Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
Does anyone know if the grand wailea still offers the hospitality room to shower if no late checkout is available?
ok so I called the grand wailea and was advised the hospitality room is no more, has anyone had luck getting a 2pm to 3pm late checkout as a diamond?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:39 am

Thank you all for advice. I was panicking at one point looking at how much the breakfast was. I don't mind spending money....but my kids eat nothing. I saw something online that the buffet might not be served in April b/c of construction, so we will see.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by sopel
Thank you all for advice. I was panicking at one point looking at how much the breakfast was. I don't mind spending money....but my kids eat nothing.
If you don't have the breakfast benefit, I'd suggest stopping off at a supermarket and buying breakfast items - breads, fruits, etc, especially for young kids. It's much cheaper than buying from the Loulu market or can at least supplement the things you do buy and all the rooms have a fridge for storing that stuff.
(Pro-dad tip: buy any adult beverages at the supermarket too, they charge like $10 for a can of beer at Loulu and similarly at any of the other restaurants/bars). There's some smaller supermarkets nearby or you can drive/uber to a safeway about 15min away.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thank you all for advice. I was panicking at one point looking at how much the breakfast was. I don't mind spending money....but my kids eat nothing. I saw something online that the buffet might not be served in April b/c of construction, so we will see.
where did you see that about the buffet?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
We are going on points for 10 nights in the middle of April. We have a 3 and a 5 year old who barely eat, and I’m trying to figure out what to do about breakfast. I don’t mind paying the $56 per adult for buffet (before the credit) but paying $40 per kid to eat a toast seems outrageous. Any tips and tricks?
I’m pretty sure that kids 5 and under eat free with paying adults so you should be fine
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Does the breakfast benefit here cover the actual breakfast?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Does the breakfast benefit here cover the actual breakfast?
No, if you are asking about the buffet. How you spend it in the cafe is a different question.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:32 pm

Cafe 15% discount

I spoke with the agent at the Hilton vacations desk in the lobby. I did not agree to a presentation, but just inquired about the details. She provided me with a card that gives a 15% discount at the Cafe Loulu as well as the gift shops. This is not one-time, and will work each visit for the remainder of our stay. A good way to extend that $50/day credit.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by txmikedc
where did you see that about the buffet?
'IKENA, Wailea - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Reservations - Tripadvisor
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by GiraffeGlove
If you don't have the breakfast benefit, I'd suggest stopping off at a supermarket and buying breakfast items - breads, fruits, etc, especially for young kids. It's much cheaper than buying from the Loulu market or can at least supplement the things you do buy and all the rooms have a fridge for storing that stuff.
(Pro-dad tip: buy any adult beverages at the supermarket too, they charge like $10 for a can of beer at Loulu and similarly at any of the other restaurants/bars). There's some smaller supermarkets nearby or you can drive/uber to a safeway about 15min away.
We have the breakfast benefit but $50 will not go a long way at the buffet, if I have to pay for 4 people....

Originally Posted by Bamboozle
I’m pretty sure that kids 5 and under eat free with paying adults so you should be fine
I read that in a few places, but can't find it anywhere on their website. Hopefully this is still the case (if the place is open in April)
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:30 pm

what would be the best place to get most out of $50 credit?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:25 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by crazypaving
I went to Botero’s Lounge last week. Basically, two drinks w/out a tip (above and beyond just drinks, the space is beautiful).
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:25 pm

We have the breakfast benefit but $50 will not go a long way at the buffet, if I have to pay for 4 people....

I read that in a few places, but can't find it anywhere on their website. Hopefully this is still the case (if the place is open in April)
this is no longer the case since the renovations. There is a reduced rate (I think $20 for kids under 5) at Ikena, but no other restaurants offer anything of the sort anymore unless you book a specific rate/offer.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by crazypaving
Loulu - the ToGo market. $50 can easily get you a basic lunch for two.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:43 pm

I called and they said only the Rose Brunch is closed in April (Sundays). Other days it will operate as normal. They also said that the adult price is $56, my 5yo would be $20 and my 2yo would be free, but I also got an email from the concierge that said Adults $56, Children $40, 5 and under $15. Not sure which one to believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.