Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many points will this earn me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many points will this earn me?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BrianV
It's a 3 room suite, but it's billed as one suite. It was only for 5 days, something like $1,200 per day + tax.

Thanks for all the help. I need to go to the front desk and make sure my double dip is set to bonus HH points.
$1200 a day even for a 3 room suite, my max at this place over the past 10 yrs was $65 a night for 1 room and thats also with a 1 night max per stay. Of cause Ive spent a few days there in a given week but never consectutive at that.

Boy do I miss Ballys,Paris and Flamingo
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My mind is reeling @ $1,200/night, too, craz!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:28 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My mind is reeling @ $1,200/night, too, craz!
if it is 3 rooms thats actually not too expensive for a suite.
share it with 6 persons and its down to 200USD per night.
if you get acess to a lounge with 6 persons for that price thats actually very nice

btw. i never heard of a 3 bedroom suite. or did you mean 3 rooms?
i.e living +2 bedrooms ?

dp
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Assuming paid with HHonors Platinum visa the earning on $6000 room rate before taxes would be (according to the spreadsheet)

if my way points + points 140,600 HHonors points + 0 miles

if my way points + variable miles 110,600 HHonors points + 6000 AAdvantage miles

if my way points + fixed miles 110,600 HHonors points + 500 AAdvantage miles

(or 500 less HHonors points if not booked online)

Note my way needs to be selected before check out.

Please remind me again what the maximum earning per stay is? Edited to add - found it in the T&Cs. Maximum earning is 100,000 base points (except Homewood Suites). This stay earns only 60,000 base points so not capped.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
The room is actually two suite bedrooms with a parlor/living area in the middle. It's $1,200 because it's CES week and the Hilton Hotel is actually consider part of the show, so we have a registered booth at the show, etc. FWIW, The Rennaisance Hotel is the same.

Finally, I've been having problems with my double dip settings on the web. I always do the bonus points but every time I check in it's at the fixed mileage bonus; I always have the hotel staff change it so I'm confident the front desk can change it.

Thanks for all the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.