Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2006, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Former Diamond

Well , No more point collecting for me , travel days are done. I'm down to blue status. Anyone know an easy way to get Gold? I've got 1.6 million points and would like to book a few nice trips and atleast get the chance of not getting a view of the dumpster. Any help is appreciated
Old Oct 15, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by seiko
Well , No more point collecting for me , travel days are done. I'm down to blue status. Anyone know an easy way to get Gold? I've got 1.6 million points and would like to book a few nice trips and atleast get the chance of not getting a view of the dumpster. Any help is appreciated
Award stays count as stays for status, so just have a few award stays each year and at least you'll be silver. With 1.6 mil you can keep that game up for a long time.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
The no-annual-fee HHonors AMEX will give you Silver, and if you spend enough $$ each year ($20,000 I think?) it will give you Gold.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:57 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs up

yes, $20,000 spend on the hilton amex (usa) will get you gold. very easy to spend this if you are religious about using it for groceries, gas, etc... many spends get you 5 pts to the dollar, too! everything else gets you 3 to the dollar, so that $20,000 spend is going to get you somewhere between 60,000 and 100,000 points, another nice side effect.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
yes, $20,000 spend on the hilton amex (usa) will get you gold....
The OP appears to be from Canada, though.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:53 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
yes, and that's the reason I bother to mention the (usa) about the card. no idea how hilton and amex do their business when it regards people from north of minnesota. in a lot of business transactions, the canada-usa border is not such a hard one. perhaps the amex hh card works the same up north as it does down south.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:56 pm

Congrats for getting off the road.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
in a lot of business transactions, the canada-usa border is not such a hard one.
When it comes to credit cards and banking, the border is VERY well-defined. @:-) One of the biggest complaints that non-US-based FlyerTalkers have, is the lack of points/miles-earning credit cards for certain programs.
perhaps the amex hh card works the same up north as it does down south.
Nope. I checked the American Express Canada website. The Hilton HHonors card is NOT even one of the offerings:

Personal cards: American Express - Canada - Cards and Benefits

Business cards:
American Express - Canada - Small Business
Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:38 pm
ghw

Programs: HH gold, Hyatt diamond, priority club plat, Delta Gold, Marriott silver
call HHponors and ask fpor a fast track to gold...usually 4 stays..then use 4 short award nights and you should automaticly be upgraded to gold!
Old Oct 16, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mikey likes it
Congrats for getting off the road.
Here, here!...I can't wait until I am blue status again!!
Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by 1KPath
Here, here!...I can't wait until I am blue status again!!
I echo 1kPath's feelings. As a Hilton Diamond and Starwoods Platinum the perks and upgrades are getting slim. Enjoy your "blue" status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.