Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Enterprise {US-AL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Arrow Hampton Inn Enterprise {US-AL}

Stayed at the new Hampton Inn in Enterprise, Alabama, on September 4, 2007.

The hotel has been open about three months according to the manager on duty. It's on Boll Weevil Circle on the north side of town near the intersection with Highway 167 coming down from Troy.

though you can see it from the highway, the hotel was a little hard for me to find since there was no Hampton signage on the road. It's in a cluster of strip malls and next to a Holiday Inn Express; turn at the driveway with the sign for the Holiday Inn and you can weave your way back to the Hampton. I hope they put up a Hampton sign sometime soon as that would make it a lot easier to tell which driveway to use.

Since it's near a couple of shopping centers, there are a number of places to eat within walking distance, including a Subway, Mellow Mushroom pizza, and a place advertising "Fast German food." Alas, I didn't try the German place since I am a Mellow Mushroom junkie. Mmmm, calzones!

The hotel still looks and feels brand new. I was upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi; it's one of those that is out in the room. There is a separate standard bathtub in the bathroom. Standard cable in the room included 4 HBO channels. The wireless internet worked flawlessly. Breakfast was the normal Hampton fare with waffles and sausage that day. Everything was kept neat and well stocked.

Overall, this property definitely rates a Good on the old HI Good-Fair-Bad scale.

Southeast Alabama used to be devoid of HH properties after the demise of the old, crappy Hampton in Dothan a few years ago. However, in the last year a brand new Hampton has opened up in Dothan on US 231 north and now there is this one in Enterprise just 30 or so miles to the west. It's good to see HHonors back in this area.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We got a new HI in Oxford about 18 months ago. AL may not see a lot of new HH properties outside the Hampton brand, but little places like Dothan and Anniston are prime candidates for HI's and I'm glad to see it. BTW, the Oxford HI is also walking distance from Mellow Mushroom. A trend?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by BamaVol
We got a new HI in Oxford about 18 months ago. AL may not see a lot of new HH properties outside the Hampton brand, but little places like Dothan and Anniston are prime candidates for HI's and I'm glad to see it. BTW, the Oxford HI is also walking distance from Mellow Mushroom. A trend?

There is a decent HGI in Auburn. Very convenient for Auburn games, too bad we aren't winning.

I've stayed at the new Hampton in Enterprise. I concur, very nice. I did not have the luxury of experiencing the in-room jaccuzi though.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I agree the HIs in the small towns are what make hilton the better program. Marriott and SPG do not have anything in those small towns.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by troyintn
I agree the HIs in the small towns are what make hilton the better program. Marriott and SPG do not have anything in those small towns.
Well, actually a Courtyard is about to open in Oxford. But, generally speaking, you are correct. I find myself in a lot more Hampton Inns than anything else these days. Even where there's a HGI or ES, the Hampton is often quite a bit cheaper.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Greetings from the HI in Pell City.

There's also a Hampton Inn & Suites going up in Opelika at the Tiger Town Exit off I-81 (Exit 58). The signs say it's opening in 2008.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:44 am

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by Kubla
Greetings from the HI in Pell City.

There's also a Hampton Inn & Suites going up in Opelika at the Tiger Town Exit off I-81 (Exit 58). The signs say it's opening in 2008.

I saw that a few weeks ago. That area is growing fast. I would not be suprised if that isn't the only new hotel going in there.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Platinum
Good to see some fellow Alabamians on here, and more specifically, Auburn-ites! I am friends with some of the management and the HGI here in Auburn/Opelika (and actually used to work there a few years ago), and I must say, they run a pretty top-notch operation; I always put my folks up there when they come for a visit, and they are always treated well. That's interesting about the new Hampton; I haven't heard anything specific as to what hotel(s) was/were going to be out there...

And of course, yes, big bummer on the season, so far...hopefully things will turn around...

War Eagle!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

I stayed in this Hampton again a couple of weeks ago and it was another good stay. No jacuzzi this time, though

The only nit I have to pick is that there still isn't a sign out on Boll Weevil Circle. The hotel itself is easily visible from the road, especially at night with the red Hampton lettering, but I almost turned at the wrong driveway again.

Oh well, the football season didn't turn out so badly after all, did it?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I stayed in this Hampton again a couple of weeks ago and it was another good stay. No jacuzzi this time, though
I've stayed twice at the HI in Dothan, and it is pretty nice. First time I got a suite, the second time I did not (even though they were pretty empty.)

I'm coming to the conclusion if you want an upgrade at HI or HGI, you have to ask politely at check-in.....

David
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Platinum
Oh well, the football season didn't turn out so badly after all, did it?

Yeah, we really kind of pulled that one out at the end of the season...Here's looking forward to next year!

The new Hampton in Opelika (Tiger Town), just opened this past week. Haven't heard much about it though, except that it is 100% non-smoking, and they do offer a few suites with 'full' kitchens. I am considering going over there with a friend in management at the HGI to check out their 'competition' next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.