Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax {US-VA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax {US-VA}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax {US-VA}

Has anyone ever stayed at this Hilton? It's near the Vienna metro stop outside DC. I've got a wedding coming up in a few weeks and we're staying there. I'm hoping for some sort of upgrade, but Hilton.com seems to imply that there are no suites. Any help is much appreciated.
Old May 24, 2006, 4:09 pm
DH

I stayed there a few times and it's a nice hotel. I got breakfast and pantry coupons without asking. As far as suite wise, I don't know whether it has or not.

BTW, it's about 10-15 min from the Vienna metro station.
Old May 28, 2006, 6:36 am

I have stayed around 100 nights at this hotel. Nice quality HGI with a great manager (Steve) but there are no suites.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

I stayed here last night for one night. A decent HGI over all, and I'd stay there again.

Rooms: There's didn't appear to be any upgraded rooms in the place. But the room was standard HGI.

Amenities: As a Diamond, I got breakfast (full) for my wife and I plus $5 to spend at the little store (despite reports of this benefit not being available any more). There were some cookies at check-in on a big platter.

Pool/Gym: Indoor, heated pool that was pretty small (not good for laps). But the hot tub was nice. The gym was standard was basic equipment.

Breakfast: Pretty good breakfast. There was a waffle maker and you could over cooked-to-order items such as pancakes, omlettes, french toast, etc. The stuff on the buffet was pretty good (perhaps because it was a Sunday), but there were blintzes and eggs benedict as well as the meats and hot cereals.

Location: It's a decent drive to the airport (IAD) and DC. But it's 1 mile from the Fair Oaks Mall (a pretty big mall with restaurants, stores, etc). We were there for a wedding, so I'm not sure why else to stay at this place.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Uniter
Has anyone ever stayed at this Hilton? It's near the Vienna metro stop outside DC. I've got a wedding coming up in a few weeks and we're staying there. I'm hoping for some sort of upgrade, but Hilton.com seems to imply that there are no suites. Any help is much appreciated.
Have you stayed at ANY HGI previously?

What you get at HGI is dependability. As in all rooms are equally dependable, but thus generally equally the same (bed differences and smoking preferences aside). I don't understand the concept of "upgrade" at the typical HGI.

Meanwhile, be aware that the $5 pantry coupon which other posters are reporting having received was a standard HGI benefit before June 1, but is gone chainwide as of June 1. So don't count on it (despite all the reports of everyone having gotten it previously).
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Have you stayed at ANY HGI previously?
I recently stayed at the HGI in downtown Napa, CA. Was offered an upgrade to an executive suite with whirlpool tub. Before that, I stayed at the HGI Arlington outside of DC. Was offered a suite there as well.

I think if you stay at more HGIs, you'll realize that there's a wide range of HGI properties, many of which have suites and larger rooms available to Diamond (and even Gold) members. Keep looking, and you'll find them.
Old May 23, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: HH Gold
Recently spent four nights at Fairfax HGI. I can't fault the place. $89 per night with breakfast thrown in. The staff are the friendliest I've ever encountered and Steve, the manager, is a good guy. Great value for money.

Last edited by diamondman2006; May 23, 2007 at 11:26 am Reason: .
Old May 23, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
How did you score a room rate that low? I am frequently in DC and never see anything under $149 for the Hampton Alexandria. I have a hard time even getting a government rate ($188) at any HH property in Fairfax.
Old May 23, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by cayenne92
How did you score a room rate that low? I am frequently in DC and never see anything under $149 for the Hampton Alexandria. I have a hard time even getting a government rate ($188) at any HH property in Fairfax.
My thoughts exactly.
Old May 24, 2007, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Obviously you don't come to DC on the weekends or in the summer (esp. when Congress is out of session). Rates are pretty darn low. Last time I stayed at this property it was for a Saturday night and I think I paid $69.
Old May 25, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Gold
I was fortunate enough to be able to plan my schedule almost 12 months in advance. I booked online and presumably benefited as a result of doing so.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by sdsearch
be aware that the $5 pantry coupon which other posters are reporting having received was a standard HGI benefit before June 1, but is gone chainwide as of June 1. So don't count on it (despite all the reports of everyone having gotten it previously).
I just stayed there last Friday, and now I see why the confusion:

What was supposed to gone was the $5 pantry coupon in addition to the 2 bottles of water and breakfast. And it is.

What the HGI Fairfax gave me was the $5 pantry coupon instead of the 2 bottles of water. (Of course, since they price the bottles at $1.50, I could get 3 bottles of water! But I already had enough water for the rest of my trip, so I got some batteries intead.)

Btw, I found the dinner menu at this HGI to be of far higher quality than I've found at HGIs elsewhere. (First time I've tried a dinner at an HGI in a while, though, so I don't know if this difference was to due to a superior kitchen at HGI Fairfax, or a general improvement in HGI restaurants chainwide recently.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.