Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Launching Chain Of Luxury Hotels under Waldorf-Astoria Brand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Launching Chain Of Luxury Hotels under Waldorf-Astoria Brand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by JDiver
Have you read the thread HHonors Reward Category Changes Coming Soon ? It seems to fit this one, hand in glove.
Also this may mean the Waldorf Towers could be made available for redemption, albeit at a much higher premium.....
Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
[QUOTE=infinityplusone]I am very excited about the Grand Wailea Resort in Maui being added. I have stayed there before and it is a very nice property. I would choose this property over HHV or HWV anytime.

Me too. Do you guys know when these new properies will take award reservation from hilton? I will visit Maui this summer, can't wait to try the new Waldofr-Astoria Maui
Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Just noticed it shows on hilton home page: Our New Luxury Hotel Line. so quick.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I hope this new brand doesn't consider things like the Conrad Istanbul to be Waldorf-Astoria Collection material. I am interested to see how Hilton goes about this.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:10 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
The Got it Right

In the press release when they say 'the worlds greatest hotel NAME'. At least they didnt try to kid themselves by calling the WA the World's greatest Hotel. Just returned from a visit there (closest Hilton property to my client) and was so disappointed and under impressed. Was told from the moment I checked in that they have more diamonds a day there than they know what to do with and that they are not impressed with seeing a diamond card (did learn some neat stats on how many diamonds there are and so on). Glad I wasnt spending my money to be so let down.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BearX220
Beat me to it, brother. At a real Waldorf-Astoria copy it could take up to half an hour for one of the four people behind the desk to notice you and check you in. You might get a nice room, but you might also get a broom closet with thick, dusty, filthy velvet drapes and groaning 1890s plumbing, and a thermostat no man can control. And your greasy, lukewarm room service cheeseburger will take an hour and cost $30.
Well the London Waldorf Hilton will fit right in here then and already conveniently has half of the appropriate name
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A name alone won't keep a brand alive forever ... especially if it fails to deliver. And if a name/brand/hotel fails to deliver for those with top-tier status in the hotel's loyalty program, that is not a good sign.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:33 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by GUWonder
...if a name/brand/hotel fails to deliver for those with top-tier status in the hotel's loyalty program, that is not a good sign.
^ ^ ^

I cannot agree with you more! Especially at "Flagship" properties like W=A for Hilton and Park Hyatt for Hyatt......if a Diamond receives less than satisfactory service at the Flagships, the corporate will have a LOT of make up to do....
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by BearX220
Beat me to it, brother. At a real Waldorf-Astoria copy it could take up to half an hour for one of the four people behind the desk to notice you and check you in. You might get a nice room, but you might also get a broom closet with thick, dusty, filthy velvet drapes and groaning 1890s plumbing, and a thermostat no man can control. And your greasy, lukewarm room service cheeseburger will take an hour and cost $30.
)
.........Ah, like a typical UK Hilton then.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
The implementation of this is going to be extremely interesting. I'd like to see Hilton come up with something more high-end to appease all of us (me included) who are occasionally tempted to jump to Starwood because they have some nicer high-end properties. I would welcome Hilton being able to satisfy us at every price point and luxury level.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Any news on when this happens

I used my "chat now" button to ask when I could book the Maui property. The agent checked and said no dates yet.

Anyone hear anything?
Old Jan 20, 2006, 2:17 pm

I emailed Hilton for info. They got right back to me.
I was concerned we might not be able to use Honoros points. It looks like we will. I'm very excited about the Maui property. It's a fantastic resort

Dave,
We are quite pleased with the developments of our new Waldorf=Astoria Collection, and having a presence on Maui again (since 1976) has been very important for us.

I'm delighted to let you know that these three resorts will definitely become a part of our HHonors program. Please watch for communiques shortly from HHonors on how you may redeem your points/miles for a wonderful stay at any of them.

We look forward to seeing you soon at our hotels and resorts.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Just recieved this teaser in my January emailed statement:

Redeem HHonors® points for items from the Waldorf Collection™.

The link just goes to a new site that lets you burn points for Waldorf products. Figures that they would try to have members burn points on the products, but give no hotel redemption info. They are saving the best for last.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:13 am
DH

Oops!

Last edited by DH; Jan 23, 2006 at 11:05 am
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:39 am

I got info that the tentative date to start reservations for Maui will be May 1st.

Also, I asked about the "changes" to Hilton honors points. I was told that it appears 900 hotels are being recategorized. It didn't sound like any point requirements were changing nor any changes to the Glon type VIP rewards.
hopefully Grand Wailea will be avaliable with a Glon2. It'll be my new yearly family vacation spot and Hilton will get all my business throughout the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.