Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

When are Reward Stay Points Deducted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When are Reward Stay Points Deducted?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP (1K), Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Question When are Reward Stay Points Deducted?

Imagine my surprise to find 120,000 points deducted from my HHonor Account last week (January 2007)--for a stay in October 2006. I have had many Reward Stays, and ALWAYS the points have been deducted at the time the Certificate is issued. I am sure it was the same for this stay. The Diamond Desk is of no help; each time I call, I get a different answer. One time I was transferred to another Department, where I was given a Reference Number, and told the points would be re-instated within 4-5 days. No such luck.
This means I have used 240,000 miles on a three-day stay in London! OUCH! Any advice?
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
These days points are automatically deducted when you make a reservation via the web site. You can also call and have reservations made manually.

I'm sure they will get things corrected. I suggest you go through the redemption section of your HH account. Then, call up HH and ask about each and every one of those certificates. The problem should soon become apparent to them.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:37 pm

Programs: Priority club Platinum Royal Ambassador, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriot Spg, Trip reward's, Air tran
My points are always dedusted as soon as I make the reservation and request the certificate either on the web or by phone.
Jim
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:11 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
yep

Originally Posted by BostonJim
My points are always dedusted as soon as I make the reservation and request the certificate either on the web or by phone.
Jim
but sometimes points are not deducted due to an error in the hilton system. in this case an reward cert will not be issued.
but than you cant stay at the hotel without having an reward cert.

the best is to have your points blocked in reservations, so if they deduct anything your balance will go negative.

dp
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by SuzyB
Imagine my surprise to find 120,000 points deducted from my HHonor Account last week (January 2007)--for a stay in October 2006. I have had many Reward Stays, and ALWAYS the points have been deducted at the time the Certificate is issued. I am sure it was the same for this stay. The Diamond Desk is of no help; each time I call, I get a different answer. One time I was transferred to another Department, where I was given a Reference Number, and told the points would be re-instated within 4-5 days. No such luck.
This means I have used 240,000 miles on a three-day stay in London! OUCH! Any advice?
its easy

If you go into your account and click on honors activity/then redemption history it will tell you how many points were deducted in the last couple of years!

no chances of double points being lifted. they have never made a mistake on mine
Old Feb 6, 2007, 6:35 am

I've made reward stay reservations without the available points (by phone only). I simply said that I'd have enough points before the stay. I'm not sure if they have changed this, but I'd keep calling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.