Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Scandics new programme ready, if someone is interested?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2007, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Scandics new programme ready, if someone is interested?

i guess the SCANDIC people rae working overtime to create a new SCANDIC loyalty program for when they rol off HHonors. what features wuld you like to see as part of such a program? i for one hope they bring back the f&b vouchers and the great ways to earn free nights. you?
Old Aug 31, 2007, 12:39 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by AJetSetter
i for one hope they bring back the f&b vouchers and the great ways to earn free nights. you?
bring back?
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Yes, before Scandic was purchased by Hilton Int'l they had their own loyalty program which the writer is referring to as "bring back"
Old Sep 1, 2007, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Yes, before Scandic was purchased by Hilton Int'l they had their own loyalty program which the writer is referring to as "bring back"
I know that because I was gold in that program for many years (Golds were awarded Diamond status when Scandic joined Hhonors). I was just surprised of what the OP meant with bringing back f&b vouchers, since they have been a benefit for Hhonors status members when staying at Scandic properties all along:

Benefits when staying at Scandic hotels
Gold VIP members will automatically receive the best available room (excluding suites), if available at check-in.
50 SEK Food & Beverage Voucher: You receive a restaurant voucher worth 50 SEK** for each night spent at Scandic hotels, although not in connection with a reward night. The voucher can be used for food and beverage (excluding tobacco, other kiosk items and administrative charges for room service) at the hotel.
Fruit & Mineral Water: Each night you will get fresh fruit and mineral water delivered to your room, free of charge.

**Or equivalent with other local currency.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 4:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,SPG Plat,Gold Points Plus Silver, Sixt Plat,
I stay a lot in scandics every year, when Hilton is out it will make it less atractive to stay at scandic, unless they improve a lot. now the only notable diff betwen blue and gold is the f&b vouchers (which i almost alays must ask for to get) upgrades almost impossible and so on. I would say they offer no extra service to loyal customers.( or maybe im just unlucky)

So upgrade for gold/dia or points as hilton do it, would be nice

And as expected when new owners, prices went up
Old Sep 3, 2007, 12:04 pm

What will happen with the points? Will you get to choose Hilton or Scandic? Will they be transfered to Scandic if you are based in Scandinavia? If thats the case, will Hilton match the points? What partners will Scandic have? Will you be able to redeem Scandic points outside of Scandinavia?
Old Sep 3, 2007, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by kempis
What will happen with the points? Will you get to choose Hilton or Scandic? Will they be transfered to Scandic if you are based in Scandinavia? If thats the case, will Hilton match the points? What partners will Scandic have? Will you be able to redeem Scandic points outside of Scandinavia?
Find out in the next episode of ... "Scandic leaves Hilton"!
Old Sep 3, 2007, 12:13 pm

They say that points you have at hilton can be transferred to the new program, and that they will match status you have.

I think they will provide more info in september, last mail said so
Old Sep 11, 2007, 3:52 pm

Check it out at:

http://www.scandic-hotels.com/guestp...icGuestProgram

Havent looked to much yet, but F&B Vouchers rised to 150NOK/SEK.

And fixed points on rooms, no earnings for the rest if I dint miss anything.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Gold Medallion
Thanks for the update, I'm glad we can book new reward stays up to Dec 31 and those certs will be valid for the one year period.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Huh? I thought Scandics were no longer associated with Hilton? Didn't they sell off the brand?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:44 pm

Click on blowfish' link. Looks like Scandic will convert your HH points which you can then use to stay with them.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Question Many Questions Remain Unanswered

Well, it might be nice if we knew the following:

1). What are the tier categories for SPECIFIC Scandic hotels under the new program?

2). What is the conversion value of HHonors points to Scandic points?

3). Must we convert all our HHonors points into Scandic points? -- I am loathe to choose the conversion scenario for just that unwelcome surprise!

4). Are the Scandics in Belgium, Italy and Germany staying in the chain or are they converting to Hilton Garden Inns (and I believe I read somewhere that the Bari property is so converting!)?

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Sep 11, 2007 at 9:15 pm
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Some highlights:

Tier levels -

1st floor
As a new member of the programme, you will be introduced to the 1st floor benefits
* Complimentary newspaper on every weekday of your stay
* Discounted holiday rates
* 20% weekend restaurant discount

2nd floor
After spending 5 nights within a consecutive 12-month period at Scandic, we will move you to the 2nd floor.
* 1st floor benefits plus:
* 300 extra bonus points per night for point eligible rooms
* SEK50 food & beverage voucher

3rd floor
If you spend 25 nights within a consecutive 12-month period at any of our hotels, take the elevator and we will welcome you to the 3rd floor of the programme.
* 500 extra bonus points per night
* SEK100 food & beverage voucher
* No exception to dates for reward stays – no matter what time of the year it is, we’ll accommodate you if you choose to use your points for a reward stay

Top floor
45 nights spent at Scandic within a consecutive 12 month period entitles you to the very best treatment. It’s all waiting for you on the top floor.
* 1000 extra bonus points per night
* SEK150 Food & Beverage voucher
* No exception to dates for reward stays - no matter what time of the year it is, we'll accommodate you if you choose to use your points for a reward stay
* 50 % pay TV discount
* 48-hour room guarantee – Even when the hotel is fully booked, if you call us 48 hours in advance, we will make sure there’s a room waiting for you upon arrival
* A welcome greeting will be waiting for you every time you stay with us

Earning points-

Eligible nights earn a flat 2000 points + bonuses:
1st floor 0 bonus points
2nd floor 300 bonus points per night
3rd floor 500 bonus points per night
Top floor 1,000 bonus points per night

Huge gap between 2nd and 3rd levels - qualifying stays needed are 5 and 25 respectively. Is that a typo? Did they forget the '1'?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:31 pm

By the way, blowfish, in case you haven't heard it already.....

Welcome to Flyertalk! And thanks for starting an interesting thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.