Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Stuttgart NeckarPark {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Stuttgart NeckarPark {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Stuttgart NeckarPark {DEU}

It looks like there are no reports yet on the first Hilton Garden Inn in Europe. I made a quick stop there not expecting anything special just to visit Mercedes Benz museum http://www.mercedes-benz.com/content...ld_Museum.html There are plenty of activities to do in Stuttgart itself as well as close by. One of my favourites is Metzingen outlet village about 40 km (25 mi) from the hotel. It is great to buy suites and other upscale clothes. Due to the current exchange rate it might not be the best deal for the visitors from the United States.

It was an award stay I got via Diamond desk for the Cat 3 hotel – 25k points per night. I was driving myself and I have to admit I found it only after the second try. It is between the Porsche Arena and the Gotlieb Daimler Stadium in Stuttgart. The fact is that the building compared to the other two is relatively small – 4 story building. There are unnoticeable HGI flags hang outside. There’s nothing else eye-catching or different to notice. There is basically just a Hilton Garden Inn title on the one of the small buildings written in similarly to what Porsche uses. Please note that HGI is NOT in the Stuttgart city centre.

Hotel uses Carl Benz centre parking which seems to be the same physical building. It costs EUR 13.50 per 24h with in-out privileges (additional ticked needs to be asked at the hotel’s reception). I would assume there are other parking options on the street or by the stadium, too. One needs to push the button at the first gate, ask reception to open the next gate in order to drive in from the hotel side. It is a covered and modern parking. I didn’t notice the sign at the first gate and drove to the second one. Went inside, check-in was a breeze. They upgraded me without asking to a deluxe room on the 4th floor. Room #418 is overlooking the Porsche Arena. We were also invited to free breakfast next morning in the hotel’s restaurant. They asked themselves during the check-in whether I would like to use free internet. I actually got two free vouchers, one also for Mrs. dabeee69. Internet connection was indeed very good.

Whole hotel and room itself smells new. It is also very modern:
- RFID room doors and keys
- Linksys in the Ice machine room
- Garden Sleep System adjustable bed
- Mirra ergonomic chair in the working area
- Microwave and a teapot
- Fridge
- Philips Flat TV
- Neutrogena bath products plus a blue duck (reminds me of yellow duck in Munich Hiltons), and more.

The selection in the room service menu is not too extensive, just a page of food. They have more stuff available than written in the menu book. I went for the Dunkeles Weissbier which was not listed in the menu. Food delivery was prompt and the quality of it was very good, everything was fresh and tasty. It was also very moderately priced compared to our previous Hiltons in Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich

The bed is sort of special; mattress is made from the New Zealand’s virgin wool. It has adjustable firmness of mattress. I had a comfortable night’s sleep.

Fitness room is relatively small but good enough. I went there for a quick morning workout and found 5 cardio devices as well as couple of multi-purpose strength machines.

The breakfast is very good. Fresh orange juice has to be squeezed by the op itself They also have sekt (sparkling wine but not exactly champagne), kefir and good selection of warm and cold stuff in the buffet.

I would definitely return. This has the best from traditional HGI in a very modern layout. I am glad HGI Stuttgart NeckarPark employ great, helpful and responsive staff.

I made a gallery of the hotel; feel free to check it out on http://dabee.net/HGISTR
Old Jul 20, 2007, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Thanks for the report, I wanted to try it out myself before but was always shocked by the room rates. Everytime I checked it was about € 150 per night. This is way too much for a Garden Inn ... the LeMeridien was the same price actually ...

By the way, nice pictures !
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Unhappy Is HGI STR leaving Hilton...?

No availability as from July and August 2008. Would that mean it is not going to be Hilton Garden Inn as from Q3/2008? No repairs for sure, it was physically brand new property and there's availability until the end of June, 2008.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:38 pm

Well that would be a short lived tenure as a HGI!!

I stayed there once and the room was pretty decent if I recall correctly....parked on the street with no problem -but the hotel is a tough one to find. I was just plain lucky as I had followed GPS directions and couldn't find it - had called twice for directions and couldn't find it and finally asked people on the street and they got me in the direction of the Porsche arena and luckily found it.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
I find that HGI's are always not so easy to find. If you do seem them off the freeway, that usually means I already missed the exit or will need to make a U-turn. My experience is based on properties in Seattle and Denver.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 1:37 am

Programs: KL Plat, SN Gold, DL Plat, HH Diamond, IC Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle,
Still able to book in august

But only using the diamond force option. I appears to be a popular place in the summer.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Not impressed.

I stayed here twice in the past two weeks for total of 3 nights. As a Diamond, I received no upgrade or any recognition of my status other than them agreeing to remove the breakfast charge from my invoice at check-out.

Suggest not to eat in the resturant. For dinner, 1/2 of the items on the menu were not available --- at 7:30PM -- including club sandwich and pizza. I had a burger instead and was disappointed with cost vs quality. The second night I got in late and had room service. They were still out of same items on the menu. Service was slow -- even by European standards.

Room was quiet. Bathroom is good sized with nice shower.

Suggest not to plan on eating at this hotel.

Hotel staff needs to be reminded about how to treat Diamond members. They failed in both of my stays.

The hotel seemed to be nearly empty of guests on both stays. I wonder how much longer this hotel will stay a Hilton???
Old Apr 21, 2009, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So breakfast is included for Diamonds here? Im shocked to here they have sparkline wine at breakfast...has to be a first for HGI!

Is there a way to get here using public transportation from the airport?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So breakfast is included for Diamonds here? Im shocked to here they have sparkline wine at breakfast...has to be a first for HGI!

Is there a way to get here using public transportation from the airport?
Yep, as a Diamond I get Breakfast all the time, and upgrades. The Diamond treatment is very good. At times I feel like i'm in a full Hilton not a HGI. I have been to this hotel 5 times, each time it gets better... You can use a mix of S-Bhan and Buss to get to the front door of the Hotel.

This HGI is a happy member of the Hilton family, but sells out a lot.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
The hotel is quite nice for a HGI. Internet is free for all guests and the hotel itself is new and modern, which is a rare thing in Stuttgart. Rooms are pretty small, especially if you consider the steep pricing. But I guess that's what comes with the Daimler proximity and hotel prices in Stuttgart in general. I have been a frequent guest in the last couple of years and have been quite satisfied with the hotel, even though the bread in the morning is terrible and breakfast quality and selection is a joke compared to the cheaper Moevenpick hotels at the airport. Front desk and restaurant staff are very friendly. They do have a small spa with two saunas and a steam bath along with small gym. Avoid the restaurant Palm Beach right next to the hotel. Food is terrible! The hotel restaurant is OK and continuously improving but very expensive. Food selection is small. If you do not have a car you are pretty stuck and have to use the expensive Stuttgart taxis. There is a bus that goes to the Cannstadt train station and from there you can take the train to the city center. Takes about 20-30 minutes I would guess. Taxi takes 5-10 minutes.

Last edited by flo0816; Dec 30, 2010 at 5:42 am
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:47 am

So breakfast is included for Diamonds here?
The Diamond perks are a bit different in Germany (Europe???). Breakfast is included in the room upgrade at HGIs as well.

Im shocked to here they have sparkline wine at breakfast...has to be a first for HGI!
In the US, yes. Everywhere else...NO.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by little_dc
Yep, as a Diamond I get Breakfast all the time, and upgrades. The Diamond treatment is very good. At times I feel like i'm in a full Hilton not a HGI. I have been to this hotel 5 times, each time it gets better...
Not sure which full Hilton that would be. Well, maybe if you look at the prices for rooms, dinks and food you may feel like you are at a full Hilton...

Originally Posted by little_dc
You can use a mix of S-Bhan and Buss to get to the front door of the Hotel.
...which will take you more than an hour and will include train (S-Bahn) and bus (3,45€ I think). Taxi takes 25-35 min and is about 40€.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Booked during FLASH SALE junior suite - 1 KING BED EVOL JNR SUITE. Lovely and spacious room with a private sauna. I also got 1 beer, 1 cola, several waters, couple bottles of juices in the fridge as well as some cookies.

Overall a very pleasant experience.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Could anyone tell me if the windows in the rooms can be opened (for fresh air)?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: HHD
Yes, they can. We regularly stay here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.