Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah about ten minutes from the Aquarium T stop. Cheap and otherwise fast though.
The hotel isn't that far from State T station, either.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by BearX220
The hotel isn't that far from State T station, either.
Or Aquarium, in front of the Customs House. Four to five minute walk.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
or Government Center.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We'll be staying there in October, and plan on walking from Aquarium (also first stop from the airport). That seems much more straightforward than the zig-zag streets from the other two T stations, and I know Aquarium has an escalator (fingers crossed it's not out of service) which makes it easier with luggage.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Hilton Boston Faneuil Past stay inquiry

I just stayed three nights at this hotel and it was really not a great experience for $300 per night. I am a gold member but received a $10 voucher for a cold breakfast buffet. How come at the Hilton Garden Inn, the hotel is cheaper and the breakfast includes cooked to order? In fact, I see no benefit for staying at this hotel. No room upgrade, but a free bottle of water. Have I missed something or was this one of the more stupid transactions I have made this year.

P. S. If you are thinking of staying here, take my advice, it's worn out, gloomy and all over disappointing. Not anything special. In fact, I thought Hilton has some sort of happiness guarantee but they don't seem interested in helping me. Should I just take my business elsewhere?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by mphall
I just stayed three nights at this hotel and it was really not a great experience for $300 per night. I am a gold member but received a $10 voucher for a cold breakfast buffet. How come at the Hilton Garden Inn, the hotel is cheaper and the breakfast includes cooked to order? In fact, I see no benefit for staying at this hotel. No room upgrade, but a free bottle of water. Have I missed something or was this one of the more stupid transactions I have made this year.

P. S. If you are thinking of staying here, take my advice, it's worn out, gloomy and all over disappointing. Not anything special. In fact, I thought Hilton has some sort of happiness guarantee but they don't seem interested in helping me. Should I just take my business elsewhere?
You may wish to familiarize yourself with the benefits associated with various elite levels as well as the differences between HH brands. This will likely reduce your angst in the future.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Agreed. It sounds like the OP got exactly the benefits they were entitled to for staying at a Hilton hotel as a gold member. If they wanted a cheaper hotel with a cooked-to-order breakfast they should have stayed at the HGI.

Neil
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:25 am

If Hilton's elite breakfast offerings were consistent across all its brands and properties, there's wouldn't be a 1455-post, 576,000-view thread about this exact topic.

You have really never run into this in your 15 years on FT?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not to mention that $300/night is not a particularly high room rate for Boston. Looking at rooms next week, most of the decent properties are over $500.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
There are no benefits for staying a regular Hilton Hotel.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Hilton Hotels do use better bedding items than Hilton Garden Inn. Hilton Hotels also tend to have better conference facilities than Hilton Garden Inn which is advantage for business purpose. At Hilton Faneuil Hall you were also paying for the location. Likely Hilton at Boston suburb locations, such as Dedham and Woburn, can be room rates half of location at downtown Boston and usually is. If there happen to be Hilton Garden Inn at Faneuil Hall area and if you are assuming that room rate at Hilton Garden Inn will be $125/night when Hilton is charging $300/night, then that will be unlikely.

P.S.
I lived at Boston and visit Boston frequently to meet up with friends. I have stayed at Hilton Faneuil Hall and I had no complaint with the hotel. Boston is popular destination for both business and vacation. Downtown Boston hotels tend to be busy on both weekdays and weekends. Rate of $300/night does suggest the hotel was likely highly occupied that night. Room upgrade is space available benefits, not guaranteed benefit. When hotels are booked then there is no upgrade for Diamond, as I experienced when I stayed at Boston Faneuil Hall. Cannot expect a room upgrade for Gold at popular hotel when the hotel itself is booked close to occupancy. And room furnishing of Boston Faneuil Hall was better quality than Hilton Garden Inn I have stayed previously.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Sep 16, 2016 at 10:49 am Reason: Added P.S.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:48 am

Based on this and many of your other posts in different threads, you seem to have chosen to not become knowledgeable about various aspects of FF programs. Doubtful that any of us can help you. Best of luck.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Then why do you keep staying at Hiltons and Hilton family properties? Maybe you should try Marriott/Starwood, Hyatt, IHG, or IG and see if those chains might better satisfy your expectations.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH D
Had a 5 nights points/money stay about three years back. Received an upgrade to one of the few rooms with a preferable view. They did give me five $10 vouchers, which could be used for continental breakfast, hot breakfast (2 vouchers), dinner and I think for bar-activity. Bought a 7-day transit pass, but almost any tourist destination could be reached on foot. Didn't need a rental car (saved me $50 a day and another $50 on parking). Because of its location the historic hotel was worth the extra dollars.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm staying there next month, using points. I have no illusions about getting anything but a dated room in an old building in a great location for what we want to do in Boston.

I'm happy I won't be filling up on a hot buffet breakfast because then I won't be ready for a lobster roll for lunch then a great Italian dinner in the North End.

But I do agree with you...it does seem the lower the hotel the more they give you. Microwaves, fridges, free breakfast...all at the Hamptons, HGI's. I *think*, and this is just a generalization, that the lower levels are more leisure travelers, families, who the value is important to...the higher properties (full service H's, WA's, Conrads, etc.) are more geared to business travelers who just pay for $25 breakfast and the $5 water in the room because their company will reimburse them, so they don't bat an eye.

But you should know this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.