Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Atlanta Airport {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2005, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hilton Atlanta Airport report 1/20/2005

Preface: Corporate lunch in DFW and client dinner in ATL. Triple HHonors points.

Rate: Decent rate for airport hotel.

Transportation: From the ATL ground transportation center aisle C. Runs about every 10 to 15 minutes. Leaves from Hotel on lower lobby level. Starts at 4:00 AM.

Check-in: Quick and professional. Asked what type of bed room I would like along with number of keys. As D upgraded to Executive Club floor on 17. Lounge is ok with light snacks at this time and a frig you can takes water and soft drinks from. Received note from manager with card for two bottles of water from downstairs coffee cafe.

Perks: As noted above.

Room: You would not know this is a airport hotel. Very clean, hotels looks liked recently refurb.. Kinda new furniture, new carpet, nice bed, clean bathroom, good size closet. Tv has a good number of channels. One flaw. Peeling wallpaper. Decent size room. Nice workdesk.

Communications: HSIA wired $9.95 per 24 hour period.

Closing: A excellent Hotel. According to the Hilton.com website the only 4 diamond AAA rated hotel in the area. Would stay here again without doubt.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Unhappy

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Preface: Corporate lunch in DFW and client dinner in ATL. Triple HHonors points.

Rate: Decent rate for airport hotel.

Transportation: From the ATL ground transportation center aisle C. Runs about every 10 to 15 minutes. Leaves from Hotel on lower lobby level. Starts at 4:00 AM.

Check-in: Quick and professional. Asked what type of bed room I would like along with number of keys. As D upgraded to Executive Club floor on 17. Lounge is ok with light snacks at this time and a frig you can takes water and soft drinks from. Received note from manager with card for two bottles of water from downstairs coffee cafe.

Perks: As noted above.

Room: You would not know this is a airport hotel. Very clean, hotels looks liked recently refurb.. Kinda new furniture, new carpet, nice bed, clean bathroom, good size closet. Tv has a good number of channels. One flaw. Peeling wallpaper. Decent size room. Nice workdesk.

Communications: HSIA wired $9.95 per 24 hour period.

Closing: A excellent Hotel. According to the Hilton.com website the only 4 diamond AAA rated hotel in the area. Would stay here again without doubt.
We stayed there Jan 3, 2005. Arrived @ 2am from international 18 hr flight. No food or refreshments available other than the minibar. After checking out realized we had been charged for 2 nights. One for "no show" as we were not there before midnight, the other a rack rate of $199 for the room. Took a return trip to the hotel to resolve issue with desk clerk. I honestly think this girl was mentally challenged, she kept insisting that because I arrived after midnight the duplicate charge was justified. I did receive credit back to my MC after another clerk intervened.
The room was well furnished with down comforter and pillows. Breakfast in lounge with fresh cut fruit, cereal, juice, pastries and yogurt.
I would stay ther again, but advise checking bill carefully.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question Email for ATL airport Hilton

Does anyone have an email address for the Atlanta Airport Hilton?

Thanks,
Jwhuffman
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA: 1MM - LT Gold / HHonors: Diamond / Marriott: Silver
Hilton Atlanta Airport

Anyone stay here before? I will be there for a week soon and was just wondering what it's like.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 3:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Here's what I posted after two visits in May

Hilton Atlanta Airport
We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip. It's very close to ATL and there is a regular shuttle between the airport and hotel. Also great view of the airport from the lounge. The property has three restaurants - a sports bar, an Italian and a regular international restaurant. There's also a small outdoor and indoor pool and a reasonable gym.

The thing that stood out on both trips was that the staff just weren't bothered and even booking in seemed to be a chore to the front desk staff. Got the same attitude when we ate in the sports bar - very disappointing. On our first stay we had a room on the 7th floor which looked like it had recently been decorated apart from the bathroom which was dirty and had a cracked sink. Second time we had a room on the 13th floor which looked old and tired but at least it was clean. There's a reasonable lounge with a single PC to check up on the FT action but it does have a great view of the airport.

Just along Virginia Avenue there's a casual seafood restaurant, Spondivits, which was very busy - most of the local hotels seem to lay on buses to this place. Food and service was great and was worth the 45 minute wait.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 4:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Well, I enjoyed my stay there. Agree, front desk was very slow when I was there, but they appologized sincerely, so no big deal for me.

The free Internet PC in the lounge is nice. Other than that, the lounge just had basic snacks when I was there (e.g. just crisps), but I guess better than nothing. Overall, close to the airport and fast and friendly transfers.

(Esp. with the transfers, I had long waits at ATL when staying at other chains. I guess waiting at the front desk is nicer overall than waiting for the shuttle at the airport in the heat )
Old Sep 3, 2006, 2:35 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Hilton Atlanta Airport

Staying here for a night en route to my honeymoon. I've heard it's a pretty much basic airport Hilton but was wondering if any chance of an upgrade to a suite with points or from my Gold status (whihc I know doesnt mean too much...)

chris
Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:06 am

I just stayed at the Hilton NE and that is a very secluded hotel out of the way. I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for but I was treated extremely well with exec floor upgrades, water, free breakfast, etc and I was only a silver. You'll get a jr. suite for sure with gold.

I found the Airport Hilton's location better but it was quite a bit more than the Hilton NE. I think I paid $75 for the Hilton NE....such a deal!
Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Staying here for a night en route to my honeymoon. I've heard it's a pretty much basic airport Hilton but was wondering if any chance of an upgrade to a suite with points or from my Gold status (whihc I know doesnt mean too much...)

chris
Recently stayed here as a Diamond twice and was upgraded to Executive Floor but no suite upgrade either time. Not a great hotel but at least it has a pool and a decent restaurant and a sports bar. There is one PC in the lounge but it's usually quite busy and the lounge fare isn't up to much
Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I would call hotel and ask for chance of Gold upgrade, AND tell them that it is your Honeymoon. Worse thay could say is no.
Old May 13, 2007, 1:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Hilton Atlanta Airport Internet Troubles

Just a heads up, if you internet availability matters to you, you seriously want to skip the Atlanta Airport Hilton. Checked in on Friday evening, left today (was booked to stay through monday night) and the internet was working less than 2 hours of the time I was there.

What bothered me and why I left (and moved to a Marriott property) is that the management at that property (and the people I reached at guest services) is that they don't get it that this is a problem.

I am now in town on work (after playing yesterday) and I had planned a major meeting on line this morning with a client. I lost potentially $50k in business over this. And the hotel could care less. For 3 days I was fed the answer "we had bad thunderstorms so it is down". Well newsflash 1, ATL has bad storms all the time, if that is all it takes to take your internet down you are in trouble! Newsflash 2, it worked for 2 hours Sat night, there were no storms after that point and was back down for an unforseeable time.

Hotels need to realize that internet is now a critical service not a recreation service. The hotel manager when I spoke to her basically told me "so what its down, it will be back up when it is". She had NO sense of urgency on the matter at all. And when I called hilton VIP services I was basically told they could do nothing and would just let the hotel know I had complained.

I realize any hotel can have internet or any other problems, but what matters to me is how they respond to a problem. They could have offered to move me to another property, they could have offered points or whatever (although this would not have been a solution for me) but instead they acted like it was no biggie and blew off my needs.

I am now at a Marriott property and have moved future Hilton visits. I used to be a hilton kool aid drinker, but in the last year they seem to have less and less caring staff. I'm over them......
Old Mar 17, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Atlanta Airport Hilton - Executive Floors?

I searched the old threads but most are just about which Hilton to choose in Atlanta. No specific info in those threads about my request, so here goes....

Arriving at the ATL Airport Hilton tomorrow for two nights. Online checkin is now available and shows rooms 1007, 1009, and 1109, along with something on the 7th floor. Any ideas on where rooms xx07 and xx09 might be - corner, regular, whatever? Are the 10th and 11th floors Executive floors? Not really worried about dinner options, but was hoping to be close to the lounge to grab breakfast.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I'm surprised no one responded to you in time. I've been away from internet connections for the last few days, or I would have given you a partial answer. By now you know that the exec lounge is several floors above the rooms you were offered. Let us know where you ended up and how things turned out. Also, if you haven't had dinner yet (or want a late snack), walk over to Michon's for some tasty ribs!

To my knowledge, no one here has collected the answers to your questions for this hotel. Maybe we should start noticing these details (corner rooms, executive floors, suites, etc. and posting them for future reference...
Old Mar 20, 2008, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a roomguru.com? Sorry to respond late, but it's been too many years since my last stay there. Hope you avoided the "sportsbar" in the basement. Horrible food, bad service - wouldn't eat there even if I didn't have a car (necessary) to drive to another restaurant.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
HPN and BamaVol, thanks for the responses. I did indeed find out in time that I needed to change my preferences so that I got the executive floor upgrade instead of the 1000 extra points, so I did that and ended up on the 16th floor with a view of a parking lot. Would have preferred to be on the other side overlooking the runways at ATL, but I'll have to request that next time.

Agree that the sports bar in the basement was horrible - the bartender was less than thrilled to see me as she must have had a whopping other 4 customers who were taking up so much of her newspaper-reading time. I did, though, find out that the Terrapin Rye Pale Ale is a wonderful way to pass the time. Too bad I wasn't able to head over to Athens to actually see the brewery, but it was good enough as it was.

For those who might want to know about the executive levels, they are on floors 16 and 17, with the Executive Lounge on the 17th. The room numbering convention is somewhat odd, as the rooms go in sequential order down one side of the hallway and then back, so my room in 1612 was across the hall from 1627. The Presidential Suite was to the right coming off the elevators, and situated right under the Executive Lounge - hope the soundproofing is good as there was a decent amount of noise each time I hit the lounge.

The lounge had a good selection for breakfast, then lots of nutritious and not-so-nutritious snacks throughout the day. The dinner selections were lots of cheeses and fruits and vegetables, a bowl of nachos with a few different salsa offerings, and either half sandwiches or wraps that were actually decent, with a big bowl of bowtie pasta one night. Honor bar with numerous mid- to top shelf bottles, plus Heineken, Corona, and a couple Bud beers. The "honor bar" card that one was supposed to be given to the receptionist (who was nowhere to be found either afternoon) almost seemed like an afterthought as it was hidden behind the coffee machine. Starbucks brew in carafes, plus an espresso/latte/etc. machine that put out a decent espresso.

Dinner one night was at Oscar's on Main St. in College Park, recommended by the concierge with a 15% off coupon. Lots of seafood on the menu, and I enjoyed the mahi mahi and scallops, but the gumbo I had as an appetizer was pretty thick, as if it had been baking for awhile. Dinner the next night was a trip down Camp Creek Parkway to Jason's Deli, one of my favorites from my days in Charlotte and much easier to eat sensibly.

Great fitness center with lots of new-looking Precor ellipticals and treadmills, plus a few weight machines on the other end. If you don't have an iPod, stop at the front desk for headphones as the ellipticals all have televisions with a jack for headphones....my iPod headphones worked fine.

All in all, a good stay at a place with a very attentive concierge, but to put it nicely, the front desk was lacking. Checking in at 4:30 on a Tuesday one might think that there would be someone at the HHonors check-in plus someone at the "regular" desk, but there was only one person manning the desk for the 10 minutes it took to check in the three people in front of me. I'd been beckoned over to the "regular" check-in desk by FD attendant #1, and FD attendant #2 who came in as backup to check me in repeatedly left me to go wait on the people in the HHonors line - felt like telling her "see that black key card you're about to hand me that says Diamond - you can treat me nicely too." I'd probably stay there again the next time I'm in ATL.

(BamaVol, if you think of any other local brews that I should try while I'm there, let me know - I didn't go for the 420?? pale ale but heard others saying it was quite good as well.)

Last edited by bankingconsultant; Mar 21, 2008 at 8:19 am Reason: forgot about the TVs on the ellipticals.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.