Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Paris Hilton Scaring Away Business? Paris Makes Me Loathe Staying at Hiltons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris Hilton Scaring Away Business? Paris Makes Me Loathe Staying at Hiltons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2007, 1:33 pm
Suspended

This Just In

Paris was sentenced by the Judge to go back to Jail, and serve out her Sentence. It gets better instead of the 23 days reduced sentence, He ruled she has to serve the entire 45 days she was originally sentenced to
Old Jun 8, 2007, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I don't make my hotel stay decisions based on pseudo-celebs & their lives. YVMV.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I encourage you to stop shopping at Wal-Mart, too. Now THAT family is disgusting! Makes Paris Hilton look like Betty Homemaker.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 9:20 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

As I sit here on the 2nd of four weekends in Hilton hotels this month, I wondered if there was a thread of how bad Paris was making this brand look. I love the Hilton brand of hotels but have a hard time lately staying here knowing she benefits from every night I spend here... but unfortunately they're the only respectable hotel in all of the towns I frequent.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I don't make my hotel stay decisions based on pseudo-celebs & their lives. YVMV.

Cheers.
Agreed
Old Jun 8, 2007, 9:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Paris Hilton is no better or worse than many other celebrity, give the girl a break.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Jun 8, 2007 at 9:49 pm
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I really don't think its fair - the treatment she's being given. She should have been sentenced just like the rest of us. I demand she spend 5 days in the Hampton Dulles airport
Old Jun 9, 2007, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton (Gold), Starwood
omegadeal - I've never stayed there, but I'm thinking since you posted that it could quite possibly make her scream and cry the same.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Paris (as before I just didn't care). It sure seems her "celebrity" has gotten her more time for the crime, but who knows for sure with all the media distortion.

And as far as not staying at Hiltons because of Paris benefiting... this is business 101 people.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crhptic
Hampton Inns, which is Hilton's lowest-end brand, is roughly on par with Wingate Inns, which is Cendant's highest-end brand. The lower-end Cendant brands, including Days Inn, Ramada, Knights Inn, Travelodge, Super 8, and Howard Johnson, have absolutely no analogue in the Hilton system.

Not to stray too far off-topic, but it seems amazing and somewhat redundant that the same franchisor has 6 different hotel brands, all of which provide the same low-grade lodging and have no distinct brand identity other than being cheap.
Ooohhh...I'll go off-topic with you there... I mean, it's a Paris Hilton thread. Anything I can do to help this thread become more interesting.

Do people really differentiate between these brands? I mean, do people really think "I'm a Days Inn guy...I try not to associate with those lowbrow Travelodge people."

Over on the Slickdeals board, there is a thread that has developed into its own little subforum - how to play the Triprewards Guarantee to score free rooms at the above brands. OK, so these people get free hotels rooms. But then they actually have to stay at a Knights Inn or whatever. Uhhhh....no thanks...I'll go Mr. Moneybags here and pay my $70 for the Hampton Inn (assuming I'm roadtripping to a place where these brands exist).

I don't get it. It seems like they would be better off blowing up 75% of those brands and focus on about 2 - a Baymont-type brand that roughly competes in the Hampton category and a Travelodge-type brand that covers the barebones roadside motel category.

I know there's some history with the Ramada and HoJo brands - I guess at one point in history they featured nice hotels. Side trivia: I seem to recall using Marriott Marquis(?) points to stay at a Ramada Inn outside of San Francisco in the early years of hotel rewards programs. For its era, it was an okay hotel - probably 2.5 stars by today's standards.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 7:44 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
I know there's some history with the Ramada and HoJo brands - I guess at one point in history they featured nice hotels.
After an ugly stay at one in MIA some years back, I've made a personal vow never again to patronize a motel with "Ho" in its name.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 8:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If they still had the Doubletree Club Miami they could have sentenced her to that - but IMO the CEO would be better. Fortunately, that dungheap has been demolished.

As to Paris, you'd think there was no other news in the world - but then, that's the media. But, I do some work with law enforcement, so here's the deal: most in Paris Hilton's situation get 10% of the sentence in time served - for 15 days, the average is about 2.7 days, so she was actually treated like anyone else (for once in her life.) L A Sheriff Lee Bacca has stated that as well, and made a statement she had some medically related problems. It would appear the judge has undermined the Sheriff's authority in this instance, and Paris Hilton is now in a secure medical facility undergoing evaluation (whilst her attorneys are trying to figure how to get her back home, and on a weekend at that.)

How does any of this affect my choice of Hilton family properties, (or my personal life for that mater?) Not one whit, because she is as important to me as a flyspeck on the glass of the Hilton San Francisco Executive Lounge - when I am in Tokyo at the Conrad, even as it appears the media could not exist without her.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by b1513
Don't scare me. I'm staying at the Paris Hilton next month. Glad you're only talking about the *other* Paris Hilton.

Bobi
Fingers crossed that you'll receive an upgrade at Hilton Paris as Paris Hilton hasn't scored one now.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ocApple
Does anyone else find the Hilton family so vile that they are tempted to stop staying at Hiltons?
No, but I find several in the Marriott family vile enough to stop staying at Marriotts. But I wouldn't do that because that would be silly, not to mention beyond idiotic: making a business decision based on the personal behavior or beliefs of a minor stockholder. On a side note, I find it interesting that Paris Hilton stayed at the Sheraton on the Park instead of the Hilton Sydney on her last trip to Australia in 2006. I guess she does have taste after all.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Who is Paris Hilton ?
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Someone presently confined to the Awful Tower, I believe...

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Who is Paris Hilton ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.