Wiki Posts
Search

Doubletree Bed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2006, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Doubletree Bed

I'm sure you all know that you can buy the Doubletree bed from the doubletree website...

http://www.doubletreeathome.com

...but have any of you actually bought one? IMO the most comfortable sleep I've ever had has been at Doubletree on the Sweet Dreams Bed. Now I'm starting to think about buying a new bed and am thinking about getting the DT one, but surely there must be a more generic and cheaper bed that I could get.

Does anyone know what it is about the bed at Doubletree that is so good or can anyone recommend a bed to buy that's as good but cheaper?
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I wonder who makes those beds. They are excellent. I am sure you'd pay a premium to Doubletree. I Googled the issue a few weeks ago, but couldn't find out who manufactures the thing.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
My guess, Serta Suite Dreams Mattress, though not positive for the DT.

When I checked the mattress tag at a HGI in GRR, it was a Serta Suite Dreams Mattress. But I am not sure if they are using the same brand across all hotel brands.

Here is some more information about Hilton's new bedding and other in room upgrades.

I am sure the bed can be found cheaper on some other site.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by Karter
...IMO the most comfortable sleep I've ever had has been at Doubletree on the Sweet Dreams Bed. ....

Wow! Really.
I havent been thrilled with any hilton bed in a while. But would love to hear how these compare to the new Marriott beds. They are tops on my list and I'd love to hear opinions from anyone that knows both.

I read in some travel mag a year ago (think T+L) about buying beds from hotels. Will see if I can find the article again.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
I like them as well though I seem to prefer the Westin beds more. The Doubletree bedsheets are excellent and I consider it the best. Hilton's new bed and sheets IMO do not compare with Doubletree's.

I believe the beds are made by Simmons.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'll be looking here for the person who will post the mattress brand etc. after pulling a sheet to check it out. But be aware many manufacturers (e.g. Martex) make products for the hotel market that are not exactly the same as those in the consumer stream.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: WN Prefered, BA Gold, Marriott Gold and a bunch of others
Originally Posted by tenmoc
I havent been thrilled with any hilton bed in a while.

I did three stays this week at Hilton properties...Hilton Gaithersberg MD, Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, and Hampton in West Chester,PA.

New bed at the Hilton Gaithersberg with soft sheets. Just like my home bed. Lots of pillows, very comfortable. One of the best in a while.

Hilton Garden Inn was the best of the three. Had some type of pad under the sheets that was wonderful. Also, you could adjust the firmness of the bed with a control on the mattress.

I was upgraded to a suit in the Hampton. Older bed, but nice soft sheets.

Overall, a solid week of sleep at Hiltons in the East.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
By Hilton bed I meant a bed at any HH property.

That said. The new doubletree beds are VERY nice. I still think the marriott has it beat. But would definitely consider it in the running.

I did forget though to pull the sheet and look at the brand...
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Stayed at the DT Charlottesville, VA this past weekend. I have to agree with the above comments about the Sweet Dreams bed being great! I did pull the sheet, and although the label was pretty generic, it did say Serta on it. So...perhaps the previous speculation, by infinityplusone, that this bed is the Serta Suite Dreams Bed is correct. Hope this helps!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Stayed one of the Hilton properties in Arlighton, VA earlier this summer. The bed was absolutely dreamy, I couldn't believe how well I slept. Huge fan of the new bed, but with the comments on this site, I'm looking forward to the next Doubletree stay!
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:30 am

Programs: US Silver, HH Gold VIP, Avis Preferred Select. P-*A Silver
Compared to all the hotel beds I have slept in...the beds at the Doubletree hotels pwn all other beds period. I try not to lay on the bed while I watch tv or to do some thinking, cause I will fall asleep in seconds. I wanna buy one for my home when I get the opportunity.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I think we all mostly seem to agree that the Doubletree bed is the best bed out there in the Hilton family, but has anyone tried any of the Starwood beds such as the Westin Heavenly bed? How does it compare with Starwood beds?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by Karter
....I think we all mostly seem to agree that the Doubletree bed is the best bed out there in the Hilton family......
Hmmmm...We were at a Doubletree the last few nights. My wife remarked that she really did not like the bed and did not sleep well.
My reaction was neutral and it seemed to just be a bed...not bad or good.
We were on the executive floor at the the DT on Broad in Philly.

Looks like YMMV on the beds.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:50 pm

Programs: HHonors, United Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks, American AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
It is, indeed, the Serta "Suite Dreams" Mattress and Box Spring. It can be yours for:
King: Pts. 640,000 / Reward Code: WMBK
Queen: Pts. 555,000 / Reward Code: WMBQ
http://hhonors.waldorfcollection-hot...081&SKU=WAH124

-Or if you prefer to pay, it would be:
Cal. King: $1,450.00
King: $1,450.00
Queen: $1,250.00
at http://www.hiltontohome.com/BeddingS...KU=HIL-A01-124

I'd be really interested to know of anyone who actually purchased this bed (with points or with cash) and what their experience was like. Better yet, I'd like to know if there are better deals out there...
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
The LINK does NOT WORK!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.