FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Stuffed Toys from Conrad Hotels...which ones do you have? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/624554-stuffed-toys-conrad-hotels-ones-do-you-have.html)

restlessinRNO Feb 1, 2009 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 10509819)
Seriously though, I'm not usually bothered about them, but my stay two weeks ago was my first stay since my goddaughter was born, and I actually wanted one. I asked the ladies in the Exec Lounge to help me out but they couldn't find me one. I took their apology to mean the silk elephants were no more, but they must've just been out of stock, Got three squeakers though ! Oh well, next time.

No silk elephant when I was there last week, just the rubber one. :eek: Perhaps I should have read this thread prior to my visit and also asked specifically for one.

ORDnHKG Apr 29, 2009 10:49 am

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 11101038)
United States:
Conrad Chicago:
Bean Bag Cow (not sure why - is Chicago known for it's cows?)
No duck (I asked - perhaps they were just out?)
NB: I had to ask for the cow as there was nothing in the room. At first they had no idea what I was talking about, but they promised to check and call me. In the morning as I was checking out, they remembered my request and presented me with not only the cow, but the BKK elephant (the red patterned one), the DUB bear, and a Conrad Chicago yo-yo in a little leather holster. ^

I think it is more likely about 10 years ago, or maybe less, I forgot about it. There was a street art scrupture "Cows On Parades" in chicago, which shows artists had painted many fiberglass cows in different colors and drawings, and put those in everywhere in chicago, downtown, northside, southside. It was a very famous street exhibition known around the country for a while.

Oh btw, I stayed there last month (March), nothing in the room either, was told they are on request only. I asked about the duck too, they said they will send one of each before I leave. When they delivered to my room, no duck, but instead two cows. :D

Socko33 Apr 29, 2009 12:39 pm

It's also suspected (urban legend) that a cow started the great Chicago fire...

BKKLEE Apr 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Conrad Brussels

As previously posted in another post, only a bottle of water from Conrad Brussels

Stripe Apr 30, 2009 12:42 am

Originally Posted by BiziBB (Post 11105223)
So, we were allowed to 'steal' the bear from SIN Contrad?
I figured with the shop downstairs, the message was not to take the furball... but I did get some pics...

If you look very closely you will find him on the chair at the right of the pic.

Yes, you can take both the bear and the rubber duck. I asked.

Here's a photo

I have visits to the Conrads in HKG and Tokyo coming up in June. Looking forward to seeing what animals they have there.

Karter Apr 30, 2009 3:52 am

Duck from Tokyo
Elephant from Bankok
Duck and Bear from Singapore
Cow from Chicago

And Hilton Munich City does mini ducks. :)

bthobe Apr 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Conrad Tokyo: White King duck and a small blue keychain bear. I am actually kind of sad I didn't stay at the Conrad HK, BKK and SIN while I was on business in SE Asia this past month. Looks like I will have to wait until next time to expand my collection of Conrad animals.

EasternTraveler May 1, 2009 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by BiziBB (Post 11105223)
So, we were allowed to 'steal' the bear from SIN Contrad?
I figured with the shop downstairs, the message was not to take the furball... but I did get some pics...

If you look very closely you will find him on the chair at the right of the pic.

That looks like the room I was in a few nights ago. 2406..:)

EasternTraveler May 1, 2009 4:16 pm

I did not know that I could keep them. Dang...

EasternTraveler May 1, 2009 4:16 pm

The Hilton Brussels did have a rubber duck with Hilton Brussels stamped on it. Was there two weeks ago.

BKKLEE May 4, 2009 1:21 am

Then you got ALOT more then what the Conrad Brussels offered - 2 bottles of water !!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 11679558)
The Hilton Brussels did have a rubber duck with Hilton Brussels stamped on it. Was there two weeks ago.

PedroNY Aug 18, 2010 4:00 pm

I know this thread is over a year old...

I did get a Conrad Bear from Dublin in November 2009, he was all green and wore a santa hat and had a santa stocking as a backpack.

This year, Tokyo Conrad gave us 2 different key chain bears, I presume a "boy" and a "girl" as they were red and blue. I stayed there with Mrs. PedroNY, so 1 for each one of us. They also had the King Rubber Duck, with hotel name printed on it.

Best,

PedroNY

SanDiego1K Aug 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by PedroNY (Post 14505795)
I did get a Conrad Bear from Dublin in November 2010, he was all green and wore a santa hat and had a santa stocking as a backpack.

**jealous**

RAPC Aug 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by PedroNY (Post 14505795)
This year, Tokyo Conrad gave us 2 different key chain bears, I presume a "boy" and a "girl" as they were red and blue. I stayed there with Mrs. PedroNY, so 1 for each one of us. They also had the King Rubber Duck, with hotel name printed on it.

We were at the Conrad Tokyo recently as well and got a pair of the bears, although blue and purple in our case. We also got a couple of the 5th Anniversary Conrad King Ducks. The 5th anniversary ones have a golden crown instead of a silver crown on the ones they sold in the shop.

The ducks are currently standing guard in the bathrooms at home!

restlessinRNO Aug 18, 2010 7:48 pm

I have two silk elephants from stays at the Conrad BKK this year: Chang Ping (Elephant Ping, known for it's loyalty and hard work) and Chang Surin (Elephant Surin, popular for it's powerful strength and energy). There are four in the set, so obviously I need to be heading back to BKK. :)