Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston/Woburn {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I found the lounge to be open this weekend, albeit the breakfast and evening sessions were not there
So the lounge door opened, but there was nothing in there? That's more or less what I meant by not open...
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
So the lounge door opened, but there was nothing in there? That's more or less what I meant by not open...
Ah yes! The fridge was fully stocked and it was a useful place to sit for a couple of hours after checking out until my ride arrived
Old May 28, 2017, 7:11 pm

Hi all,

Does anybody know the nearest standard-line T stop to this hotel? I'm thinking about the red, green, orange, blue lines rather than the commuter rail (e.g. Anderson) or a bus stop.

Old May 29, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I believe it wold be the Oak Grove Station on the Orange Line. I've used it before while staying at the HGI in Burlington to get into Boston.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:23 am

Hi all,

Does anybody know the nearest standard-line T stop to this hotel? I'm thinking about the red, green, orange, blue lines rather than the commuter rail (e.g. Anderson) or a bus stop.

Wellington in Medford would be the easiest to get to and they have tons of parking as opposed to a oak grove which has very little parking.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:16 am

Ah, thanks birdiedouble and robertwcook16

That is useful to know! I would be travelling by Uber. On balance, I think it might just be easier to organise an Uber straight to my destination. I chose this hotel because it is located very close to where I'm hosting an event (about 10 minutes away) but I also need to get downtown and to Somerville (e.g. Assembly) every so often which I can just do via Uber.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
Ah, thanks birdiedouble and robertwcook16

That is useful to know! I would be travelling by Uber. On balance, I think it might just be easier to organise an Uber straight to my destination. I chose this hotel because it is located very close to where I'm hosting an event (about 10 minutes away) but I also need to get downtown and to Somerville (e.g. Assembly) every so often which I can just do via Uber.
As others have noted, Oak Grove is the nearest T stop but it has minimal parking (and not great access to major highways). Wellington or Assembly would have better (garage) parking options.

If you're going to have to take Uber (or Lyft) to get to the T stations, it may often make more sense to just take it all the way to your final destination.

If there's surge pricing, most of Somerville is still probably going to be easier to get to with Uber/Lyft (Assembly is right off of Interstate 93), but downtown Boston could get pricey depending on traffic, in which case, going to a T stop might make more sense.

If your time is flexible, you can also take the Route 354 Outer Express bus from just across the street (400 W Cummings Pk) into downtown Boston. Note, this bus doesn't stop at any of the cities surrounding Boston (e.g. Somerville). Fare is $5.25 one-way ($7.00 if you don't have the plastic RFID Charlie Card) with a free subway transfer. It only runs once in the morning for your stop and once in the afternoon. Maybe you could take it one-way though and save some money on the Uber/Lyft.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma...tes/?route=354
Old May 30, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Good luck. Stayed here last weekend and would not go back until the construction has been completed. Not worth the price.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:48 pm

Yes we were concerned about this but we were told that the construction would be finished this week, though that is no longer the case. We chose the location because it is the closest hotel to an event we were organising in a nearby village, and it avoids the cost of central Boston during a major graduation weekends for our event attendees.

Sure, the construction will be annoying - but it will suffice.
Old May 31, 2017, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Evo40
As others have noted, Oak Grove is the nearest T stop but it has minimal parking (and not great access to major highways). Wellington or Assembly would have better (garage) parking options.

If you're going to have to take Uber (or Lyft) to get to the T stations, it may often make more sense to just take it all the way to your final destination.

If there's surge pricing, most of Somerville is still probably going to be easier to get to with Uber/Lyft (Assembly is right off of Interstate 93), but downtown Boston could get pricey depending on traffic, in which case, going to a T stop might make more sense.

If your time is flexible, you can also take the Route 354 Outer Express bus from just across the street (400 W Cummings Pk) into downtown Boston. Note, this bus doesn't stop at any of the cities surrounding Boston (e.g. Somerville). Fare is $5.25 one-way ($7.00 if you don't have the plastic RFID Charlie Card) with a free subway transfer. It only runs once in the morning for your stop and once in the afternoon. Maybe you could take it one-way though and save some money on the Uber/Lyft.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma...tes/?route=354

Thanks Evo40! Yes, I think that Uber/Lyft are likely more efficient in the end when heading towards Boston especially as I can share the cost with others on a few of the journeys.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I’m staying here with my family for an upcoming weekend as it’s much cheaper than something closer to the city. Even as a Diamond there isn’t free breakfast on weekends?
Old May 21, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by verbyournoun
I’m staying here with my family for an upcoming weekend as it’s much cheaper than something closer to the city. Even as a Diamond there isn’t free breakfast on weekends?
It seems as though lounge isn't open on weekends, which is typical of U.S. properties that cater primarily to business travelers. In lieu of lounge offering, breakfast should be served in restaurant to comply with Hilton Honors terms and conditions.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by verbyournoun
Yeah, Boston is a nightmare price-wise when it comes to Hilton properties. A couple places, if you're open to revisiting, that have worked for me and are family friendly: check out the HGI and ES in Waltham, and occasionally you can get lucky at the DT Suites in Cambridge. The ES at Logan can also be hit-or-miss; sometimes it's super expensive and other times quite cheap.

Originally Posted by MS02113
It seems as though lounge isn't open on weekends, which is typical of U.S. properties that cater primarily to business travelers. In lieu of lounge offering, breakfast should be served in restaurant to comply with Hilton Honors terms and conditions.
Yep - this lounge has never been open on weekends (going back to when I first stayed at this property almost 10 years ago); definitely a pure business hotel catering to the office-park warriors in tech-land up that way (hence the dirt cheap prices OP is probably finding over the weekend). Breakfast should be something in the restaurant as you note.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Rather pathetic stay here a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday evening. Diamond checking in around 22:00. Noticed one standard king open up as i was looking between here and the DT further east about 10-15 min. I walked in the first floor room and it was directly across from the restaurant kitchen. It had a patio/balcony in which there was about a 6ft partition with an ivy scene displayed on the partition in case someone actually wanted to use the patio? I could see the top of a tv beyond it and all I heard was workers talking and dishes clanking the entire 2 minutes i was in the room (with doors closed). I returned to front desk and said I think we need to do something different on the room. The agent balked that there was an executive room king or a king junior suite available, despite it being available for booking on the app. I'm fairly certain inventory was accurate since the king disappeared after i had booked it and then reappeared again after i had switched out of the first floor room. I ended up with two queens since he wouldn't budge on executive floor. He then told me it was an upgraded room since it was on an "honors" floor. It was a standard two queen room.

Lounge was really small for amount of guests it needs to serve. Standard low-end Hilton lounge breakfast offerings.

Agent didn't ask how my stay was at check-out. I won't return here if ever in the area just based off of the customer service. It was around $130 I think.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
In the middle of a stay here right now. Much better than the Hilton in Dedham. Bathrooms are fairly dated in the rooms, really no excuse to still have a tub with a shower curtain in this class of hotel. Rest of the room is fine, pretty cool lobby layout and the bar/restaurant are fairly lively. I'd stay here again if I were in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.