Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Fort Worth {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:23 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by jlm8904
1st time poster. I live in FW and there was an article in our local paper last week that an Embassy Suites will be opening Downtown the end of the year.
I can't wait for this! I use the HGI on I35W north of the city quite often. While this is an ok property, I much rather an ES nearer my work destination (I30 west of the city). Downtown will work ok for me - so long as its staggering distance from the Flying Saucer .
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Delta Gold; HHonors Diamond;ICH RA-PLAT; Kimpton IC; Hertz PC
Just a quick follow up. I stayed at the FT Worth Hilton (downtown) two weeks ago, stayed two nights. To make it short and sweet, complimentary valet parking, upgrade to executive lounge, ice bucket of beer with chips and salsa waiting for me and a personal note.

Oh and there was an executive lounge.

Overall, it was excellent.

My status: Diamond
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Originally Posted by darkfluid
Just a quick follow up. I stayed at the FT Worth Hilton (downtown) two weeks ago, stayed two nights. To make it short and sweet, complimentary valet parking, upgrade to executive lounge, ice bucket of beer with chips and salsa waiting for me and a personal note.

Oh and there was an executive lounge.

Overall, it was excellent.

My status: Diamond
How'd you wind up with complimentary valet parking and chips/hot sauce waiting for you?

I checked in this evening. Not a bad property. I walked up to the front desk and mentioned I checked in online (Diamond) and the girl behind the desk said she just needed to see my ID...I guess I'm the only guest that checked in online. I have an east-facing room on the 15th floor which doesn't offer the best view...I'd rather have a west view. The hotel's fairly quiet.

I like the framed architectural photos. I dropped by bags in my room and went to the lounge - it was empty (around 7:45pm). On my bed was a generic welcome letter. The hotel restaurant is closed in the evenings (first time I've experienced this), though I can sit at the bar and order food.

I'll post more later this week.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
Overall it was a good stay and a nice hotel. For me it was a great location - I was at the Convention Center for business and the hotel's a block to the north. Ruth Chris and Del Frisco's are adjacent and across the street, respectively. The Red Bull girls were in town for a motorcross event up at the Stockyards, so there was some eye candy around.

I had a package mailed to the hotel and walked into my room to find it'd been delivered to my room - I was expecting to pick it up at the front desk; this was appreciated. I also experienced a first: my shower would cut off after about 10 seconds and then come back on 2-3 seconds later. I told the front desk and it was fixed in a timely manner.

One thing that I did notice, and I'll email the hotel about this, is it looked like a coke exploded/leaked in the lounge's mini fridge. I noticed this maybe Wednesday and by Friday morning it was still there...same with what looked like Cheerio's on the floor near a couch.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Anyone visited recently? Update(s) would be great ly appreciated. I'll be there in July. Thanks,
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
I could not find a more recent thread,if one exists, pls feel free to move my post.

One night work stay, so brief update...

Valet parked. No waiving of fee, but I am only Gold. Check in quick, cheerful, and status recognized. I was given lounge access, not sure if this was due to Gold or my corporate rate. I was also given free drink coupon, which if preferred could be redeemed at Starbucks. Nice touch.

Corporate rate insures a corner king, so room was large, as was bath. No complaints on size. Great desk, but only 2 plugs. No others accessible in room. For decor, think Mad Men retro. Fine with me, but if you are into contemporary, you will hate it. Agree with former poster, love all the historical pics.

Ordered room service. Steak was excellent and Texas sized - not really surprising as Ruth Chris is on property. I requested jalepeno cheese grits with it, also good. Presentation was lacking, no salt and pepper, or steak knife... will take good food over a pretty tray....just seems too bad not to
have both. Wait staff was courteous and friendly.

Lounge was a mix. No windows, so I thought rather gloomy, but large with lots of seating. Some tables, but also soda's etc, which is nice if you are just hanging out. Attendant was courteous, but not particularly friendly. Hot food was exhausted, but he had ordered down for more. (I think it was pot stickers). Cheese, veggies, crackers, and fruit - the fruit was beyond it's prime and I would not have served it. Dessert was brownies (good), cookies (meh), and stone cold coffee.

Dried cream packets. Really? Seriously?

I was gone before the club opened, so no breakfast report. Didn't have time to use the gym or business office, but they are both open, as is convenience store.

I cannot compare to other Hilton's as I don't stay in the chain that often. My rating would be a 7 or an 8. Close to the connection center, historically interesting, but uneven quality.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Anyone have a recent stay here? I am staying within the next month for a wedding.
Thanks!
NDTraveler
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Currently staying here for the weekend as a local while I have some work done on my home.

The building is historic and emphasizes its connection to Kennedy throughout. The architecture is interesting in many ways (e.g., vaulted room ceilings, "vintage" Otis elevators, extensive wood paneled furniture), while at the same time the rooms are well-kept with modern conveniences (e.g., in-room safe, touchless room keys, good wifi). Only downside in the room is the noisy A/C blower which comes on every 5 minutes if you choose the "auto" setting (better to let it run continuously at "low" in order to keep being awoken when it comes on).

Was recognized as a Diamond at check-in with complimentary waters and upgraded to the 15th floor executive level. The lounge is not bad at all; three hot dish options for breakfast, along with fruit, cereal, a variety of breads, and plenty of bottled juices as well as a coffee drink machine. During the day, sodas, water, and light snacks (think: trail mix) are available. The evening offerings feature two hot dishes (I've seen egg rolls, dumplings, mini-taquitos, and some sort of breaded corn nugget thing) along with cheeses, veggies, etc. There is a tended bar where the drinks are slightly cheaper than those in the regular 2nd floor bar. Note that there is no evening lounge offering on Sundays. Also note that breakfast apparently cannot be taken in the restaurant (buffet) in lieu of the lounge.

As others have noted, the location is perfect for exploring downtown Fort Worth, and is right across the street from the convention center.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
I'm starting an 8 month project in downtown Fort Worth and I'm staying at The Embassy Suites this week but I haven't made a commitment to making that the long term property with the other option being The Hilton. Spot checking a few weeks in the coming months I'm finding that the Hilton is consistently less expensive. Has anyone spent enough time at both properties to be able to draw a comparison and/or opinion outside of the expected differences (suites, bigger breakfast offering, manager reception, etc. at Embassy Suites). As a Diamond I'll get breakfast at either property, I don't really care about having a suite, and I need to spend more time in a gym rather than a manager reception drinking calories in the evening.

My biggest concerns are quiet (no slamming doors in the hall, stomping feet overhead, street noise, etc), a good fitness area, a breakfast, proximity to my work (which both meet), the ability to check a bag for the weekend and recognition at the front desk (I was very unimpressed with my check in at the Embassy last night).

Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Since I've stayed at both properties now I'll follow up to my own question. I've spent 5 weeks at the Embassy Suites and just finished up my first week at the Hilton.

Embassy Suites
  • Yes they have two room suites but they are small and very cramped.
  • Noise from the street is very prevalent. I was constantly being woke up at 3-5 am by garbage trucks and the like.
  • The standard cook to order breakfast but I found the morning breakfast staff to be very unhelpful, unfriendly and somewhat lazy.
  • The staff of the evening's Manager's Reception were very friendly and do a nice job.
  • The fitness room was decent for an Embassy Suites.
  • Much more expensive than the Hilton and they obviously think a lot of themselves. The rate they offered us for a long term stay was also much more expensive than we got at the Hilton.
  • The front desk staff were for the most part good but not great.
  • Little to no recognition as a Diamond.

The Hilton
  • The room I had was as large as the two room suites at the Embassy combined (Executive Level). Much more space to move around in. It is a corner room so I can't say how large the inner rooms are yet.
  • Far, far nicer lobby.
  • Less expensive and a good rate offered to us for a long term stay.
  • Standard Hilton Executive Lounge continental breakfast. Helpful and friendly attendant.
  • Standard Hilton Executive Lounge evening reception. Helpful and friendly attendant.
  • The fitness room is being remodeled so I haven't experienced that yet.
  • Very quiet rooms. No street noise at all that I've experienced yet.
  • All of the staff just seem to have a higher level of service commitment.
  • I had been chosen "Diamond of the Week" and received two offerings from their little store along with two bottles of water.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:33 pm

Ft Worth TX - No more beer/wine in Exec Lounge?

They have pulled the beer and wine from the Executive Lounge at the Fort Worth Hilton. The attendant said she had heard it was going system wide. Has anyone else seen this across the country? I'm not sure I really care as they only offered bottom shelf stuff and if I was in the mood for a beer or wine it is going to need to be something decent. But how much can it run them? They can always rotate product through the main bar. I'm just curious more than anything if it is actually system wide.

Last edited by squeakr; Feb 15, 2017 at 11:22 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Paid booze? or free booze? Free booze is really rare in US lounges in my experience.

I highly doubt it's system wide, more just a clueless attendant making something up to make it appear less bad for their property.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No way its systemwide. No way on earth!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:26 pm

First off, any time anyone hears the phrase "systemwide" within the context of Hilton, it should elicit a chuckle. Anyone who is familiar with hhonors portfolio of brands knows that there is no such thing as "systemwide" - there is no uniform standard with respect to anything. If there was, the Hilton FT forum would have about 80% fewer threads.

Secondly, and as another poster already pointed out - the real story here should be that there's a domestic Hilton that is (or was) offering free booze in the EL! I only know of one such property out of dozens visited in the U.S., and to err on the side of caution, I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Seattle Hilton offers (offered?) beer and wine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.