Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Five Night Award & Multiple Rooms on Awards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Everyone!

I am trying to book 2 rooms for 5 nights at a Category 5 (35,000) Hilton property. I know there is the AXON for 4 nights at 125,000 (I have the Platinum AMEX), and I know there is the GLON for 6 nights at 150,000 (I am a Gold).

I did searching, but for the life of me couldn't find any of these questions.

1) Is there any 5-night award between AXON and GLON?
2) When booking an award, could I count this as 10 total nights and just use the GLON?

I will probably call tomorrow to find out myself but just curious on past experiences.............thanks in advance!
Old May 30, 2007, 7:02 pm

No and no.
Old May 30, 2007, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I think I recall reading a statement along the lines of "for GLON awards less than 6 nights, call Hilton Honors".
Old May 31, 2007, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Everyone!
Well, according to the person I talked to at the DD, I would still need to purchase the 6 night certificate and just would eat the 6th night. They didn't offer me any alternatives unfortunately. I will have to rethink if this is the best use of my points now.

Thanks for the responses.
Old May 31, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: NWA, Spirit, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Figure that the room would cost you 160K (AXON + 35K for 5th night) or 175K (35K * 5 nights) otherwise. 150K is still better than either of the alternatives. I know it feels like you're losing something by giving up the 6th night, but you're still saving points. The only real question is what would it cost you to pay for the room(s) and is 150K in points a fair trade for that number of dollars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.