Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

10,000 Honors Points for free through Midwest Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10,000 Honors Points for free through Midwest Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2006, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Smile 10,000 Honors Points for free through Midwest Airlines

http://www.midwestairlines.com/MAWeb...spx?itemId=330

5,000 Midwest Miles show up within a few days. Transferable to HHonors at 1:2 rate ^

Don't forget to put in that 60000-62999 zip code though otherwise it won't work! For those doing a few flights with Midwest after two returns you'll get another 15,000 bonus miles (30,000 HH points)

Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. Found it buried in the PC/IC forum here
Old May 21, 2006, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser

5,000 Midwest Miles show up within a few days. Transferable to HHonors at 1:2 rate ^

Don't forget to put in that 60000-62999 zip code though otherwise it won't work! For those doing a few flights with Midwest after two returns you'll get another 15,000 bonus miles (30,000 HH points)

Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. Found it buried in the PC/IC forum here
I started this process and got the 5000 miles (and I legitimtaely fall in the zip code range, to boot!), but since you have to call in to do the transfer, I backed off for a bit just in case they get suspicious or something. Anyone actually completed it all the way through?
Old May 21, 2006, 10:04 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551034

Mike
Old May 22, 2006, 12:48 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I did it, no questions asked. Just make sure you can verify all details pertaining to the midwest account.
Old May 22, 2006, 1:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fraser

Can I open one of these midest accounts, get 5000 miles and then close it down?
Old May 22, 2006, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You don't need to close it down. It just sits there dormant for the rest of your life (or probably 3 years if you have no activity, haven't read the T&C's!).
Old May 22, 2006, 8:20 am
Suspended

seems all one needs is a friend or family member that lives in Il like Chicago. Use their address info - sign up and transfer the pts over to HH
Old May 22, 2006, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
So it seems we have two trains of thought, some people have said it was easy and possible, and others have said you need to fly to transfer?

And when people say 'make sure they can verify' the address surely you don't mean any more than read it off?

Apologies for appeared duplicate. I did a search but didn't read far enough into the thread to discover it was mentioned elsewhere
Old May 22, 2006, 10:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
seems all one needs is a friend or family member that lives in Il like Chicago. Use their address info - sign up and transfer the pts over to HH
I live in London so dont have any friends or family living in Chicago :-( ....any ideas as to what address I can put down because I dont want to loose out on 5000 miles if possible....
Old May 22, 2006, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
I live in London so dont have any friends or family living in Chicago :-( ....any ideas as to what address I can put down because I dont want to loose out on 5000 miles if possible....
It was reported on the linked thread to just put in your London address but as long as you put 'IL' and a qualifying zipcode it should work.
Old May 22, 2006, 2:23 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
use your london address with a qualifying city, state, and zip... eg, Davis Junction, IL 61020
Old May 22, 2006, 6:42 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
SgtRyan,

I have done this using my Oz address and using Springfield and its ZIP code and all went smoothly.

Couple of days after the points hit my account, I called and successfully transferred the points to HHonors with no problems, all without flying (wouldn't even know what a MidWest plane looks like )
Old May 22, 2006, 10:20 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Deleted.

Last edited by rbAA; May 22, 2006 at 10:36 pm
Old May 22, 2006, 10:36 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I wonder if it's only coincidence that Midwest's website has been down for account summaries all day.....
Old May 23, 2006, 8:53 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Well I managed to get the miles (both for my wife and myself ) using a Chicago adress. Should I change my adres information into my real adres now before I call midwest to transfer the miles to my HHonors account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.