Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ageism at Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Ageism at Hilton

I have just received a survey request from Hilton via email which was basically whether you prefer a tub or a shower in the room.When I click on my proper age(have just turned 60)the survey defaults to the hilton website-not just once but several times.However if I select any younger age group the survey can be completed.
Now I have just retired.My travel plans have increased dramatically.I get no promotions from hilton,even the few extra bonus points with renewal of diamond recently.Is hilton saying they dont want my patronage?
Old Apr 15, 2007, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by drron
I have just received a survey request from Hilton via email which was basically whether you prefer a tub or a shower in the room.When I click on my proper age(have just turned 60)the survey defaults to the Hilton website-not just once but several times.However if I select any younger age group the survey can be completed.
Now I have just retired.My travel plans have increased dramatically.I get no promotions from Hilton,even the few extra bonus points with renewal of diamond recently.Is Hilton saying they dont want my patronage?
Maybe there is a "glitch" in the survey. Have you contacted Hilton or the host of the Survey. I don't think its far to jump to conspiracy theory's without talking to Hilton first.

Just a thought, maybe you're not the target audience, and in that targe are automatically dumped. There are many surveys that you take when you give an answer, they no longer need to you complete/go further with the survey and it ends there.

I think there are many factors that should be taken into consideration before stating this is a case of "age-ism"
Old Apr 15, 2007, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I take a lot of surveys online. Often they close for one demographic or another before the survey is over. It just means they got their quota of 60 year olds.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 1:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm older than the OP, and I get the usual promos and the like. I've not been cut off from a survey, either. I suspect if there is ageism it might be at specific properties, and most likely directed at younger customers.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Web surveys are mostly useless and I rarely do them unless they toss me an occasional bone.

MisterNice
Old Apr 16, 2007, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by MisterNice
Web surveys are mostly useless and I rarely do them unless they toss me an occasional bone.

MisterNice
Thank you for not responding. If I am a customer, I like to think that I can influence what a company offers and how it is offered by answering surveys. I count on everyone else not answering so my response has added weight. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.