Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

possible to change name on reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA

I have reservation coming up that I can't use but my friend can. The problem is that the hotel is completely sold out, so I'm afraid that if I simply cancel someone else will get the room. Is it possible to simply switch the names on the reservation so he can use it? Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:50 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I think you can call and add a name to the reservation. Last Spring, I made a reservation for my wife at a Hilton property and planned on traveling with her. The reservation was in my name, and due to work changes, I couldn't go. The hotel was a nice beach property and ended up full. So I was in the same boat as you. I called reservations and added her name to the reservation. She didn't have any issues at all with that reservation.

(Though she was a bit preturbed because I ended up still getting the points and the night rather than her even though I wasn't there. She had more stays at Hiltons, so it would have been better for her to get the points/nights. )
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Yes. I did it for the 2006 Chicago Marathon. I actually had the 2nd guest's name added to the reservation and remained the primary guest. I used OLCI the day before to lock in a C-level room with my Gold status. Then she went to the lounge (that's where Golds/Diamonds check in at Hilton Chicago), collected the keys, and presented her credit card for payment. She's not a frequent Hilton guest, so she was happy to leave the overall reservation in my name. I got the points, she got the nice room, breakfast in the lounge, and no hassles on the late checkout on race day.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Yes. As mentioned add your friend's name to the reservation. Either call HH res line or the hotel directly.

I have done this several times w/o any issue.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 6:36 pm

Sometimes the issue is not adding the name itself, but thus changing from one person rate to the two person rate.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For most properties it's not a problem due to the "spouse stays free" clause, which is generally interpreted pretty liberally. But it's good to be aware of the possibility, which might require a small addition to the room rate - well worth it in the situation in the OP, IMO.

Originally Posted by best
Sometimes the issue is not adding the name itself, but thus changing from one person rate to the two person rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.