Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Help: Strategy for booking 2 rooms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott

We are party of four, 1 diamond 1 gold, gonna book 2 rooms. diamond will pay the whole bill. So my question is how to maximize the benefits(upgrade, breakfast)? the diamond books 2 rooms together? or one elite reserves 1 room? thanks for your help.
Old May 22, 2006, 8:30 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by dunwu
We are party of four, 1 diamond 1 gold, gonna book 2 rooms. diamond will pay the whole bill. So my question is how to maximize the benefits(upgrade, breakfast)? the diamond books 2 rooms together? or one elite reserves 1 room? thanks for your help.
good question, perhaps premature, but.... bump!
Old May 22, 2006, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
one room each
Old May 22, 2006, 8:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by drbond
one room each
Could you explain why?
I have a couple reservations where I (a diamond) have book 2 rooms. I will be traveling with a Gold. Do we need to change one room to his name with his #? Is so, what's the difference? Does your answer apply equally to paid verses reward?

Thanks!
Old May 22, 2006, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Actually it depends:

a) If the two elites have separate accounts and your My-way selection is the 500 miles choice then its best to make two separate bookings, especially if its a one night stay.
b) If your choice is points then have the Diamond make the reservation because of the additional 25% extra points over that for Gold.

If the property has a lounge then booking in the name of the Diamond will help
with upgrades/access etc.
No lounge it probably doesnt make much difference.

c) If you have a mutual account definately book two rooms in the name of the Diamond - one room will not post on Hilton.com anyway.
Call the HH center and tell them you and your wife booked two rooms separately and one did not post.
You will get the missing points and if a mutual very likely to get double nights and stay credit.

Personally I always book rooms individually anyway it just gives more flexiblity for change of plans etc.

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.