Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

5/10/15 Promotion Program: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5/10/15 Promotion Program: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
You can stay at Key west... just not the sunset cottages. Is that what you are saying?
Old May 17, 2006, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
You do realise that HH does not allow awards for the Sunset Key property
dont you?

mike
Nor do they Upgrade Diamonds to that prop from The main Hotel!! Its runned by the Hilton KW but its considered as if its a different Hotel completely. and has its own place to check-in from and its not in the Lobby of the HKW
Old May 17, 2006, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ericgartner
You can stay at Key west... just not the sunset cottages. Is that what you are saying?
Exactly as far back as I can remember Hilton has never granted award stays at the Sunset Cottages which basically considered a separate property.

mike
Old May 17, 2006, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by ericgartner
Anybody stay at the Hilton Cancun?
I haven't yet seen a review of the reopened Hilton Cancun. It didn't reopen from its hurricane damage until May 1, I don't think.

Mike
Old May 17, 2006, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
You do realise that HH does not allow awards for the Sunset Key property
dont you?

mike
Yes I do. We'll be staying at the regular property, not Sunset. IIRC Hilton Key West allows their gests to use the beach at Sunset Key. They run a ferry. It was about $10 last time I checked. My GF is a beach fanatic (when I said she wanted to spend a day there I meant it ) and the one downside of EYW for her is that the beaches aren't great. The ones on Sunset Key look much better, so we'll give them a try as a part of our stay.
Old May 25, 2006, 7:23 pm

how to redeem the 5/10/15 free night certs?

ok, so i earned the 3 1-night-free certs that come with the 5/10/15 promo. my question is, how do you redeem the certs?

i never got an email with the cert in it. in my online hhonors account, the certs show up in the redemption history alongwith a code and a cert number.

thanks!
Old May 25, 2006, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by Andy100
ok, so i earned the 3 1-night-free certs that come with the 5/10/15 promo. my question is, how do you redeem the certs?

i never got an email with the cert in it. in my online hhonors account, the certs show up in the redemption history alongwith a code and a cert number.

thanks!
that's a good question. I was under the impression that the hotel needs a paper printout but in this case there is nothing to print.

Couple of days ago I was told by the Diamond desk that my cert was processed so I was patiently waiting for e-mail and in fact I planned on calling them tomorrow if I didn't get any e-mail by morning. But after I read your post I looked and found that I also have a cert in my account, so thanks for the heads up. ^

I guess I will still have to call tomorrow and ask how this one will be handled.

Maybe the procedure has changed???

Last edited by andrzej; May 25, 2006 at 8:38 pm
Old May 25, 2006, 8:13 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Last year I got emails when I earned my free nights on this promo. I just assumed it would happen on this one too. I mean technically they only need the number but some insist on printout for some reason.
Old May 25, 2006, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
I got the certs by email on the first 5/10/15 earlier this year.
Very simple to use.
The procedure was to print out the certs and call and make reservations. They should ask you which certificate (number) you want to use.
Take that certificate with you when you check in.

This time the first two certificates came in the mail. I am still waiting for the third one. I assume that they are mailing them all this time for some reason.
Seems a waste of postage when email is free.
Old May 25, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'd not gotten an email nor snail mail although I could see the posting on the "All Activity" page. Thanks for the pointer to look under "Redemption History". I now see the info I need so I can redeem the award.
Old May 26, 2006, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Andy100

thanks!

Oh well thats gonna be fun. trying to see any redemption history here in Australia while this website is still stuffed!
Cynthia. when is it going to be working properly?
Old May 26, 2006, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by iris30
I'd not gotten an email nor snail mail although I could see the posting on the "All Activity" page. Thanks for the pointer to look under "Redemption History". I now see the info I need so I can redeem the award.
can you tell me how to redeem it...
Old May 26, 2006, 12:24 pm

Just redeemed 2 certificates over the phone with the DD. They will fax the certificates to the hotel for us as it is for a stay this weekend. The CS agent just looked in our account and made the reservations. It took about 60 seconds.
Old May 29, 2006, 10:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Passport Diamond, UA Premier Plat, WN A-List
I have an un-related question...I registered for this promo about a mnth ago, and did not see the copy of the T&C's...Is the 5/10/15 promo based on stays or nights? Any help would be appreciated!
Old May 29, 2006, 10:29 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by acalispice
I have an un-related question...I registered for this promo about a mnth ago, and did not see the copy of the T&C's...Is the 5/10/15 promo based on stays or nights? Any help would be appreciated!
nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.