Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Effective June 1, 2006: Hilton Honors Reward Category Changes — 900+ Properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Effective June 1, 2006: Hilton Honors Reward Category Changes — 900+ Properties

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
A list of hotels and their new reward categories will be available at the start of 2006
Technically speaking, it's the start of 2006 right now. Realistically speaking, I wonder when we can expect to see this list?
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:55 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, MH Enrich
Any updates on the category changes?
Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by wzwjon
Any updates on the category changes?
Looks like we have to keep waiting. The Hotel Rewards page still lists the same notice about "the start of 2006." See here: HHonors Rewards Page

I'd like to see the changes now, but at least we'll have until 1 June to book at the old rates.

Cheers.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:56 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've had some pretty good luck with rewards for vacations. I just booked 3 nights at the Hilton in Geneva, followed by a 4 night stay at the Arc in Paris. When I spoke with the Diamond desk the lady found me a point streatcher for the Geneva stay. Very cool indeed.

Now if I can just wangle suite upgrades...

Scott
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:03 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Holding my breath here as I am just returning to Diamond at Hilton and was finally very happy with the program
Fingers crossed for reasonably good news or minor changes ?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by Hilton Website
A list of hotels and their new reward categories will be available at the start of 2006.
15 days into 2006... has anyone seen this phantom list?
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We were treated like visiting royalty at the Hilton Athens on a reward stay last summer. Opa! ^

Originally Posted by rootsearcher
I just booked a reward stay for Greece in March and had a nice conversation with the lady in redemption. I asked her about the notice on the web site effective June 1, and off-handedly stated that it looks like reward categories were being adjusted upward. She said that wasn't neccesarily so. Her department was told that some categories, of the less utilized hotels, were being adjusted downward. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the list of the 900 hotels yet. She did say that if you book a reward for a hotel prior to June 1st, and the category is adjusted down, the department will adjust the points you redeemed to reflect the new category. She laughed and said naturally, if the reward category goes up, and you already have a certificate issued at the previously lower category, that certificate would be valued.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
(The Scandic awards have been just too good to me to risk being surprised.)

I certainly agree, these've been a real steal, or should I say a real deal. At 10K per night in expensive Scandinavian cities like Oslo, they're cheaper than most Hampton Inns and Garden Inns in the USA! I just rebooked two nights in Oslo, changing the date of an original award night booking, and cancelling a paid night (at E160/US$190) for an award night that I just "purchased" with 10K I just bought for US$100 from HHonors... So that's a savings of almost 50% over the best web paid rate!
Old Jan 16, 2006, 4:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I certainly agree, these've been a real steal, or should I say a real deal. At 10K per night in expensive Scandinavian cities like Oslo, they're cheaper than most Hampton Inns and Garden Inns in the USA! I just rebooked two nights in Oslo, changing the date of an original award night booking, and cancelling a paid night (at E160/US$190) for an award night that I just "purchased" with 10K I just bought for US$100 from HHonors... So that's a savings of almost 50% over the best web paid rate!
I save far more. Have you tried taking advantage of some charitable donations for the City of Hope Walk for Life or does the Canadian card cause issues that cannot be readily worked around? If you go that route, you can get it down to 40-50 US$, if you have time.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 10:17 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA AA LifetimePLT-2MM; SPG Platinum; HHDiamond
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
HH Program Changing June 1, 2006

It looks like it is going to cost more points for hotel stays....but how much more? Does anyone no. I couldnt seem to find in Hiltons website

Last edited by Canarsie; Jan 24, 2006 at 10:50 am Reason: This milepost (and the following milepost) were merged into this thread unedited. One milepost was deleted because the information was no longer pertinent. Thank you, cjd!
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:28 pm

Where did you hear this?

Edit: Question answered, thanks!

Last edited by forecheck; Jan 24, 2006 at 4:36 pm
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:25 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Uhhh...did the list come out and I miss it?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:19 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
Uhhh...did the list come out and I miss it?
No, you didn't miss it. In fact, the line about a list being published at the start of 2006 has been removed from the website. My take is that HHonors was going to provide a "heads-up" so that those of who wanted to book for an award stay after June 1 could do so at the existing property categories, but now no "heads-up" will be forthcoming.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:44 am

Programs: HH Gold, AA Plat
Scandic reward level changes

Scandic reward categories are changing as of Oct 1; affected properties are listed here:

http://www.scandic-hotels.com/AboutH...dsCategory.jsp
Old Feb 13, 2006, 7:05 am

Programs: QR P; TK E; FB S; BA S; UA S; MB LTT; HH D; IHG DAmb
Originally Posted by georadar
Scandic reward categories are changing as of Oct 1
Also, some discussion of these changes in this thread.

Welcome to FT, georadar!! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.