FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Conrad Bali {IDN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/612422-conrad-bali-idn.html)

jongesander Feb 5, 2024 7:57 am

You still have Lounge Access as a Diamond member. This is per Hilton Honors policy and I know Conrad Bali also grant it to Diamond members.

Per Hilton Honors rules they don't have to give it to Gold members when it does not come with the room. As this hotel does not have Executive Rooms, their suites also don't have to offer lounge access (in hotels with Executive Rooms it would be strange if a higher category room does not have lounge access).

With breakfast already included it's hard to justify the 1 juta per night.

Also, thanks for flagging this change of policy. Indeed previously lounge access was included for all guests in the suites wing.

f0zzyNUE Feb 5, 2024 8:22 am

Originally Posted by jongesander (Post 35971922)
You still have Lounge Access as a Diamond member. This is per Hilton Honors policy and I know Conrad Bali also grant it to Diamond members.

Per Hilton Honors rules they don't have to give it to Gold members when it does not come with the room. As this hotel does not have Executive Rooms, their suites also don't have to offer lounge access (in hotels with Executive Rooms it would be strange if a higher category room does not have lounge access).

With breakfast already included it's hard to justify the 1 juta per night.

Also, thanks for flagging this change of policy. Indeed previously lounge access was included for all guests in the suites wing.

well it might be different - the lounge is not an "executive lounge", but a "club lounge" which might be something completely different. This fine distinction is made by a few Intercontinental hotels e.g. in Tokyo. I hope that they still grant access to Diamond members nevertheless.

jongesander Feb 5, 2024 8:35 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE (Post 35971992)
well it might be different - the lounge is not an "executive lounge", but a "club lounge" which might be something completely different. This fine distinction is made by a few Intercontinental hotels e.g. in Tokyo. I hope that they still grant access to Diamond members nevertheless.

My post was meant to confirm that Conrad Bali still grants access to Hilton Honors Diamond guests (experience from one of my client a few days ago).

I guess excluding lounge access for Diamond members by calling it "Club Lounge" would be a too big gamble for the hotel. Who knows they will try, but my guess is they will not.

frugalsc Feb 15, 2024 4:44 pm

2 suites or connecting family room

I booked 2 rooms for a family of 6. I reached out to the hotel to request an upgrade from the base room to connecting rooms. Both my wife and I are diamond members. It sounds like I might have an option to either get upgraded to 2 suites or to the family room. Of course all that is based on availability.

based on what I can see from the hotel site, suites are much bigger room as opposed to getting 2 regular room that are connected. If I want fancy and bigger rooms, should I request the upgrade to suites over the family room?

travelfreakuk Feb 20, 2024 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by ceakiko (Post 35971462)
thanks for the message, we always stayed at the suite and got lounge access (yes, club lounge)in the past. This is actually from the GM, he said it’s changed and now we have to pay extra for the lounge access. Extra IDR 1,000,000 per night including tax. No one mentioned this before in the forum so I was quite surprised. Gave us a special pricing though. Now I can see the lounge access pricing at the end of each suite pricing on the website, so it must been changed recently. Very surprising to see this type of extra for suite booking.

I checked out around two weeks ago (I am Diamond) and noted there were Golds in the lounge who certainly didn't appear to have paid (they were very loud in their conversations!). I also got an upgrade to a huge suite very near RIN. Lovely hotel, would happily go back. I rented a car with driver, for 10 hours all inc for about £30 per day. No brainer if you need to travel around.

Jen1000 Feb 22, 2024 11:55 pm

I have 4 nights booked at the Conrad Bali in March. I cannot find a way to contact the concierge. How can that be done? Will they reach out to me?

Cynicor Feb 23, 2024 1:25 am

They will usually reach out to you multiple times. try this otherwise- [email protected]