Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Burlington {US-VT}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Burlington {US-VT}

I could not see where this info has been posted, so for those who travel to BTV, the Wyndham (f/k/a Radisson) will be rebranded as a full-service Hilton Hotel around April or May 2007. Much, much needed renovations to rooms will be made, according to hotel personnel during the conversion. IMO this hotel has the best location in the city (it faces Lake Champlain.) However, a new Marriott Courtyard will open in March 2007 about 100 yards up the street so perhaps this is driving the renovations and rebranding.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 9:18 pm

This is GREAT news! That hotel is in a fantastic location, right across from Lake Champlain and downtown. I look forward to seeing this property updated! ^

I hope the hotel staff stays though, as they are good!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Excellent! I knew the place as a Radisson in the early/mid '80s when I lived in Burlington, and even then it was the nicest property in town. Burlington is very short of full-line hotels (so I expect the new Courtyard next door will do well); I don't think there are any comparable properties in the city center, and only a Sheraton out by the I-89 exit to downtown.

I can't imagine why Wyndham wasn't able to make it go given the lack of competition but this is good news for Hilton.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, UA GOLD, HERTZ #1 GOLD, STRWD PLAT
Hilton Burlington, VT

Anyone know when the Hilton (former Wyndham) in Burlington, VT will be open?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:20 pm

I believe that is is going to be the second week of August '07
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, UA GOLD, HERTZ #1 GOLD, STRWD PLAT
The Hilton site says that it will start accepting reservations in July 2007, but that hasn't happened yet.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post The New Hilton Burlington Opens

Press Release Source: Hilton Hotels

The New Hilton Burlington Offers 'Queen City' Residents and Visitors Enhanced Amenities, Services
Friday August 17, 10:56 am ET

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hilton Hotels (NYSE:HLT - News) proudly announced the opening of its newest Hilton hotel today, the Hilton Burlington in Burlington, Vermont. Shannon Smith, the hotel's general manager, headed up a flag-raising at 60 Battery Street overlooking Lake Champlain, signifying that Burlington's newest, finest full-service hotel is officially the Hilton Burlington. "We are extremely excited to raise the flag over the Queen City's newest hotel," declared Smith. "Using the word 'new' to describe it is no exaggeration, given the year-long, $16 million dollar renovation that's revamped this hotel from lobby to luxury suites."

The Hilton Burlington is operated by Rad-Burl, LLC, under a franchise license agreement with Hilton Inns, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Hilton Hotels Corporation. The hotel is owned and managed by Columbia Sussex, Inc.

"With its modern, elegant amenities, the Hilton Burlington is designed to help our guests achieve transformation, productivity and reinvigoration through travel," said Jeff Diskin, senior vice president, Hilton Brand Management, Hilton Hotels Corporation. "The hotel is ideally positioned to enhance the experience of both leisure and business travelers."

Each of the hotel's 258 guestrooms is furnished with the Hilton Serenity Collection® of upscale in-room amenities, which includes the Hilton Serenity Bed with Serta Suite Dreams mattress, Pacific Coast® down duvet, Super Topper mattress pads, and high-quality linens and pillows; in-room coffee system, featuring world-renowned Lavazza® coffee from Italy and a Cuisinart® dual-cup, single-brew coffeemaker; and exclusive Crabtree & Evelyn La Source® bath products. Each suite also has a spacious work desk and the innovative Hilton Family easy-to-set alarm clock/MP3 player. Wired and wireless high-speed internet access is available throughout the hotel to ensure guests stay connected for work and leisure.

Press Release
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
any recent stays? how does it compare to the marriot? search didn't bring anything up....
Old May 25, 2008, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
We'll be staying here the first weekend in August using points - really looking forward to it. Will post a report eventually.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Stayed here for 2 nights.It is a great location.As a diamond upgraded to a large corner room on the 6th floor.Great views.Also given coupons for a continental breakfast in the restaurant.At breakfast however it was indicated that you could have the full buffet.Staff were very good and friendly.If I was in the area again i would certainly stay there again.
We also had great seafood at the Shanty restaurant just down the road.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:59 am

Any current FT'ers stay there? The reviews on TripAdvisor are just awful.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TrinaLC
I cannot imagine why anyone would perceive this property as "awful." I just completed two short stays there last week and I thought the property was great. For both of my stays, I was assigned a top floor corner room that afforded me with great views overlooking Lake Champlain.

The room was in good condition and the decor was pleasant. On the downside, the television was a smallish CRT unit rather than an LCD and the bathroom was on the small side.

For breakfast, I was provided with vouchers that could be used either for the buffet or for anything on the menu. Given that a fair amount of smoked salmon had been deployed on the buffet, my choice was clear.

I availed myself of free internet because of my rate plan, not because of my diamond status. To enable the free internet required obtaining a unique code from the front desk and these codes expired precisely at noon. The front desk was more than happy to supply me with additional codes but there was no way to enable them until the old code officially expired. In general, internet is available using a tiered rate/speed structure and performance was fine.

I asked for a late checkout for both of my stays and the first time I was told somewhat grudgingly that 1:00 would be the best they could do. For the second stay, a different front desk clerk said 2:00 would be fine and would even be willing to extend it later.

I would happily return to this property should my travels bring me back to BTV.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by TrinaLC
I checked TripAdvisor -- they're not that awful. A couple of bad anecdotes, something to do with a car alarm that wouldn't turn off, and an isolated case of desk attitude. But I take TripAdvisor with a grain of salt anyway.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:25 pm

Well, I am in the Burlington Hilton right now and I share Larry U's very positive experience.

Front desk was very friendly. I was upgraded (Diamond, on a reward stay) to a corner room lake view (same as LarryU). These are great rooms, and I think there are probably only about 5, maybe fewer. The portfolio even bears a foil stamp "HHonors, Diamond Level Guest" - so this property really does take note.

The room is very well appointed, furnishings seem new (yes, older CRT TV, I can deal with that but it blocks some of the gorgeous lake view!)

Front desk hands out list of walking area restaurants, map, called to make sure everything was fine.

Property is getting a bit old, but well within the realm of acceptable - and did I mention the views? And location? Awesome.

All in all, I'd happily stay here (but I would book a lake view room if I wasn't entitled to an upgrade. I don't think I'd be happy with the city view.)

I looked again at the tripadvisor reviews, and I still think they were pretty lousy. But Wrong. I already wrote a review there and it should be posted shortly.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
July 2012 Stay

Not much change to report based on TrinaLC's post from two years ago. The views of the lake and mountains really are fantastic; unfortunately the location of the restaurant and bar don’t take advantage of the view. It appears that the “city view” really is nothing special, more like a view of the parking lot. There is no Executive Lounge.

The rooms are not large but I would not describe them as small either. I was upgraded to a corner room facing the lake. My room had a large flat panel TV and a good size desk with plenty of electric plugs. There was no mini-bar or refrigerator in the room but there was a small coffee maker. The bathroom was small in my option.

While the hotel is not “run-down” it is starting to look a bit old. Overall my view is this is an average Hilton with super views in a great location. I booked at a reasonable rate but I would have been disappointed if I had booked the room at $300. Not sure why but the rates on Hilton.com are similar to rates in New York City!

Last, the idea of charging for parking and internet ($12.95) is personally annoying. However the $10 parking fee does allow you in and out access which is nice. Depending on your status or rate you may get the Internet for free but the garage is owned by the city expect to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.