Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Book at Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.: Still Receive Hilton Honors Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book at Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.: Still Receive Hilton Honors Points?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Orbitz booking Hampton/Birmingham/Vestavia Hills though a Baymont since 1/05!

Idiots work for Orbitz! So far, two on the phone and 4 on line. None with IQ's exceeding 50. None on line literate and none able to pull up either hotel! God knows where these agents are located. I thought I would be nice and point out the error of booking a hotel that is no longer affiliated with Hilton. I nearly booked it myself but then decided to use the Hilton website. Lo! It was not there. Does anyone at Hilton care? No. Does Baymont, the new management, care (even though its hotel is shown as fully booked regardless of the night)? No. I pictured myself standing inside this "Hampton" at midnight with my Orbitz voucher in hand trying to talk Baymont into taking it. Ha! Seems to me I would be mad at everyone. Why not? It's midnight! It has been a time consuming and aggravating process, begun yesterday, and still I have not found anyone who will put me in touch with a supervisor (not here now!) nor take any initiative to correct the problem. Hampton Inn/Birmingham/Vestavia Hills is Baymont/Birmingham/Vestavia Hills. Since JANUARY!! Same address, same hotel. Agent at Baymont says that the phone book has it wrong also BUT the phone book is not an on line real life booking machine. Duh? My husband and I find this sort of thing happening all too often.

In Mexico, we stayed at a Best Western that the Best Western website showed as fully booked all nights of the year. Big mistake. You can't book on line from the US as a result. The Mexicans could not figure out why no Americans were coming to their hotel but were not interested in fixing the problem. I get treated as if I had a complaint they all would like to avoid dealing with. Not a favor for them. Very strange world we live in these days.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
will I get my HH points on an 'Expedia special rate'?

I'm about to book a night at the Hilton Brussels (the regular one, not the city etc...) I want to just book the cheapest room and hopefully get an upgrade, Expedia have the same advance booking rate (non refundable) but £10 cheaper then booking direct on Hilton website.

Only thing is it is an 'Expedia Special rate'.
Will I still get my points/miles?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by clubman
I'm about to book a night at the Hilton Brussels (the regular one, not the city etc...) I want to just book the cheapest room and hopefully get an upgrade, Expedia have the same advance booking rate (non refundable) but £10 cheaper then booking direct on Hilton website.

Only thing is it is an 'Expedia Special rate'.
Will I still get my points/miles?
No points ,no miles unless a mistake happens. Only bookings at the Hilton website or Hilton reservation line will get you those.
Upgrading is possible if you are a HH member
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by martinplas
No points ,no miles unless a mistake happens. Only bookings at the Hilton website or Hilton reservation line will get you those.
Thanks martinplas, I was told otherwise but wasn't sure.
I'll just book it through Hilton website.
Yes I am Gold HH.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:20 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
What about "The Best Rates Guaranteed"? You might want to fill in a claim form.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paul_nl
Thanks for pointing that out Paul
I will certainly do that.

Has anyone got any experience with this? Does it work?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 4:12 pm

Has anyone got any experience with this? Does it work?
I've had several claims under the guarantee approved by Hilton, as have other people here. Whether they would approve the claim in this particular situation, though, I'm not sure, as they may view the prepaid rate as a special rate that would not qualify under the terms of the guarantee.

Mike
Old Nov 29, 2005, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nako
I've had several claims under the guarantee approved by Hilton, as have other people here. Whether they would approve the claim in this particular situation, though, I'm not sure, as they may view the prepaid rate as a special rate that would not qualify under the terms of the guarantee.
Mike
That was super fast Mike!
Anyway I will try it and see what happens...
Old Nov 29, 2005, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paul_nl

Thanks Paul,
Very kind of you to email me about this.
No worries I haven’t booked yet!
I will book it on Hilton’s website and then fill out the claim form.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
other benefit.. just not giving expedia any business should be worth the good feeling in itself

Expedia
Thanks martinplas, I was told otherwise but wasn't sure.
I'll just book it through Hilton website.
Yes I am Gold HH.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
will I get my HH points on an 'Expedia special rate'?
Some here would ask, would you even get your room?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:47 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by martinplas

The 50 corporate travel agency bookings I make each year, always get points and miles.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:59 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by Craig6z
The 50 corporate travel agency bookings I make each year, always get points and miles.

You are right, but the pre-paid rates are only valid for points via the Hilton site.... if you buy a special "pre-paid" rate... you need to buy the Hilton version or you will not get the HHonors benefits of points/credits.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:16 pm

Expedia rates as HHonors credit

What is the current status of Hhonors credit on Expedia rates?

Do you get any credit for stays, nights?

I know this has been asked before. I certainly appreciate your expertise....
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:41 pm

From HHonors T&Cs, the answer is still no:

Stays that are booked via third party websites other than the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status.
Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.