Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City {US-PA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City {US-PA}

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2003, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Arrow Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City {US-PA}

Just stayed here over the weekend and W-o-W!

This is the best Embassy Suites I have ever stayed at. friendly staff, breakfast was great and happy hour had top label booze and a nice patio outside. The rooms were HUGE. patio, etc was great.
Old May 5, 2003, 9:33 pm

That is good to know. I was never inside. (looked run down from the outside so I never try to stay at the ES Center City)

thanx
Old May 6, 2003, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Then maybe it's been re-done? Building like nice--looks like it used to be an old apt. building. Across the street from four seasons....dont think you have the right neighborhood? This one is basically in Logan Square...views of the art museum from a high floor.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 11:30 am

GS88, it is the sameone. I drove past it in a cab this morning and it does look a bit rundown from the outside.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 12:06 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
MUST have been re-done in the last few years.

I stayed there several years ago. AT THAT TIME, what a dump. My most vivid memory was waiting just under 12 mins for the elevator on a weekday morning.

Glad the property has improved. Still, I'll stick with the HGI at 12th/Arch or the Doubletree on South Broad.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 1:31 pm

Anyone have parking suggestions for city center? Thank you.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HILTON PLAT
comments? Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City

Would appreciate any comments of this hotel.

There are going to be 4 of us staying just one night in a reward room. I'm currently HHonors Gold.

How is the managers reception? breakfast?
Are all the suites pretty much the same?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jspatchwork
Would appreciate any comments of this hotel.

There are going to be 4 of us staying just one night in a reward room. I'm currently HHonors Gold.

How is the managers reception? breakfast?
Are all the suites pretty much the same?
The rooms are nice, huge, and the reception was good, breakfeast is weak. Done in TGI fridays too small for the hotel and they only have three elevators for 29 floors that can take forever. Location was good and they do not have a pool.
Troy
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, HILTON PLAT
thanks
Old Feb 22, 2005, 7:55 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I stayed there right before Thanksgiving in 2003. Between then and now, the hotel has undergone a major renovation - and it might not yet be completely done, as posts on TripAdvisor.com seem to imply. That said, this was a great place to stay - within walking distance of museums, the Reading Terminal Market, and many good restaurants. The manager's reception was OK. I remember they served Yuengling Lager beer - a premium brand. Normally at ES's you get Bud or Bud Lite.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:32 pm

I stayed there in November of 2004 for one night. The hotel was nice enough. The rooms were huge. We had a sprawling living room w/kitchenette and a big balcony. Then a separate bedroom with two double beds. Didn't get to the manager's reception, but it is in an ideal location - right off the interstate and walking distance to most everything.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:41 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
We just checked out yesterday. Overall, we were very pleased and would stay there again. The rooms are quite large, with a balcony off the "living room" and the bedroom. Each room has a kitchenette, with mini-fridge and microwave, two tvs and a pull-out couch.

We stayed on a point-stretcher for one night - 18,000 points. At check-in, the desk clerk tried to charge me $20 for the night, then apologized and said that was the amount that the hotel charges HHonors. I remarked that $20 seemed pretty low, but she just shrugged her shoulders.

The manager's reception was pretty nice, a little crowded for a Sunday night (although it was a holiday weekend). Many different types of wine, Yeungling and Coors light on tap, Bud and Bud light in cans, and a number of bottles of medium shelf liquor. Breakfast was in TGIFriday's, which is attached to the hotel. Standard hot buffet, with an omelet and made-to-order egg station. I thought the breakfast was pretty decent. There were 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 kids, and we received certs for each of us. We were at breakfast from around 7:30-8:00 and there was hardly anyone around.

The only negative of the stay was the wait for the elevator when we were leaving our room around 9:00 am - it took about 15 minutes for an elevator to show up. Apparently the TGIFriday's on the second floor gets really busy by 9:00 am, and there are only three elevators for the entire 23 floor building. We did not have any elevator issues at any other time.

I was able to get late checkout at 2:00 without any problem. In addition, I'm Gold, so we also received two extra bottles of water (there were already two bottles in the fridge) along with a two-pack of Milano cookies.

Overall, a good stay and we'll be back.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by dave1013
That said, this was a great place to stay - within walking distance of museums, the Reading Terminal Market, and many good restaurants. The manager's reception was OK. I remember they served Yuengling Lager beer - a premium brand.
Mmmmmmm, Yuengling! No one should leave Philadelphia without drinking a Yuengling lager or two. I've been known to carry a six-pack of the stuff back to Texas with me after a trip to Philly.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Embassy Suites Hotel Philadelphia-Center City Trip Reports and Reviews

Had a one night stay at the ES Center City this weekend. Since I did not rent a car this weekend, everything had to be train / walk friendly.

The ES is very easy to get to from PHL via train. The R1 line goes right through Suburban station, and is a five minute walk from there up Ben Franklin Blvd. It is on the left side of the road as you are heading towards the Museum of Art. The building itself is a tall, round tower.

Check-in was a fairly small area, but as it was not busy when I checked in, no problems. I did notice that to park would have been $24 per day, valet only. I had a room on the sixth floor since I checked in early.

The suite was very odd shaped, due to the cylindrical shape of the building. There was a small patio off of the living room with a sliding glass door. The kitch area was large and very functional. The bathroom was a little cramped, but everything worked fine. The fixtures did appear to be quite a bit older than I've seen in some ES hotels. The bed was wonderful and sleeping was and absolute joy, with the nice pillowtop mattress.

Happy hour is downstairs in the lobby. This was not a very big area, but it wasn't too busy. The beers on tap were Bud Lite (yuk) and Yuengling lager. They shut down at exactly 7:30.

Breakfast buffet is in the TGI Fridays right next door. A voucher you get with check in gets you into the breakfast buffet. It was very good.

There are several good bars and restaurants in the area, and it is within walking distance to the Art Museum, Franklin Institute, and SEPTA subway and rail stations. My advice is to try Karma, an excellent Indian restaurant at 2nd & Chestnut.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
This property was formerly a different hotel brand, so as an ES it's a bit of an oddball. The facilities weren't constructed with ES usage (mgrs reception, b-fast buffet, etc) in mind. Nice location though if you need to be on that end of town. The Four Seasons hotel nearby has some very good restaurants. $24 for valet parking is about right believe it or not...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.