Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I have been a Hilton loyalist for years but IHG have managed to suck me in during the past few years due to:

1) Their allowing of 9 rooms per booking. I do a big trip every year that requires 9 rooms for 4-5 nights in NYC. Being able to get 20 points per $ plus any bonuses blows everyone out of the water.

2) IC as a brand I find to be much better than Hilton and less expensive than WA or Conrad. WA (my preferred brand) also suffers from not having a lounge offering, whilst I find Conrad's too sporadic and their lounges not as good as IC.

3) The AMB programme is pretty handy as it allows me to always get a suite upgrade from my club room booking and the 241 voucher they give you plus the 10% rebate pays for itself.

4) IHG still have some very good redmeptions. For instance, I have been able to book £1800.00 of hotel rooms in Israel for around 150k points and I get a 10% rebate.

5) The IHG black card allows me to pick up 2 points per £ and a free night pretty easily. Hilton doesn't offer this in the UK.

To be honest, I would love to go back to Hilton and when I do one night stays they are still my go to. However, because of the above I have been drawn into IHG because of the bang to buck I get. That said, I do want to move back to Hilton as prefer their customer service and really appreciate what they have done with the Covid situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.