Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Just booked 2 nights here in August for 83GBP each during the Sale. Haven't stayed here before but I guess for that price we can't go wrong 😁. Moving to Bankside for the next 2 nights (45K points per night). Quiet excited!!
Old May 17, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Wizla, I thought you were here this week for your anual Thames walk. Yes I do believe the evenings have improved, hope you and your mum have a nice time.
Thames walk is mon 17th June ( weather permitting), thanks yes I hope so too, I popped around and told her this morning and she’s looking forward to it.
I think you are correct some of the j.suites do have connecting doors, I can’t actually remember which ones but 205 definitely doesn’t, I do hear the rumble of the DLR but it doesn’t really bother me.
It’s handy as I can slip into the sauna in my robe as it’s the door opposite, yeah looking forward to next Monday, hope the gin selection is out in the lounge, my lady loves it.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:08 am

Here tomorrow night, two rooms booked , strangely one preupgraded to j.suite the other not preupgraded from double guest room......it’s still a little early but unusual for here.
Will do the usual cutting edge reporting!
Old May 26, 2019, 3:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
My stay was 'ok'. I've had better and much worse!

We were upgraded to a nice JS on the 11th floor - this has no interconnecting door BTW, so that floorplan is wrong.

The lounge on the Saturday night was fine - no slimline or diet tonics, so a negative there. Was a bit busy, but no major issues. Much quieter on the Sunday, with pretty much the same selection. Maybe an extra bottle? Food options were better on the Saturday night. They did replenish the food often, so a big tick there. Was nice to see salad on the Saturday night. A big tick. But it wasn't there on the Sunday night. Afternoon tea was nothing to write home about. One irritation was there are tea pots - great - but only a jug of milk in the fridge, no smaller jugs. A bit pointless having teapots if you have to keep getting milk.

Breakfast was different both days. On the Sunday it was very busy, but a decent spread. Quieter on the Monday but much poorer quality/selection.

I hate the waste that they have introduced here in the form of plastic for the jam and marmalade etc. Also not keen on the canteen style cutlery in the middle of the table. On a small table, this takes up far too much space.

Concierge doesn't appear to be there at weekends.

I would say that Bankside was better all round, but that is further to walk from the underground.

Will we be back? If the price is right, yes. What I did find in the pricing was that booking the Saturday and the Sunday night was cheaper than just booking the Sunday night!
chrism20, wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
My stay was 'ok'. I've had better and much worse!

We were upgraded to a nice JS on the 11th floor - this has no interconnecting door BTW, so that floorplan is wrong.

The lounge on the Saturday night was fine - no slimline or diet tonics, so a negative there. Was a bit busy, but no major issues. Much quieter on the Sunday, with pretty much the same selection. Maybe an extra bottle? Food options were better on the Saturday night. They did replenish the food often, so a big tick there. Was nice to see salad on the Saturday night. A big tick. But it wasn't there on the Sunday night. Afternoon tea was nothing to write home about. One irritation was there are tea pots - great - but only a jug of milk in the fridge, no smaller jugs. A bit pointless having teapots if you have to keep getting milk.

Breakfast was different both days. On the Sunday it was very busy, but a decent spread. Quieter on the Monday but much poorer quality/selection.

I hate the waste that they have introduced here in the form of plastic for the jam and marmalade etc. Also not keen on the canteen style cutlery in the middle of the table. On a small table, this takes up far too much space.

Concierge doesn't appear to be there at weekends.

I would say that Bankside was better all round, but that is further to walk from the underground.

Will we be back? If the price is right, yes. What I did find in the pricing was that booking the Saturday and the Sunday night was cheaper than just booking the Sunday night!
I agree with most of your comments although I’ve always found the concierge here to be extremely helpful and most of my stays have been weekends over the years.....however definitely agree about the plastic jam and marmalade pouches also the cutlery box which takes up most of the table ( these are in many Hilton’s now )
As for the suite I think all the xx06 suites have connecting doors yet the xx05 don’t even though the room plan claims they do , I’m often in 205 and this definitely doesn’t and 305 the same..... I’m guessing you was in 1105 ?...... glad you had an ok stay.......how did it go in the lounge after family hours and was it enforced at 6pm?
Old May 26, 2019, 11:11 am

Disappointing re the lounge on the Sunday. I've always found the offering to be a bit better on the Sunday compared to the Saturday in the past due to the substantial rate differential between the two nights and there being less leisure guests so it's a shame if that's changed.

Agree re the jam. I watched a woman a few weeks ago on the train try and open one to put on her croissant. She used nearly a full pack of baby wipes trying to clear up the mess.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by wizla
I agree with most of your comments although I’ve always found the concierge here to be extremely helpful and most of my stays have been weekends over the years.....however definitely agree about the plastic jam and marmalade pouches also the cutlery box which takes up most of the table ( these are in many Hilton’s now )
As for the suite I think all the xx06 suites have connecting doors yet the xx05 don’t even though the room plan claims they do , I’m often in 205 and this definitely doesn’t and 305 the same..... I’m guessing you was in 1105 ?...... glad you had an ok stay.......how did it go in the lounge after family hours and was it enforced at 6pm?
indeed 1105

There were no children haha
wizla likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
indeed 1105

There were no children haha
I guessed ( and hoped) that was was the case, , to be fair they were strictly enforcing that policy when I was there last.
It’s now mid evening and only one of my rooms has been upgraded, the other is still a double......not a problem just unusual for here.....will see.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:53 am

Arrived 2pm, digital key arrived at 12-30pm for the suite, the double next door was not ready but guy in lounge ( I checked in in executive lounge) changed it to one that was and this is a coup,e of doors down.
After a wander around the wharf with my mother and lady we returned to afternoon tea at 3-20m, very quiet, in fact only one other table and they left shortly after....they have made a couple of changes, the high tables and stools are now down by the drinks area and the regular tables removed and there is now some small beanbag kinda seats around the one remaining sofa....... seems a bit odd to me but never mind.

SANDWICHES- ham, cheese and rocket - smoked salmon - veggie ( cheese and tomato)

CAKES- marble cake and scones ( with clotting cream and jam)

No atmosphere at all but it was blissfully quiet and the food was good.

Now back in room, couple of issues- air con fan not working and water for bath not particularly hot ( had to add a couple of kettles full for my lady)......disappointing, I will ask for a fan to be placed in room when I go to lounge tonight.
Now off for a sauna, then to lounge tonight to relax with a glass of fizz......will report back!
Old May 27, 2019, 11:37 am

Arrived at lounge 6-30, it’s almost dead, just a handful of folk in here ......nice to see some old regulars making a return to here too.

CANAPÉS - chicken and potatoes, rice and peas ( veggie option ) , cold meats , feta salad, cheeseboard ( no crackers, boooooo! )

BEERS - Heineken, peroni and asahi

SPIRITS - same as my last report

WINE - red , white and fizzy.

Not much to report on really, will see how the evening progresses and will report back!
Old May 27, 2019, 12:57 pm

...... forgot to mention the gin bar here is impressive too ( according to my lady, not for me personally)

GINS- Hendricks, Bombay sapphire, monkey 47 and beefeater.

Lounge is still quiet, there is 7 in here excluding myself, my lady and my mother.... it’s been busy the last few days according to some of the regulars I chatted to at the booze carousel, got to say the chicken and potatoes was delicious.......will report back!

Last edited by wizla; May 28, 2019 at 10:13 am
Old May 28, 2019, 1:53 am

Left lounge last night at 9pm, we was told upon entry that happy hour was 6-10pm, however at 8-25 we was told they are clearing away the food and drinks as it’s a bank holiday, also a guy with a small child came in lounge and the staff turned a blind eye....the kid was very well behaved to be fair.
I feel the canapés whilst very tasty was poor in selection, the veggie option was rice and peas which is uninspiring.
The gin bar was impressive, nice touch .
Slept well but room hot as air conditioning not working, fan delivered and helps...also complimentary bottle of wine left in room too for the inconvenience.

Went to gym this morning, quiet in there, sauna too, just myself, bliss.....forget the steam room as not hot enough and smells of stale sweat!
Now off to breakfast........will report back
MoodyB and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:33 am

Left lounge last night at 9pm, we was told upon entry that happy hour was 6-10pm, however at 8-25 we was told they are clearing away the food and drinks as it’s a bank holiday, also a guy with a small child came in lounge and the staff turned a blind eye....the kid was very well behaved to be fair.
I feel the canapés whilst very tasty was poor in selection, the veggie option was rice and peas which is uninspiring.
The gin bar was impressive, nice touch .
Slept well but room hot as air conditioning not working, fan delivered and helps...also complimentary bottle of wine left in room too for the inconvenience.

Went to gym this morning, quiet in there, sauna too, just myself, bliss.....forget the steam room as not hot enough and smells of stale sweat!
Now off to breakfast........will report back
BREAKFAST - we got to breakfast at 9-15am, it was very quiet, definitely the quietest I’ve ever seen it, service was good , I’ve noticed they now have more cereals next to the hot section and porridge is now in disposable bowls on a heat rack....... I had a granola pot to start and an omelette from the egg chef, we then finished with coffee in the lounge where I had some of the chocolate bread too ( good job I hit the gym ! ) .

Checked out 11-15am via the lounge, down to car and I’m on my way.

CONCLUSION - apart from the issues I mentioned it was a great stay, hotel was probably the quietest I’ve seen it , even the car park was empty, digital key worked fine but I still had some plastic ones cut for convenience.
I would recommend avoiding room 205 as this is the second time the air con has failed , my lady also reported that the bath water was only warm not hot, the bedroom is now looking a little tatty too, nothing bad but marks on wall , hairline crack in sink.
The lounge is so much quieter nowadays too.
I’m back here next month!

ROOM NO - 205 and 202

NEXT PLANNED STAY - here again 17/ 6/ 19 ( weather permitting)
MoodyB likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
BREAKFAST - we got to breakfast at 9-15am, it was very quiet, definitely the quietest I’ve ever seen it, service was good , I’ve noticed they now have more cereals next to the hot section and porridge is now in disposable bowls on a heat rack....... I had a granola pot to start and an omelette from the egg chef, we then finished with coffee in the lounge where I had some of the chocolate bread too ( good job I hit the gym ! ) .

Checked out 11-15am via the lounge, down to car and I’m on my way.

CONCLUSION - apart from the issues I mentioned it was a great stay, hotel was probably the quietest I’ve seen it , even the car park was empty, digital key worked fine but I still had some plastic ones cut for convenience.
I would recommend avoiding room 205 as this is the second time the air con has failed , my lady also reported that the bath water was only warm not hot, the bedroom is now looking a little tatty too, nothing bad but marks on wall , hairline crack in sink.
The lounge is so much quieter nowadays too.
I’m back here next month!

ROOM NO - 205 and 202

NEXT PLANNED STAY - here again 17/ 6/ 19 ( weather permitting)
You accepted a DLR facing room on the 2nd floor?
Old May 28, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You accepted a DLR facing room on the 2nd floor?
Yes , I actually requested this room......it’s my favourite, however I will probably try 206 ( if no connecting door ) next time I’m offered a suite upgrade....... yes there is the rumble of the DLR and the faint “ ding “ of the lift but it really doesn’t bother me , I’ve had suites up as far as floor 11 and one can still hear the DLR .
205 and 206 are opposite the gym/sauna and it’s so easy to slip in there in my robe, also if I want some water in middle of night the gym water fountain is just inside the door
I use the gym and sauna a lot during my stays here.
NoY and MoodyB like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.