Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

5/10/15 Promotion Program: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat,Hilton Diamond,Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier
5/10/15 STAYS GETS YOU FREE NIGHTS promotion

I just found out about this promo from a coworker. He didn't remember any deatails. And since the search function isn't working I have a few questions. If I need to call the Diamond desk I would like some details.

What are the details of this promotion??
Is it too late??
How do I register??

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:01 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Is it perhaps the 3/5/7 stays gets 1/2/3 free nights promo referred to in this thread?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:53 am

Unfortunately, the 3/5/7 free night promotion is a targeted promotion. Members who were targeted for it had the promotion code dropped on their account automatically. If you weren't targeted for the promotion, you won't receive any information on it.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:48 am

I earned three C601 certificates through the 5/10/15 promo. I tried to use them for a three night stay at a hotel with no reward availability (plenty of regular availability) through the Diamond Desk. The rep there tells me that I can't use the Diamond Reservation Guarantee with these certificates, but I can use my points for it. She told me that the certificates earned through the promo are only good for rewards reservations with regular availability, and not with the Diamond guarantee.

Is this true? Does anyone else have any experience with this?
Old Jun 24, 2005, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold, Hhonors diamond, Delta platinum
Originally Posted by HappyTrekker
I earned three C601 certificates through the 5/10/15 promo. I tried to use them for a three night stay at a hotel with no reward availability (plenty of regular availability) through the Diamond Desk. The rep there tells me that I can't use the Diamond Reservation Guarantee with these certificates, but I can use my points for it. She told me that the certificates earned through the promo are only good for rewards reservations with regular availability, and not with the Diamond guarantee.

Is this true? Does anyone else have any experience with this?
Yes,

I booked through the Diamond Desk with a reward certificate and later, the points were deducted from my account anyway.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 1:49 pm
Suspended

makes feel better that they gave me Points instead of a Free Cert
Old Jun 24, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Diamond garuantee (sp - im on drugs after surgery) - requires the points be forced right out of your account
Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
According to my reading of HHonors T&Cs plus my experiences, the “Diamond Guarantee” only applies to reservations paid for with money, not for award rooms.

For Award Rooms, the Diamond Desk is almost always able to do a “Diamond Override” to get a room using an award when the hotel is showing no award availability (as long as a standard room is available for a reservation paid for with money). But that override is NOT a guarantee in the T&Cs. It is just something that is done more often than not.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:19 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by jmd001
According to my reading of HHonors T&Cs plus my experiences, the “Diamond Guarantee” only applies to reservations paid for with money, not for award rooms.

For Award Rooms, the Diamond Desk is almost always able to do a “Diamond Override” to get a room using an award when the hotel is showing no award availability (as long as a standard room is available for a reservation paid for with money). But that override is NOT a guarantee in the T&Cs. It is just something that is done more often than not.
Right - and when they do that - the points are "forced" right out of your account. You dont actually get a cert - but an email that confirms your reservation
Old Jun 25, 2005, 5:55 am

Thanks for everyone's helpful comments. I understand that the Diamond Guarantee is only for paid stays, not award stays, but that oftentimes the Diamond Desk will work out an override for you even for award stays.

I was just confused because the Diamond Desk was willing to do a Diamond Override for me using my points, but not using my reward certificate. I thought that they were exactly the same thing, but I now understand from the comments in this thread that they are not.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

However, if I book an award stay and there's availability (like it shows on the website), I should be able to use the certs, right?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by BigLar
However, if I book an award stay and there's availability (like it shows on the website), I should be able to use the certs, right?

Yeah

otherwise, what's the point of the certs?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrzej
Yeah

otherwise, what's the point of the certs?
Hmmm.

Re-reading my post ... what the he11 was I thinking of?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
I used my 5/10/15 promotional certs on a diamond override reservation. No points were deducted from the account and the confirmation letter I received from the Diamond Desk specifically listed "Promotional Certificates" as the form of payment. When I made the reservation, the agent offered to do a special arrangement knowing I was using these certs as payment.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thecortex
I used my 5/10/15 promotional certs on a diamond override reservation. No points were deducted from the account and the confirmation letter I received from the Diamond Desk specifically listed "Promotional Certificates" as the form of payment. When I made the reservation, the agent offered to do a special arrangement knowing I was using these certs as payment.

Same for me. I recently had a Diamond override and used my certificates. No points were deducted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.