Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
In what way did the breakfast improve?

I thought it was decent before, my main complaint is that they didn't have smoked salmon except in a mix of mostly raw onions.
Among other changes, they added to the Japanese section in the morning : Chimaki and Yakisoba, Hijiki, Kiriboshi Daikon, Takenoko and Kamaboko and a couple of other dishes.. The salmon that they offer is the marinated Japanese variety. Mrs. Ex goes crazy over that. It's an acquired taste, for sure.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Among other changes, they added to the Japanese section in the morning : Chimaki and Yakisoba, Hijiki, Kiriboshi Daikon, Takenoko and Kamaboko and a couple of other dishes.. The salmon that they offer is the marinated Japanese variety. Mrs. Ex goes crazy over that. It's an acquired taste, for sure.
Sounds much fancier than a few years back, when I used to visit. Can you tell me more about the marinated Japanese salmon?

Last edited by anabolism; Aug 19, 2017 at 9:34 am Reason: Was confused as to which thread I was replying to,
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Sounds much fancier than a few years back, when I used to visit. Back then there was no salmon, except by special request they sometimes found smoked salmon. Can you tell me more about the marinated Japanese salmon?
I copied this recipe from the Mizkan website. It should come pretty close. Mrs. Ex doesn't use the soup base and instead of vinegar uses Yuzu, a sort of Japanese lemon.

"Marinated Smoked SalmonIngredients

1 package smoked salmon
1/2 onion, sliced

Seasonings
1/2 Tbsp. Mizkan Soup Base
2 Tbsp. Mizkan Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
Black pepper, to tasteDirections

Mix smoked salmon and sliced onion in a bowl. Combine seasonings and mix well. Add to the salmon and onion and let it set for at least 10 minutes. Arrange in a bowl to serve."

Happy eating.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:38 am

The salmon that they offer is the marinated Japanese variety. Mrs. Ex goes crazy over that. It's an acquired taste, for sure.
My apologies; when I replied earlier I was confused as to which thread and which hotel. I am very familiar with the smoked salmon and onion mixture served at the Narita Hilton. Personally, I much prefer plain smoked salmon, or sushi-style salmon as served at the Conrad Hong Kong and Conrad Tokyo. I find the smoked salmon and onion mixture at the Narita Hilton to be mostly onion, with just a little salmon.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:05 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Good HHonors recognition

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

456 Kosuge Narita, JP 286-0127

Good HHonors recognition (0 Photo)

About 15 mins by the complimentary shutte to Narita airport and a separate shuttle to Narita town (stops at the train station).  The shuttle runs every half hour and this serves 2 other hotels after the Hilton.  For the shuttle back to the airport, it seems to go direct from the Hilton to the airport.  For Narita town, it picks up passengers at 2 other hotels - the same for the return trip. 

Check In

Arrived around 8.00 pm at the property and there was no one, so helped immediately.  This was a paid stay.  I was with a party of 3 in the same room and was provided with a rollaway bed without additional charges (yes it was already indicated in my original booking when I selected 3 persons).  What was nice was that I was given HHonors benefit for all 3 guests - which I was quite happy.  It was indicated that I was upgraded to a Plus room, I did not bother to ask if they will further upgrade me to a Suite. 

Room

Room faced Narita airport, which was my preferred view.  Room size was OK even with the rollaway bed in the room. Though if you have large bags for all 3 guests and other stuff, the room can get a bit on a smaller side.  The beds ( a Twin bed room), was suprisingly on a bigger side compared to what I expected and certainly bigger than the Twin bed at the Hilton Tokyo.

Bathroom was ok, with very good water pressure and temperature (as normal in Japan from experience).  Amenities are the new Verbana series (no more Thomas Ruth) which normally from experience found only at Doubletrees.  I am not sure if this is new for Hilton or just Hilton Japan.  This is my prefered toiletries compared to the Thomas Ruth ones.

Internet speed - Not too bad, but can be slow at times.

Dining

There is no Executive lounge at this property, so breakfast is at the main restaurant.  Since the hotel does cater to travel groups, the breakfast area can get very crowded. Waiting time is decent and food is replenished quite fast - you do see the staff working hard to keep things going for all.  Quality and spread is good - as what you will expect from a 4* hotel in Japan - Western, Japanese and continental choices available.  Only a small complain would be it would have been nice if you were asked for your choice of coffee or tea when shown to your table. 

Service

As expected, not much to fault here for Japanese service.  Small improvements here and there especially in the breakfast area, but understandable under such busy conditions it can be overwhelming to keep things running well and small things are missed out here and there especially with certain guests/cultures to consider.

Overall

Still a good hotel close by to Narita if you don't want to travel down to Tokyo after arriving late or have to leave early.  Even after staying a couple of times from rooms and furniture are still in an OK condition.  Will certainly return in I need a hotel in the area.

Good HHonors recognition

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Just checked out of the Hilton Narita and wanted to pass along a few impressions

Airport Shuttle
Direction from the hotel site were accurate and pickup on time.

Check-in
was a bit crowded but there was a separate honors line which helped

Room
Was a nice size. Only issue was the lack of bed side power. Room faced the NRT approach an though quite close never had any sound issues

Diamond benefits
Daily full breakfast which was great but a bit crowded with groups and crew
Free glass of Beer or Wine
Premium Internet
15% discount on food (one time I think didn't use)

Shuttle to Narita JR station
Shuttles ran frequently only issue was many were crowded and at the Mall some folks had to wait until the next bus. Took a taxi back form the AEON mall and was only ¥1,400. Had expected much higher

Checkout
Was quick and was given a 2:00PM checkout with no issue

General
The staff were amazing. The only drawback was the lack of a lounge but for a quick stay it worked out fine and for 20K point was a great deal
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:02 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I stayed there in April and would like to comment also that the service staff in restaurants is poor compared to the Japan standards. Same goes for the food quality. But it is a good airport for a quick stay near the airport.
ashkale likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:09 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by nldogbert
What was nice was that I was given HHonors benefit for all 3 guests - which I was quite happy. .
What would be the HHonors benefits for Diamonds at this property? Traveling with wife and our two kids (ages 7 and 10 years) for one night.

The rates are very good now for December $119 plus tax for DELUXE PLUS TWIN - any chance for upgrade at this rate?

Thank you!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Booked a reservation at the property last night for mid-Jan stay - 75K JPY ($66/day) + tax as part of it's member flash sale.
Kalboz and kaffir76 like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Kalboz
What would be the HHonors benefits for Diamonds at this property? Traveling with wife and our two kids (ages 7 and 10 years) for one night.

The rates are very good now for December $119 plus tax for DELUXE PLUS TWIN - any chance for upgrade at this rate?

Thank you!
I've stayed there 4 or 5 times (1 night each time) over the past several years. Always got a buffet Breakfast as a Diamond. Occasionally I would get coupons for 2 free drinks (draft beer or wine if I recall correctly) but that hasn't been consistent. I haven't gotten what I'd consider an upgrade but they told me they put me on a higher floor a couple times.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Seabilly
I've stayed there 4 or 5 times (1 night each time) over the past several years. Always got a buffet Breakfast as a Diamond. Occasionally I would get coupons for 2 free drinks (draft beer or wine if I recall correctly) but that hasn't been consistent. I haven't gotten what I'd consider an upgrade but they told me they put me on a higher floor a couple times.
I am at that property all the time and I have never found a difference between the time when I was Gold to now that I am Diamond. Same room upgrades, free buffet breakfast and two drink coupons. I think
the only difference is that Diamond gets free Gym/Pool privileges, but I could be wrong on that. Nice place to stay before and/or after flights.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
The rates have since doubled since my original post to ~ $250 per night! This is just a transit 24-hours for us and will probably go with the ANA CP Narita which is $70 cheaper with the same amenities.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:20 pm

I am at that property all the time and I have never found a difference between the time when I was Gold to now that I am Diamond. Same room upgrades, free buffet breakfast and two drink coupons. I think
the only difference is that Diamond gets free Gym/Pool privileges, but I could be wrong on that. Nice place to stay before and/or after flights.
Diamonds do get free use of pool/gym, but I don't know if Golds do as well. It's a nice pool-gym. The pool is 25 meters long and has lap lanes. The gym and sauna are nice. Diamonds usually get rooms on a higher floor with a better view and better Washlet-style toilet seats.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
The rates have since doubled since my original post to ~ $250 per night! This is just a transit 24-hours for us and will probably go with the ANA CP Narita which is $70 cheaper with the same amenities.
I like the ANA CP and it's always cheaper than the Hilton, sometimes by a lot , but breakfast is not complimentary and they up charge for the second guest in the room. That's a deal breaker for me.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:02 pm

I like the ANA CP and it's always cheaper than the Hilton, sometimes by a lot , but breakfast is not complimentary and they up charge for the second guest in the room. That's a deal breaker for me.
The $180 rate is for 4 people in a suite (45 SQM 2 beds) including breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.