Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge acess for Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
London Metropole still allowed Diamond member entry (plus 1 guest) on recent visit, but no gold access unless upgraded to Exec Room. No access at Heathrow Hilton unless you are in an Exec Room.

cat22
Old Jun 29, 2006, 4:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
Originally Posted by cat22
London Metropole still allowed Diamond member entry (plus 1 guest) on recent visit, but no gold access unless upgraded to Exec Room. No access at Heathrow Hilton unless you are in an Exec Room.

cat22
Interesting, I was at the Metropole back in March '06 and was able to use the lounge for checkin, and was able to access throughout my 2night stay. Was this a recent change?
Old Jun 29, 2006, 4:59 pm

Metropole was denying access to Golds two weeks ago. Diamonds were still allowed in, regardless of room type.

c
Old Jun 29, 2006, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by ckc
I stayed at the Conrad in HK about six weeeks ago, and was not upgraded and not offered access to the lounge. When I asked, I was very politely advised only Diamonds or those who pay for Exec floor...However, without prompting, they did remove my breakfast charge for the full buffer which was appreciated.
On a side note, the Hilton in NYC on 6th seems to get worse and worse, tiny old room, premium rate, hotel sold out (as almost always?)
We are GOLD VIPs and WERE upgraded to executive floor this past Christmas at Conrad HK. I think it just depends on availability, though other factors may play a role too (we are repeat visitors of that hotel). As mentioned in one of the other Conrad HK threads on this forum...we e-mailed ahead of time to one of the reservations people and they confirmed our upgraded rooms even before we arrived.

If going to Conrad HK, you should try to contact them ahead of time requesting an upgrade. See this thread for more info.

Last edited by gvaughn; Jun 29, 2006 at 5:45 pm
Old Jun 29, 2006, 6:12 pm

The folks at the Hilton Metropole, as well as the Heathrow Hilton were quite explicit about the change in policy. I just emailed Hilton regarding my next stay at Heathrow, as to the policy changes.

I suspect this is all related to the fact that Hilton US took over Hilton International. The result seems to be selling of most of the smaller UK properties, and limiting the access to Executive Lounges and other benefits.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
I can say the same of Gold and upgrade at HKG in late February.

It is very disturbing this trend in Europe. And enough that come mid next year when it best helps me I will take my then HH Diamond and go to SPG.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:17 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Originally Posted by cat22

I suspect this is all related to the fact that Hilton US took over Hilton International. The result seems to be selling of most of the smaller UK properties, and limiting the access to Executive Lounges and other benefits.
You just have to look at member benefits on hilton.com
There is no mention of lounge access or breakfast for golds or diamond for hiltons outside of USA.In fact the only difference in benefits now between gold and diamond is the extra bonus points.I certainly was not upgraded at Hilton dubai Creek recently and therefore no lounge access.Reports are the same also for Osaka where I am booked to stay in september.
So more points needed for awards,less benefits.Other programs definitely are worth looking at.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
I hope Hilton will provide on their website what "amenity" is provided to golds/diamonds at non-US hotels.

As a side note, I recently stayed at the Hilton Auckland and was given drink coupons, and breakfast credit of NZD$26 per person. There isn't a lounge at the Hilton Auckland.

Still, lounge access is nice as some lounges have free wifi or computers to use.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by billiam
I hope Hilton will provide on their website what "amenity" is provided to golds/diamonds at non-US hotels.

As a side note, I recently stayed at the Hilton Auckland and was given drink coupons, and breakfast credit of NZD$26 per person. There isn't a lounge at the Hilton Auckland.

Still, lounge access is nice as some lounges have free wifi or computers to use.
Amenities vary by property

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.