Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2003, 9:24 am
Suspended

From Oosaka, you can take the JR-HARUKA line to Kansai. It is more expensive, but not too much than the bus. Otherwise take the subway from Oosaka to Namba and transfer to the indendent Nankai line to Kansai (that is 1230en).

For Oosaka, I recommend the hotel bus if it is really just 1300en. Namba-Kansai is 1000en on the Nankai Line.

Obviously, if you don't know Japanese or follow the many signs (even I got mixed up at Namba once), you can get lost. By the way, those bird chirps at the stations are a loud speaker, not birds. Freaked me out!

Have fun!

SHADO

Old Aug 7, 2003, 9:34 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Check with the concierge as to the bus schedule... they do have a limited express train from Osaka eki as well... it is a JR express called Kanku Kaisoku, runs from the same platform as the Yamanote (orange/green) trains and goes directly to KIX. The cost is approx. JPY 1160, and takes 61 minutes.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Thanks, thezipper and SHADO!

Lots of options for getting to KIX from Osaka.

Kathy
Old Aug 7, 2003, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Yamanote is Tokyo. Yamatoji is Osaka.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Does the Osaka Hilton have high-speed internet access in the rooms?

I checked the website and can't find any mention of this. However, I do see mention of "electronic cattle and computer plug capability" in the rooms. I wonder what that is!

www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/accommodations_detail_std.jhtml?ctyhocn=OSAHITW

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KathyWdrf (edited 09-06-2003).]
Old Sep 8, 2003, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
Does the Osaka Hilton have high-speed internet access in the rooms?</font>
I e-mailed the Osaka Hilton about my upcoming stay there and also asked about internet access.

The answer is that there is NO high-speed internet in the rooms, but there IS in the business center. (Don't know how much it costs though.)

Didn't ask about the electronic cattle and computer plug!

Kathy
Old Sep 9, 2003, 9:15 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
Does the Osaka Hilton have high-speed internet access in the rooms?</font>
I e-mailed the Osaka Hilton about my upcoming stay there and also asked about internet access.

The answer is that there is NO high-speed internet in the rooms, but there IS in the business center. (Don't know how much it costs though.)

Didn't ask about the electronic cattle and computer plug!

Kathy
As I remember, in the biz center on the first floor it was Y500 for 30 min.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a followup, I enjoyed my GLON award stay at the Osaka Hilton immensely!

My e-mailed request for an upgrade to executive floor (Diamond status) was honored. The service here was outstanding in every way -- just topnotch. It really exceeded my expectations. Of course, the Japanese are extremely courteous, and it is no surprise that the service would be good, but still, I was amazed.

The buffet (breakfast and evening snacks) in the executive lounge was excellent as well. Also, as a special service to those on the executive floor, you can borrow a wireless laptop and use it in the lounge to surf the web and/or read e-mail, at no charge. I believe they have only one of these laptops, but it was available when I wanted to use it.

A few random notes: It is dead easy to get from Shin-Osaka station to Osaka station on JR. Probably even easier than taking a cab! And certainly cheaper. (In my case, I had a JR pass, so it cost nothing extra.) Also, there is a JR loop (kanjo) line that passes through Osaka station and can be handy for visiting some of the sights in Osaka, such as Osaka Castle. I never even used the subway or taxis in Osaka.

As for transportation to the airport (KIX), the airport bus proved handy and inexpensive (1,300 yen charged to my hotel bill). With the exception of a few times of day when the bus stops at the Hilton, most of the stops are at the Hotel Herbis, a couple blocks from the Hilton. But I had no trouble finding it as a porter from the Hilton kindly led me to it!

Kathy
Old Jan 5, 2004, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, CX Silver, SPG Gold
Which email address do I email to confirm upgrades in advance? Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 10:25 am

hilton osaka

hi guys,

i've stayed in the hilton osaka a long while back ... and might hv the chance to be in osaka for a few weeks in feb, so i was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently? in particular i was wondering if they have high speed internet now? i know the shinjuku hilton was beta testing it when i was there ...
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a wonderful stay there in late September 2003.

No high-speed internet in the room at that point, but the executive lounge lets you borrow a laptop with wireless internet access to check your e-mail and surf the web. (I only used the laptop while in the lounge.) I believe there was only one laptop available, so you have to be nice and not hog it for hours and hours.

Kathy
Old Jan 31, 2004, 7:47 pm

i'm posting from the osaka hilton now, the exec lounge has free 802.11b access for anyone to use. i suspect that if ur room is near the lounge, u might be able to access it from ur room (getting 35dB in the lounge now). like i thought, the breakfast in the lounge is a subset of what they offer on the 2nd flr restaurant -- which is not bad by any standard, just boring if u're staying as i will be.

also, they seem to be updating the furnishings in the room. seen it myself, and it actually looks a lil' odd to me -- a little eclectic perhaps -- but the lcd tv is a nice touch hehe. i dont think the exec flrs hv been updated tho' ...

if anyone's dropping by, my email's in my profile.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 8:34 pm

Once again, flyertalk surprises & delights! I'll be at this very hotel in August! The directions you've mentioned will be very helpful.

Any suggestions on good & reasonably prices meals in the area (is this combination possible there?)

JP
Old Jan 31, 2004, 10:36 pm

I like this Hilton. Flat screen TVs in the room. No internet, however, as was noted above.

As far as restaurants are concerned, there are plenty of them in kita.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 6:02 am

the concierage has a neat list of recommended restaurants around here. there're also lotsa cheap (as far as japan goes) japanese restaurants in the general area too -- these r prob not on the concierage's list as theirs is mainly in the 2000Y and above range.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by j379pa:
Once again, flyertalk surprises & delights! I'll be at this very hotel in August! The directions you've mentioned will be very helpful.

Any suggestions on good & reasonably prices meals in the area (is this combination possible there?)

JP
</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.