Wiki Posts
Search

Awards Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton gold
Awards Redemption

I see that the Hilton in Cyprus has a cat 1 reward.It is due to be raised in June.If I use the points prior to the june increase,can I book the hotel for Sept.and beat the increase.Looks like a decent property to use with the az trip.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jim5518
I see that the Hilton in Cyprus has a cat 1 reward.It is due to be raised in June.If I use the points prior to the june increase,can I book the hotel for Sept.and beat the increase.Looks like a decent property to use with the az trip.
You can.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
You definitely can. I've done the same with the Hilton Strasbourg and also with a couple of Scandic whose award categories recently changed. However I worry what will happen at check-in when I hand over my points voucher.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 4:09 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Like the OP, I made award rezs for LCA but have changed my AZ trip dates. Can I change dates on my 10k award certs? Or am I SOL? TIA
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:43 am

I am fairly certain that once you change your reservation, you will be up for the points applicable as at the date that you made the change. Just to make sure, give the HHonors desk a call.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:53 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I am fairly certain that once you change your reservation, you will be up for the points applicable as at the date that you made the change. Just to make sure, give the HHonors desk a call.
I finally called about my LCA rezs. According to Veronica at the Rewards Desk, the certs are good for 1 year and changes can be made before October 1st without add'l points needed. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.