FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Stuffed Toys from Conrad Hotels...which ones do you have? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/624554-stuffed-toys-conrad-hotels-ones-do-you-have.html)

Fraser Oct 12, 2008 1:03 pm

I gave my Conrad BKK elephant to a friend and have a rubber duck from Tokyo.

Originally Posted by k_getchell (Post 10458335)
I've also got three rubber Loch Ness Monsters from the Hilton Edinburgh which are pretty fun.

I saw those when I stayed there and thought it was a bit stupid. I mean Loch Ness is over 100miles as the crow flies from Edinburgh!

Skyman65 Oct 12, 2008 2:10 pm

We have contruction bears and yellow ducks from HKG. Also small bears and white "imperial" swans from Tokyo.

ETA: We picked up a monkey at the Conrad Bali in February.

manicflyer9 Oct 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 10507729)
No silk elephants on the bed in BKK anymore, just the plastic squeaker version in the bathroom.

Maybe they gave me yours. The silk elephants were waiting for me on two separate occasions within the last week.
I noticed that the the leather-bound manicure kit was absent, so I asked, and it was delivered.

FlyingOnceMore Oct 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by manicflyer9 (Post 10509765)
Maybe they gave me yours. The silk elephants were waiting for me on two separate occasions within the last week.

:mad: You &$#"%*. In that case my address is........:p

Seriously though, I'm not usually bothered about them, but my stay two weeks ago was my first stay since my goddaughter was born, and I actually wanted one. I asked the ladies in the Exec Lounge to help me out but they couldn't find me one. I took their apology to mean the silk elephants were no more, but they must've just been out of stock, Got three squeakers though ! Oh well, next time.

vysean Jan 18, 2009 10:58 pm

I have no excuse for wanting them, but what can I say - they're fun to collect and make for interesting conversation pieces when guests come over... I've re-gifted many to my co-workers' kids and/or my family.

That said, my collection includes:

Asia:
Conrad Hong Kong:
Stuffed Bear (Hong Kong printed on shirt)
Rubber Duck (no markings)

Conrad Singapore:
Stuffed Bear (Singapore printed on shirt)
Rubber Duck (Singapore printed on front)

Conrad Bangkok:
Stuffed Elephant (three of four different kinds - red pattern, purple, and "lightning")
Rubber Elephant (very unique in my book - I've got the blue flower and the white polka-dot)

Conrad Tokyo:
Small Stuffed Bear Keychain (I probably mis-remember, my mom has it now)
Rubber Duck "King" (also pretty unique - not sure if there are different ones)

United States:
Conrad Chicago:
Bean Bag Cow (not sure why - is Chicago known for it's cows?)
No duck (I asked - perhaps they were just out?)
NB: I had to ask for the cow as there was nothing in the room. At first they had no idea what I was talking about, but they promised to check and call me. In the morning as I was checking out, they remembered my request and presented me with not only the cow, but the BKK elephant (the red patterned one), the DUB bear, and a Conrad Chicago yo-yo in a little leather holster. ^

Conrad Miami:
Looking forward to a stay here in April - do they have rubber ducks too or just the stuffed manatee?

Europe:
Conrad Dublin:
I've not stayed here yet, but cheated courtesy of the Conrad Chicago (see above).
Green stuffed bear with tophat.

Conrad Brussels:
Wire-haired bear with sweater (Conrad Brussels printed on front)
No duck (I asked, perhaps they misunderstood?)
NB: No animals here either, asked at the front desk late in the evening and was told they discontinued them, but later in the morning one was delivered to me in a gift bag, along with a rather nice travel toiletry kit (contents weren't so nice, but they were contained in a leather zip case which will be re-used). ^

I've got first-time stays coming up in Istanbul and Cairo and am looking forward to see what they have. I wouldn't mind a stuffed pyramid... :p

Great thread - thanks to the OP for creating it!

vysean Jan 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 10506613)
What hotel gives parrots?

Does anyone know?

I'd have to guess Maldives or perhaps one of the Australian Conrads?

Chapel Hill Guy Jan 19, 2009 3:50 am

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 11101038)
Conrad Chicago:

Chicago stockyards--full of cows. :D

onobond Jan 19, 2009 7:57 am

Originally Posted by flaii (Post 10454590)
I'm staying at the Conrad Chicago right now... darn, no stuffed animals! :( Was looking to get my Conrad HKG bear a friend!

Never saw any stuffed animals. :D

The soft pets are, however, nice, especially the elephants, still distributed in BKK two weeks ago.

Returning from heavy shopping considerably later than BKK lounge happy hours, Ms onobond found a large stuffed pet on the bed...

JDiver Jan 19, 2009 9:28 am

I won't say we are weird, I'll merely say we are, er, a touch eccentric. Ah, well, this is FlyerTalk... ;)

Not only have we given some of our Conrad Bali monkeys away, we have used some small pins to create a tableau of three Conrad monkeys with hands pinned strategically to depict "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil." LOL!

vysean Jan 19, 2009 11:26 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 11102884)
I won't say we are weird, I'll merely say we are, er, a touch eccentric. Ah, well, this is FlyerTalk... ;)

Not only have we given some of our Conrad Bali monkeys away, we have used some small pins to create a tableau of three Conrad monkeys with hands pinned strategically to depict "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil." LOL!

This post is worthless without pictures... :p

So I wonder if I can bed-hop at the Bali to get more monkeys? Pondering a trip there in July for two nights... :cool:

holtju2 Jan 19, 2009 11:33 am

None. I don't collect junk.

BiziBB Jan 19, 2009 3:45 pm

So, we were allowed to 'steal' the bear from SIN Contrad?
I figured with the shop downstairs, the message was not to take the furball... but I did get some pics...

If you look very closely you will find him on the chair at the right of the pic.

Weatherboy Jan 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Conrad Maldives

I got a different stuffed aquatic creature each night at turndown at the Conrad Maldives. They're all very cute: a crab, a goldfish, an octopus, and other various fish.

Viajera Jan 22, 2009 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by flaii
I'm staying at the Conrad Chicago right now... darn, no stuffed animals! Was looking to get my Conrad HKG bear a friend

Originally Posted by vysean
Conrad Chicago:
Mrs. O'Leary's cow ? :)

www.chicagohistory.org/fire/oleary

onobond Jan 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy (Post 11101645)
Chicago stockyards--full of cows. :D

Sorry for the dissapointment, but OP is asking about Toys. Cows seem to be out of this concept. Mooo turns to Booo :)