Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tel Aviv {ISR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:00 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Is this location better to see the sights (i.e. - Jerusalem, etc) than the "Queen of Sheba" Hilton peoperty, or should I look for a hotel in the Jerusalem itself?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:59 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theblakefish
Is this location better to see the sights (i.e. - Jerusalem, etc) than the "Queen of Sheba" Hilton peoperty, or should I look for a hotel in the Jerusalem itself?
It's an hour plus to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. Queen of Sheba is a far-away resort. You want to be in Jerusalem to see it with greatest ease and not wasting time and money traveling back and forth.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by theblakefish
Dumb Question: Is English widely spoken in Israel, or do I need to brush up on some Hebrew and/or Arabic?
It's not a dumb question if you don't know the answer. Wished I'd thought of it ^
Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:57 pm

Hilton Tel Aviv

Hi

Does anyone know if the Hilton Tel Aviv provides Diamonds with free breakfast in the main restaurant?

Thanks

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 5, 2006 at 8:28 pm Reason: This milepost (and the following three mileposts) were merged into this thread unedited.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 2:35 pm

As a diamond, I've always gotten access to the executive lounge, but I've never gotten breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I was just there last week. Access to the business lounge on the 12th floor, not the executive lounge.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I was just there last week. Access to the business lounge on the 12th floor, not the executive lounge.
Executive lounge access seems to be very restricted. The exec lounge is very nice. The lounge on the 12th floor for Golds and Diamonds however is not so nice. It is basically just two rooms (max 3 ?) with the dividing wall removed. They serve breakfast and snacks and drinks in the evening.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Executive lounge access seems to be very restricted. The exec lounge is very nice. The lounge on the 12th floor for Golds and Diamonds however is not so nice. It is basically just two rooms (max 3 ?) with the dividing wall removed. They serve breakfast and snacks and drinks in the evening.
THis was exactly my experience three weeks ago.

But as a Diamond, I was given a gorgeous suite with magnificent bathroom.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Blue Roman - when are you visiting Israel? Did you know there is a Do in Nov 05?
Thanks for concern, am visiting on the 12th September, pleased as well looking at those November comments.

Can anyone tell me how far from the Hilton to the cafe's etc in Tel Aviv?
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:09 pm

Blue Roman - if you're visiting earlier than November, perhaps you could post a report on your stay? Thanks.
Going in September for four nights - will do ^
Old Aug 9, 2006, 3:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Blue Roman
Can anyone tell me how far from the Hilton to the cafe's etc in Tel Aviv?
A few blocks in most directions (up to the port area, down along the waterfront or in and down a bit). Easy walking distance.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:49 am

Blue Roman - if you're visiting earlier than November, perhaps you could post a report on your stay? Thanks.
Am there next week, will do
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:36 pm

Question Hilton Tel Aviv - report

Just completed 5 nights at this hotel, mostly on business.
You can pick up most of the facilities on the Hilton web site so will concentrate on aspects of my experiences.

On first approaching by taxi I viewed, (disapointingly), a 60's style hotel exterior. Inside is different, it looks and feels a 5* deluxe hotel. Check in was good at the Hhonors desk, an adequate description of facilities explained with Kosher food restaurant downstairs, lobby bar food on reception level with Sushi bar and restaurant also. Some really high quality shops at ground level also, with opportunities to buy prestige jewelry as well as a range of antiquities! Concierge was very efficient being able to book me on a fantastic semi-private trip to Jerusalem.

As a diamond member here's where it gets complicated*, I would have been upgraded from a standard room to a "business room," on the business floor, (12th floor), however due to some Hilton contacts I was offered a King Junior Suite - there is one on every floor, mine was only on the 6th floor unfortunately! Huge bowl of fruit with wine and chocolates, slippers and bathrobes etc. Great room with sofa and chairs + work desk etc. View overlooked salt water swimming bool and beach, which was occupied on both counts from 5.30am onwards - honest!!!
* My entitlement as a diamond member was access to the business lounge, but not the executive lounge, which was reserved for the executive rooms on the 16th and 17th floors. I have read about several people on this forum being refused an executive room upgrade, but in 7 years as a diamond member it was my first experience. I couldn't really complain as I was given a half way house, (junior suite), this between a business room and an executive room, due to my Hilton friends/contacts.

For those of you who fly British Airways, the comparison between the business lounge and the executive lounge was club class/first class respectively. The business lounge was pretty small with a cafe style seating and decor that made you feel you wanted to come and get something to eat and drink and get out - hey! on business maybe that what it is designed for.

I managed to get in on the executive lounge for one evening, (long story) and would say it's the best I have experienced, though I have only experience in Hilton Europe. I thought the lounge at the Hilton Sorrento was good but apart from the exclusion of a plunge pool this was the fantastic. Huge floor, (at least 6/8 times business lounge), lovely food about as same as business lounge but more of it, better laid out and with slightly more variety. Drinks - same wine/beer but more variety on spirits. Lounge View - being on the 17th floor this was tremendous with night time view of Tel Aviv awesome as well as view of sunset over the sea! Seats and tables were there to make you remain comfortable for as long as you wished. It had a great feel to it and no-one seemed to be wearing jeans/shorts and trainers as often in the business lounges.

There is a good private Gym/Sauna/Steam room on the basement, as a diamond, you get access for half price.
If you want a full breakfast in the King Soloman restaurant, with having access to the business lounge it will cost you $5.
In respect to the location of the hotel, it is North on the promenade. It will take you 3 mins to get to the beach and from there you can stroll along the promenade passing the beach bars/restaurants and other hotels. If you keep going for 35 mins at a steady pace you will reach the port of Jaffa - great experience. No security issues experienced, even in the remotest circumstances your more likely to be clobbered by a clumsy kid carrying a surf board than a mugger.
Can't finish this article off without a word about the staff - truly 5* service. No moans or anyone scraping their raised eyebrows off the ceiling to an awkward request, they couldn't do enough! This Hotel is great, better if I had full access to the Exec lounge but you can't have everything I guess.
Wonder if this business lounge for Hhonors is the sign to come amongst the Hilton "Giant Hotels"?
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I had an identical experience at the Tel Aviv Hilton in July. Loved my junior suite--I think I was on the 7th floor. Great bathtub with Ahava shampoos, lotions etc.

At least the hotel has an alternative for Diamond's not being provided access to the Executive lounge. Just prior I was at the Hilton's in Sorrento and Heathrow. In both cases was denied ANY executive lounge access. This seems to be a major weakness for Diamonds--and quite a contrast to my experiences as Marriot Platinum and Hyatt Diamond.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
I had an identical experience at the Tel Aviv Hilton in July. Loved my junior suite--I think I was on the 7th floor. Great bathtub with Ahava shampoos, lotions etc.

At least the hotel has an alternative for Diamond's not being provided access to the Executive lounge. Just prior I was at the Hilton's in Sorrento and Heathrow. In both cases was denied ANY executive lounge access. This seems to be a major weakness for Diamonds--and quite a contrast to my experiences as Marriot Platinum and Hyatt Diamond.
Hmm! A GM of a European Hilton, a few weeks ago, informed me discreetly over a drink that with the roll over of stays system, there are a lot more Diamond and Gold members than there used to be. He mentioned that that particular night in his hotel he had 35 Diamonds and 50 Golds staying which he said was "killing," his budget in the Executive lounge. Not our problem and if Hilton start getting funny with the Diamond tier, I'll be off to another hotel chain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.