am in the middle of a two night stay here

In a renovated room, which is modern and what you would expect.

The video behind the checkin desk is a little much if you look at it for too long.

Here is the kicker though, with the lounge closed for renovations, Diamonds receive a continental breakfast in the restaurant. Usually that would mean all the cold items.

This time, a 'continental breakfast' at he Hilton Miami is a pre-plated plate of fruit and a croissant. You cannot touch the buffet at all.

It is quite, umm...something to say the list.

I did relay my disappointment to the manager and he did offer a full buffet as an apology.

That said, any Diamonds staying here as a hoiday who look for the included breakfast as part of the budget, be warned.
Does anyone have pics of the renovated rooms and does anyone know how breakfast currently is for Diamonds as the lounge is still closed?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:06 am

Pictures of the renovated room

Pictures of the Executive Lounge (Breakfast)

Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The rooms look like a definite improvement over how they were a few years ago.
KENNECTED likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by sallyerd
Hi Icohen999 - time to jump ship pronto and go down the street to the Conrad in the Brickell area of downtown. Excellent access to the people mover (overhead train). Diamond gets full breakfast buffet and custom omelette station in the morning. Complimentary Wine and beer and so many hot and cold items in the evening reception that one can forgo dining out if desired. I just finished our stay there two weeks ago. Upgrade request for my Blue travel companion was even honored. Very nice to Diamonds (I had booked a two-bedroom suite).
I had a poor experience at the Conrad actually.

I won't go into detail as when I brought up my issues with management, they were very quick apologize, gave me no runarounds and I was happy with the end result.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Was looking to book a room for October and noticed that this hotel is closed until further notice due to IRMA. (also noticed hilton miami had the same message but not the embassy suites which just had the message about no fee cancellations)

"Due to Hurricane Irma, our hotel is Closed and not accepting reservations until further notice. Please check the Miami website for further information and updates. We will be monitoring the Hurricane closely and communicate regularly. The safety of our guests and staff members is our primary concern at this time. We encourage guests with existing reservations to contact 1-800-HILTONS."
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Seems to be open for business....
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thinking of a trip to Miami. I have HH gold but not plat. Is there a room type I can book at this property which would have executive club access? I didn’t see any Executive Level rooms designated on the Hilton app, does access come with say, a Jr Suite booking?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Just finished a stay here. I was booked into a JR Suite (interestingly rate was cheaper than a std room). Got an upgrade to a presidential suite after inquiring at check in. Room was excellent. However mid stay they lost hot water to half the building for about 20hours. I wanted to take a shower, so went down to the reception and was given access to another room to take a shower in. All in all the property handled the issue perfectly. As I was given access to a second room and was able to take a shower, did not ask for compensation but a colleague asked for a comped night and was given points, no questions asked.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:09 am

I just called this morning and the front desk stated that the executive lounge is currently closed. The restaurant is also closed but the bar is open for breakfast. Gold members were still able to get breakfast but not sure of how extensive it is. I also did not see any rooms available that were on Executive floor.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Any recent stays? Conrad the clear choice still?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Conrad the clear choice still?
Yes; "downtown" is still a dump and Brickell is still the place to be.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Any recent stays? Conrad the clear choice still?
Apparently, Conrad Miami is departing Hilton Worldwide shortly.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
Apparently, Conrad Miami is departing Hilton Worldwide shortly.
Yeah, that's my bad (see post above)...talk about a jinx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.