Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Is it normal for them to open up the calendar less than monthly? I'm looking to book a night late next Feb but it's been stuck at Feb 24 for over five weeks now, not even paid nights.

UPDATE: they have Feb 25-Mar 16 completely blocked for all reservations, Mar 17-27 are open, but no 110K rooms left. Plenty of 110K in Feb though, and they've been available for those five weeks. Odd.
Historically GW does a huge number of large conventions, reportedly the most convention occupancy on Maui...which may explain your uneven availability. Have seen some really large groups there.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:59 am

Can anyone talk about the options for dining on site? What are the restaurants in the hotel.. and what would you recommend? We will be traveling with a toddler and don’t plan on leaving the resort much (if at all)
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler1752
Can anyone talk about the options for dining on site? What are the restaurants in the hotel.. and what would you recommend? We will be traveling with a toddler and don’t plan on leaving the resort much (if at all)
Looking around the thread would be helpful. There is Humu, a fancier place. Bistro Molokini...middle of the road food, pretty good. Cafe Kula, better for breakfast than other meals, but there are options. Taco Truck, fast food, tacos only. If you have access to Napua Tower or Omo Lounge, breakfast is good, other meals can be hit and miss, definitely on the lighter, heavy apps side. Not sure when the breakfast buffet is re-opening...very good, but expensive.

Next door is Wailea shops...several restaurants there.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Looking around the thread would be helpful. There is Humu, a fancier place. Bistro Molokini...middle of the road food, pretty good. Cafe Kula, better for breakfast than other meals, but there are options. Taco Truck, fast food, tacos only. If you have access to Napua Tower or Omo Lounge, breakfast is good, other meals can be hit and miss, definitely on the lighter, heavy apps side. Not sure when the breakfast buffet is re-opening...very good, but expensive.

thank you!! Very helpful! Is there a way to search this thread for specific things like food? Or do I have to go through each post? Don’t use flyertalk that often so I’m not familiar with its features.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:45 pm

thank you!! Very helpful! Is there a way to search this thread for specific things like food? Or do I have to go through each post? Don’t use flyertalk that often so I’m not familiar with its features.
For the best info, I would just read the thread.

I would also Google search for menus for the various restaurants, or check the GW website for menus.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Google is your friend.
You can type in a google search box "flyertalk.com how to use search" without the quotes and presto, this article appears!
Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:06 pm

Taco truck is now BBQ. And it's really good BBQ.
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Or just look up the restaurants at the hotel or next door at the shops and look at menus. With a toddler you aren't going to be doing much fine dining? We were disappointed with our dinner at Bistro Molokini - 6 people and no one raved about the food, but it was ok. Best meal was the taco truck, but I think someone said the taco truck is now BBQ? We had a car and a condo so had many more options.

The Island Market next door has a lot of take-out ready to eat stuff (do the rooms have microwaves?).
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Or just look up the restaurants at the hotel or next door at the shops and look at menus. With a toddler you aren't going to be doing much fine dining? We were disappointed with our dinner at Bistro Molokini - 6 people and no one raved about the food, but it was ok. Best meal was the taco truck, but I think someone said the taco truck is now BBQ? We had a car and a condo so had many more options.

The Island Market next door has a lot of take-out ready to eat stuff (do the rooms have microwaves?).
Yes, the rooms have microwaves.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:07 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Thinking out loud, next door at the Marriott Beach Resort there’s the Whale’s Tail. It outside next to a grassy area where a toddler might run about, and has a few tables overlooking the ocean. The menu is limited but, as mentioned downstream, traveling with a +/- three year old, you probably aren’t aiming towards gourmet. There are also some stationary food trucks on property right nearby. Have fun in Maui.
WorldTraveler1752 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
You can also get delivery from nearby off-GW restaurants.
WorldTraveler1752 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
The three restaurants at the Four Seasons next door are reliably excellent. Not cheap, but worth it in my opinion.

Humu is fine. I’ve never really had a bad meal there, but it’s also rarely been memorable.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
You can also get delivery from nearby off-GW restaurants.
This. Doordash is plentiful and convenient, just meet the driver outside to avoid hassle.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Yes, the rooms have microwaves.
I just returned from a stay w/ a 2 and 4 year old. We asked about microwaves (we stayed in a King and 2 Queen rooms on Garden level for the kids) and were told that the rooms do not have microwaves do not allow them anymore. With toddlers, we had success w/ the $24 pizza from Bistro Molokini that has been recommended here and often picnicked or ate on the lanai. Grabbing some groceries like yogurt and other toddler favorites using Whole Foods pick up when we landed saved us time w/ cranky kids and allowed us quick breakfasts. Super helpful to have some granola bars and those individual oatmeal cups when you've got kids up before anything is open due to jet lag. They will bring a water boiler if you ask for one, or you can use the Keurig for hot water for oatmeal.

Last edited by jackieIC; May 2, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Old May 14, 2022, 12:53 pm

Valet tip

I'm going to need a car while I'm there. Since they raised the daily parking fee to $65, what do you tip the valet? And is that on the way in, out or both? I know it's not the fault of the valets, but $65 a day is ridiculous. With no other parking options. I feel they're taking advantage of their clientele. When I booked this trip, the parking wasn't that high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.