Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Any other major country where there are no Hiltons at all?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2021, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EqualOpp
https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/

COUNTRIES THAT DO NOT HAVE A HILTON

Afghanistan
*American Samoa
*Bonaire
Brunei
Cuba
Denmark
Dominica
Federated States of Micronesia
Iran
Iraq
Marshall Islands
*Martinique
Mongolia
North Korea
Norway
*Northern Mariana Islands
Palau
Paraguay (but one is coming soon)
*Saint-Pierre & Miquelon
Somalia
*Tasmania
Turks and Caicos
*Virgin Islands - US & British

COUNTRIES THAT HAVE A HILTON

Anguilla
*Aruba
Australia
Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
China
Costa Rica
Curacao
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Eswatini
Fiji
France
*French Polynesia
Germany
*Guam
Guatemala
Haiti
Honduras
*Hong Kong
Jamaica
Japan
Maldives
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Papua New Guinea
*Puerto Rico
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
​​​​​​Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Tanzania
Thailand
Trinidad & Tobago
United Kingdom
United States

*Technically not countries apart from their respective mainland, but destinations of interest to some.

Print Wikipost

Any other major country where there are no Hiltons at all?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and I stand by my 13.5 year old comment. Other than perhaps in the oil industry (and not so much anymore) Brunei is NOT considered a major country by anyone. Brunei's population as a country is less than what would be legally considered a city in many countries (i.e. less than 500k people), and Bandar Seri Bagawan has even less than half of those. LAstly, having actually been there, I can tell you that it is not "major" in any way shape or form. Both Kota Konabalu and Kuching have many more people, are on the same island, and not only would most not consider them "major" but not even know they exist.
GUWonder and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
and I stand by my 13.5 year old comment. Other than perhaps in the oil industry (and not so much anymore) Brunei is NOT considered a major country by anyone. Brunei's population as a country is less than what would be legally considered a city in many countries (i.e. less than 500k people), and Bandar Seri Bagawan has even less than half of those. LAstly, having actually been there, I can tell you that it is not "major" in any way shape or form. Both Kota Konabalu and Kuching have many more people, are on the same island, and not only would most not consider them "major" but not even know they exist.
Having been to all three places as a tourist, I would agree. BSB makes the other two seem like world cities.
Stayed in the Kuching Hilton but had to make do with others in BSB and KK (it was before Hilton arrived in KK).
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You may want to check out the Hilton Family Hotel Master Thread.
Now defunct - and even the thread that this topic goes to is a dead end, with no onward link
Old Oct 23, 2020, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Now defunct - and even the thread that this topic goes to is a dead end, with no onward link
Link to the replacement thread, which is still active.
LINKS for Hilton Honors Hotels Worldwide
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:42 am

and I stand by my 13.5 year old comment. Other than perhaps in the oil industry (and not so much anymore) Brunei is NOT considered a major country by anyone.
I consider Brunei a major country.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
and I stand by my 13.5 year old comment. Other than perhaps in the oil industry (and not so much anymore) Brunei is NOT considered a major country by anyone. Brunei's population as a country is less than what would be legally considered a city in many countries (i.e. less than 500k people)

Many cities are less than 500k in the UK.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GG, you caught the "many countries" part, I did not say "all countries"....................Also, as I actually know several Bruneians, none would consider their country to be a major country.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
None in Denmark or Norway
Denmark used to have the Copenhagen airport hotel, but it became a Nordic Choice Clarion hotel around 3 years ago. As the Hilton CPH became the Clarion CPH, Hilton ended up having no more hotels in Denmark. Around a decade before the CPH airport hotel and Hilton separated ways, Hilton still had Scandic hotels in Denmark. But those too are no longer affiliated with Hilton.

Hilton is down to just one hotel in Sweden, but that's been the case for years and years now.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Maybe we need a Wiki? Alphabetical order with separate sections for countries that do not and do have a Hilton.

People could add or subtract countries (in alphabetical order) as we become aware of them.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
None in Denmark or Norway
Technically under the Danish Crown, the Faroe Islands have a Hilton Garden Inn. It opened two days ago. Copenhagen will get a downtown Hilton in 2022.
SPN Lifer and :D! like this.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Technically under the Danish Crown, the Faroe Islands have a Hilton Garden Inn. It opened two days ago. Copenhagen will get a downtown Hilton in 2022.
I was supposed to stay there then Covid happened. It’s nice to have a Hilton option in the Faeroe Islands.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Denmark used to have the Copenhagen airport hotel, but it became a Nordic Choice Clarion hotel around 3 years ago.
That was the first place I ever redeemed Hilton points. 2 nights in 2014 cost 40000 points total and was my base for flying to Billund to visit LegoLand and then heading to Malmo afterwards.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I have created a wiki-post for this thread.

Feel free to add countries (in alphabetical order) to the appropriate list.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by klew97
That was the first place I ever redeemed Hilton points. 2 nights in 2014 cost 40000 points total and was my base for flying to Billund to visit LegoLand and then heading to Malmo afterwards.
I used to alternate between Hilton Malmö and Hilton Copenhagen in order to collect stays.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: HH D
Have (and added):
Anguilla
Aruba
Eswatini
Fiji
French Polynesia
Papua New Guinea
Puerto Rico
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Trinidad & Tobago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.