Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-Downtown {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-Downtown {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-Downtown {US-NY}

Does anyone have any experience at this very new hotel?
Considerably cheaper before the parking charge than the others up on Wolf Road.
In my search for cheap MR stays this one showed up.

Pushing for Diamond for the summer BKK Conrad and of all things to get SPG Plat....
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I've driven past and it seems nice.

Was talking to a local convention planner; she said it was VERY nice inside.

Give it a try and let us know!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Well it took me a while to get back to everyone....

This hotel is pretty good to ok in my book. Its a Hampton Inn. So with that said its a little better. Its new and clean. They do not have a pool. The rooms are a little small. The bathrooms I rate highly. It had only a shower not a tub. But it was very big. Spacious.
New beds and bedding. High beds.
The service was acceptable. I had no complaints but wasnt blown away either.
The seperate no HH points for parking charge I could do without.

I would stay again.
Old May 19, 2009, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Had a 1 night stay at the Chapel St location over the weekend. Ever so slightly on the edges of downtown.

This should be branded a Hilton because it's so nice. But here's why it shouldn't:

- housekeeping didn't clean under the toilet seat. My wife would have flipped out if she saw that.
- the sheets had a stain on it (the type that doesn't come off)
- the shower didn't have a soap dish. You could see where it should have been.
- the bar to help you in/out of the shower was placed mid-shower. It was in the way.

Free computer in the lobby.
The usual HI breakfast.
Free overnight parking on the street from 6:00pm till 8:00am.

I'd still go back at the right price. Otherwise, I'm sticking to the HI on Wolf Road.
Old May 19, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Ever so slightly on the edges of downtown.
Free overnight parking on the street from 6:00pm till 8:00am.
Be careful both in the hotel's contracted parking lot and on the street, there are more than a few break-ins. Use common sense and don't leave anything visible in your car.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:25 am

I was looking online to reserve a room at this property. And I found rooms (suites, to be exact) on the Empire Floor labelled as "Women Only".

I can appreciate that a portion of each night's proceeds go to the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (a VERY worthy cause), but I guess I was a little surprised that something like this existed.

I'm curious if families are allowed on that floor (husband, wife, child(ren)). I suppose I could call and ask.

http://www.hamptonsuitesalbany.com/l...oor-for-women/
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by jws5527
I was looking online to reserve a room at this property. And I found rooms (suites, to be exact) on the Empire Floor labelled as "Women Only".

I can appreciate that a portion of each night's proceeds go to the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (a VERY worthy cause), but I guess I was a little surprised that something like this existed.

I'm curious if families are allowed on that floor (husband, wife, child(ren)). I suppose I could call and ask.

http://www.hamptonsuitesalbany.com/l...oor-for-women/
Apparently women who travel wear bad suits with ties from the 80's and will have bad hair days on weekends with the lack of Aveda products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.