FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Boston/Woburn {US-MA}
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2017, 2:38 pm
Evo40

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Ah, thanks birdiedouble and robertwcook16

That is useful to know! I would be travelling by Uber. On balance, I think it might just be easier to organise an Uber straight to my destination. I chose this hotel because it is located very close to where I'm hosting an event (about 10 minutes away) but I also need to get downtown and to Somerville (e.g. Assembly) every so often which I can just do via Uber.
As others have noted, Oak Grove is the nearest T stop but it has minimal parking (and not great access to major highways). Wellington or Assembly would have better (garage) parking options.

If you're going to have to take Uber (or Lyft) to get to the T stations, it may often make more sense to just take it all the way to your final destination.

If there's surge pricing, most of Somerville is still probably going to be easier to get to with Uber/Lyft (Assembly is right off of Interstate 93), but downtown Boston could get pricey depending on traffic, in which case, going to a T stop might make more sense.

If your time is flexible, you can also take the Route 354 Outer Express bus from just across the street (400 W Cummings Pk) into downtown Boston. Note, this bus doesn't stop at any of the cities surrounding Boston (e.g. Somerville). Fare is $5.25 one-way ($7.00 if you don't have the plastic RFID Charlie Card) with a free subway transfer. It only runs once in the morning for your stop and once in the afternoon. Maybe you could take it one-way though and save some money on the Uber/Lyft.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma...tes/?route=354