Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seattle {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2001, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold, HH Diamond
Arrow Hilton Seattle {US-WA}

Can anybody comment on this Seattle Hilton Downtown, they don't seem to have a Club/Executive Floor which is highly unusual for downtown city Hilton. Also, should I stay here or at the Sheraton?

Tony
Old Jan 22, 2001, 10:51 pm

How about Choice Number 3 and my favorite downtown Seattle Hotel, the Westin. OOps this is the Hilton Forum, isn't it?
Old Jan 23, 2001, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avoid it. It it a disgrace. The HGI Renton is newer-n-nicer only 15 min to downtown Seattle if you must do Hilton. The Four Seasons Olympic is best-of-show.

MisterNice
Old Jan 23, 2001, 9:15 am

Originally posted by MisterNice:
Avoid it. It it a disgrace. The HGI Renton is newer-n-nicer only 15 min to downtown Seattle if you must do Hilton. The Four Seasons Olympic is best-of-show.

MisterNice
15 Minutes to downtown! Maybe on a Saturday morning! Try the W instead.

Old Jan 23, 2001, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This is one of those "old style" city-centre Hiltons that gave the U.S. chain a mediocre reputation. It's not a really bad property, just not up to the standards one would expect from a major chain in a major city. Small rooms, not particularly distinguished looking public spaces... Certainly nowhere near the quality of either the Westin or Sheraton in that city. Seattle deserves a Conrad-quality Hilton but it may be too late, since the city centre now has enough 4 and 5 star properties...

[I always felt Hilton U.S. should establish a number of domestic Conrads in major centres, sort of a parallel to the St.Regis or Luxury Collection offered by Starwood.]
Old Aug 16, 2001, 5:34 pm

Originally posted by MisterNice:
Avoid it. It it a disgrace. The HGI Renton is newer-n-nicer only 15
min to downtown Seattle if you must do Hilton. The Four Seasons
Olympic is best-of-show.

MisterNice

15 Minutes to downtown! Maybe on a Saturday morning! Try the W instead.
==========================================

O.K., I did not book Seattle Hilton - I booked Hilton Garden Inn in Renton. Was very cheap and I am there on a weekend, so driving should be O.K.
I was somewhat disappointet when I saw it had "only" 3 AAA diamonds. When I found out that the "W" Seattle had also "only" 3 diamonds.
I hope the Hilton Garden Inn is fine!? Cant' pay for a "W" - it's at least 3 to 5 times more expensive.
Old Aug 17, 2001, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good choice (I hope). I met a very worldly good friend for dinner last night. He just came from Seattle after 1.5 weeks and his room at the WOW ***** Olympic Four Seasons (OFS) was 30% cheaper than the Hyatt. Maybe itsa within budget for your/my weekend personal budget stay. Check it out or go there for the Sunday Brunch or any luncheon. I always try to do. At the same price, I would choose the OFS, HGI free breakfast of no free breakfast. Let us know your opinion.

MisterNice
Old Dec 10, 2001, 4:46 pm

Hilton Seattle - Is it even possible to upgrade?

Do they even have upgradable rooms at this property? When you search all the rates, they don't show any type of executive room or anything aside from the basic room. Maybe this is why people never get upgraded. I just remember the last time I was there, my room was so tiny. Maybe its because I got an "end" room. Maybe its becasue they are all like that?
Old Dec 10, 2001, 5:42 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
IME, they are ALL like that...
Old Dec 10, 2001, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Ditto.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 4:00 pm

Mine was small, too.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 6:26 am

Seattle Hilton

Our family will be visiting Seattle the end of March. I have a rate of $130. at the Seattle Hilton,which I think is pretty good. Plus, being Diamond there may be a chance of an upgade. However, the past posts here have been less than kind to this property and since I will have my children I really don't want to stay at a property that is unsafe,and a "dump" as one post put it.
My question is this: Is the Seattle Hilton as bad as most posts claim, or is it a good deal for $130 ?
Thanks much.
Craig
Old Feb 24, 2002, 9:03 am

I stayed there last week for $109 on a Sat. night, and I would not stay there again if I had a choice.

I arrived around 6pm after a long flight from the east coast, and got a non-upgraded room that was small, had only a queen-sized (or maybe even double-sized) bed, and no view. I had to ask for a breakfast coupon. (Like the rest of the free world, I'm HH Gold.)

Tired from the trip, I ordered room service: a bowl of soup and fish & chips. The food arrived in a reasonable amount of time and server was friendly; however, the quality was poor and, most amazingly, the server apologized for bringing only a teaspoon for the soup because "there's a wedding in the hotel and we ran out of soup spoons." !!!!

There's nothing about this hotel that I liked. The lobby is 12 or 14 stories above street level, the hotel is in a weird location that always involves a long uphill walk, and the views always seem to be of other, taller buildings.

Seattle hotel prices are fairly cheap these days, unless you hit town when a large convention is going on. If you're looking for a property with good service and good location, I'd go more upscale to either the Four Seasons or Inn at the Market; if you're looking for much better value (and, even though it's only a block or two away, better location because you don't have the hill climb), I'd take the Sheraton.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 10:03 am

I agree with the previous statements. I would stop just short of calling it a dump, but it could be drastically improved. The rooms as mentioned above, depsite the high-speed internet access, I thought were small, older, and needed updating. I would not by any means however, say the hotel is in an un-safe area. However, it is in more of a biz area, so the kids might get a little bored by the lack of things within a block or two. But, it's only about 4-6 blocks to Westlake, so plenty there for them. But, the Westin is close to Westlake, but I haven't stayed there yet. As far as the lobby, that is the number one reason I don't prefer to stay there. Often times, when I arrive back on a Sunday-Thursday, on the 11:40 PM arrival on United into Seattle, I will stay downtown, because it's only a block or two to work, as opposed to the 35 minute drive north w/o traffic where I live. And the whole concept of this lobby 12-14 floors up is stupid, because of the different elevators, wierd parking and the stuff linked to that design, I hate it. Anyways...Have a great time in the city, you'll love it, and try to get out of the city as well.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 12:00 pm
Suspended

The place is not that bad. Sure the rooms are small and they seemed to be a bit understaffed the last time I stayed there.
Many of the reasons other posters complain about, I personally like.
Last 3 times I stayed there I got a room with a great view on the bay.

Location: I enjoy the walk up/downhill to various locations I tend to visit. Pike's Market, Pioneer Sq etc, not much different from getting around San Francisco, access two short blocks from the expressway.
Once you get the hang of the lobby and the parking its a breeze, you pull into the parking garage, take the elevator to the lobby, what difficult about that?
Since I never eat in Hiltons (besides breakfast if free) I cannot comment about room service.
Go eat at" The Wild Ginger" or "Campagne" nice bracing walk back to the Hotel.
Area is fine sure its commercial, downtown Seattle right?
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 02-24-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.