Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2002, 9:21 pm

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Cherry Creek, which is the one on Colorado...I think! Anyway the place was beautiful and the service was excellent. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. When I wanted to be close to the highway and in the middle of all of my cities I used to stay at the Hampton Inn-Louisville. I'd avoid that one though, it has become a dump, so I avoid it at all cost.

Old Sep 13, 2002, 9:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
First off, are PStreet1 and Westcoaster talking about the same DT (in Westminster)?

Personally, I haven't stayed at any properties in Westminster. But here are two options I know of.

The Hampton in Thornton (short drive from Westminster on streets) is nice. Bonus: the assistant GM is just the foxiest hotel employee I've ever seen in my life. She really should be on a magazine cover. And she's friendly with a great personality to boot! I tried chatting with her but found myself saying silly things, blah, blah, blah, back in high school again.

For nice full service not to far and rather economical, I'd recommend the Doubletree Denver on Quebec. It is only about 15 minutes easy freeway drive from Westminster. Service is excellent if a little unsophisticated, and they really lay it out for HHonors members with any VIP status. As a silver I got upgraded to my choice of junior suites and received a phone call two weeks after my stay from the HHonors manager who wanted to make sure everything on my stay was fine (it was, except for a grumpy van driver).

And this was on an award stay, at an opportunity property, point stretcher no less: only 6,000 points for a night -- point stretcher is often available. Big indoor pool, outdoor hot tub, lots of free parking. The only negative: since Stapleton Airport closed, the location is just so-so. There's not much in the immediate area and the adjacent neighborhood isn't dangerous but it's not the best, either. It's easy to get around, though, with aforementioned freeway access. And they offer free shuttle service downtown and other places, as well as to/from the airport. I just wished that manager from the Hampton Thornton worked there (sigh).

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 09-13-2002).]
Old Sep 13, 2002, 11:18 pm

The Hampton Inn in Westminster is nice as Hampton Inns go. The Doubletree has been in a state of remodel and redecorating all summer. The staff there can be very accommodating. With Gold status, on the weekends we have been given 2 drink coupons per room, 2 breakfast buffet coupons and an upgraded room each time. I can suggest you request rooms 402 or 502. Theses rooms are at the end of the hall and have a very comfortable little sitting room attached. There are alot of good restaurants in the area but our favorite has been Joe's Crab Shack. As far as Hilton properties, the closest Hilton isn't all that convenient to Westminster. I'd recommend the Doubletree. If you get online to do your booking there was even a construction rate all summer for weekend stays of under $70 per night.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Boulder/Denver Properties

I need to stay 2 nights in Boulder and then 1 night in Denver for an early morning flight the next day. Any recommendations?
Old Nov 14, 2002, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Don't know of any Boulder properties but there a large number near the airport in Denver. I would strongly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport. It is a little pricey during the week ($150) but much cheaper on the weekends ($80). There is also a Hampton Inn with a nice diner next door and an Embassy Suites that is within 20 minutes.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Do any of these hotels have free airport shuttles?
Old Nov 14, 2002, 2:52 pm

I would recommend you not stay at the Boulder Doubletree.

Pat
Old Nov 14, 2002, 2:58 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
IIRC, no hotel in boulder has a free shuttle from DIA. You can take one or two shuttles that stop at hotels from DIA to Boulder for about 16-20 bucks o/w. You can also take the A/B bus from DIA to Boulder (downtown, westminster etc.) for 10 bucks o/w. If the weather is cooperating, I would suggest renting a car and saving yourself a major amount of time.

I know there is a louisville hampton inn that
Mapheads use when visiting the Denver regional offce. I haven't heard good or bad about it. Its a hampton inn.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I have stayed in the Hampton in that is on the airport property. They have a free shuttle, you can arrange departure times with the front desk. The hotel (like the airport) is out in the middle of nowhere, so there isn't much to do around the hotel. But it can definitely save you some time in the morning. Decent facility, reasonably priced, and if you're HHonors Gold you get a bottle of water and a package of Oreos.

[This message has been edited by isogyre (edited 11-14-2002).]
Old Nov 14, 2002, 4:22 pm

Denver airport hotel-Embassy Suites

I just got back from the Embassy Suites Denver Gateway (I guess a new one is opening at the airport in a few weeks) last Wednesday and have nothing but great things to say. The internet rate was only 89.00 a "Fall Suite Retreat", full breakfast in the morning even included cook as you order french toast and pancakes (many others do not)and the happy hour is always a perk. They offered an airport shuttle for free, it did require booking at time of arrival and only was on the half hour-I had a rental car to return so I can't tell you anything about quality of shuttle service. They have a nice pool and hottub, rooms were redone just this year, and I was given the "Embassy Touch" bottled water and snacks waiting in my room. Hope this helps!
Old Nov 14, 2002, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
THe Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, and Hilton Garden Inn all offer free airport shuttle. The Hampton Inn runs about $80 a night, $150 for the Garden Inn, and close to $100 for the Embassy Suites. If my flight is not first thing in the morning, I choose the Hilton Garden Inn.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 7:27 pm

Programs: Advantage Platinum Pro, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I concur with SECKART on the Embassy Suites Gateway. But watch out for the phone charges.

Happy Travels
Old Nov 14, 2002, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
For Denver, I'll recommend HGI at airport. Stayed there twice and it's right outside the airport so def. good choice if you have an early flight to catch. Stayed at corner room once, and was given a suite on second time. Like isogyre said, the only drawback is the hotels at airport is in middle of nowhere. But, def. free shuttles for prob most if not all of them.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 11:23 pm

Here is what SECKART said...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I just got back from the Embassy Suites Denver Gateway (I guess a new one is opening at the airport in a few weeks) last Wednesday and have nothing but great things to say. The internet rate was only 89.00 a "Fall Suite Retreat", full breakfast in the morning even included cook as you order french toast and pancakes (many others do not)and the happy hour is always a perk. They offered an airport shuttle for free, it did require booking at time of arrival and only was on the half hour-I had a rental car to return so I can't tell you anything about quality of shuttle service. They have a nice pool and hottub, rooms were redone just this year, and I was given the "Embassy Touch" bottled water and snacks waiting in my room. Hope this helps! </font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005929.html

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 11-14-2002).]
Old Nov 14, 2002, 11:39 pm

I haven't stayed at any other properties so I don't have a comparison, but suffice to say that the Denver Doubletree has given me no reason to shop around.

I usually stay with points, and as an Opportunity hotel that always seems to be running point stretcher, it just can't be beat at 6,000 points per night. There's a free shuttle to the airport, and I park at the hotel for free (they'll tell you it costs money to park if you ask, but they have plenty of room and I just leave my car in the lot). They also have a shuttle to downtown attractions.

Service is quite acceptable, with a nice restaraunt and bar, pool, spa. Any level HHonors gets royal treatment, including upgrades to full suites (as available), and no hassle breakfast for Gold and up. They take pets, a plus for the real Rut Dog.

Downside: location. Adjacent to old Stapleton airport, the immediate area though not a slum is not real attractive. But it is close to the freeway, and the new airport is only about 20 minutes away. [Edited to note that this is changing rapidly. See follow up post below.]

If you call ahead to Mike Walker, Director of Rooms at 303-329-5227 (his direct line) and tell him you're a Gold (which I'm sCNTUre you are) he'll arrange for a confirmed upgrade in advance if possible.

Mike has been very frank that business has suffered since Stapleton closed and then 9/11. But they've responded by redoubling service efforts even while offering rates as low as $55, and I've been impressed with the quality they've maintained even during hard times.

I hope they can hold on until the Stapleton redevelopment occurs and makes the area more of a destination. [Edited to note that this is changing rapidly. See follow up post below.]

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 11-22-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.