Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Effective June 1, 2006: Hilton Honors Reward Category Changes — 900+ Properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Effective June 1, 2006: Hilton Honors Reward Category Changes — 900+ Properties

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 12:47 am

2 quick questions

1- do they plan to raise AXON, GLON, and ALON awards soon too?

2-i want to make sure that if i book now for a stay in aug, i dont have to worry, i will get the lower points rate, right?

thnx,
r
Old May 23, 2006, 12:55 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by rgm18
1- do they plan to raise AXON, GLON, and ALON awards soon too?

2-i want to make sure that if i book now for a stay in aug, i dont have to worry, i will get the lower points rate, right?

thnx,
r
1. There have been some changes to the GLON & GLONP, check the thread right below this one.

2. You need to book your reward stay before June 1, 2006 to secure the lower rate.
Old May 23, 2006, 9:24 pm

ok, last question...

1. i looked at that thread, but they didnt raise the number of points those awards are costing-right? they are just making them applicable for even longer stays...right?

2. if i book a stay for hilton melbourne for lets say jan 1-5 but decide i wanna stay jan 5-9 instead but i dont decide till after june 1, can i still use the lower award rate or will i owe them the difference in points?

thnx,
r

Originally Posted by rdchen
1. There have been some changes to the GLON & GLONP, check the thread right below this one.

2. You need to book your reward stay before June 1, 2006 to secure the lower rate.
Old May 23, 2006, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by rgm18
1. i looked at that thread, but they didnt raise the number of points those awards are costing-right? they are just making them applicable for even longer stays...right?

2. if i book a stay for hilton melbourne for lets say jan 1-5 but decide i wanna stay jan 5-9 instead but i dont decide till after june 1, can i still use the lower award rate or will i owe them the difference in points?

thnx,
r
1. You are correct.

2. I could be wrong, but if you change your reward reservation after June 1, 2006, the old point requirement might not be applicable. If you have enough points, make 2 reservations, one for Jan 1-5, one for Jan 5-9, you can always cancel one of them later on. If you don't have enough points, then make one reservation, later on if you need to modify the date, contact the hotel directly and see if they will honor the old reward cert. for the alternative date.

Last edited by rdchen; May 23, 2006 at 9:59 pm
Old May 23, 2006, 11:43 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
If one phones HH, one can make reservations & ask for cert.s NOT to be issued. So Rgm18 should make 2 res.es as Rdchen suggests to lock in the lower point values for either possible set of dates.
Old May 24, 2006, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
If one phones HH, one can make reservations & ask for cert.s NOT to be issued. So Rgm18 should make 2 res.es as Rdchen suggests to lock in the lower point values for either possible set of dates.
Will the point requirement increase if the cert is issued after June.1 ?
Old May 24, 2006, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rdchen
Will the point requirement increase if the cert is issued after June.1 ?
Yes.
Old May 27, 2006, 3:27 am
Community Director Emerita

Reminder: book and issue your award certs BEFORE June 1

Reminder: if you are planning an award stay at a Hilton whose category level is increasing on June 1, book and issue your award NOW.

Reward reservations made prior to June 1, 2006 will be honored at the hotel's current HHonors reward category. The new reward category will apply for all reward reservations made or revised on or after June 1, 2006.
Old May 27, 2006, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Yup, got in under the wire gifting a few nights at the Hilton Park Nicosia to my assistant for use on her AZ YYZ-LCA trip. (Working for me does have benefits! Though I guess if I were a better boss I'd have given her a stay at the other Hilton there...)
Old May 30, 2006, 9:58 am

Bump as another reminder that there is less than 48 hours until the reward category changes take effect, so if you have award bookings to make for the future, consider doing them today or tomorrow.

Mike
Old May 30, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
bravo hilton. your system again not working... grrrrr

Reservation Error

We're sorry, online Reward Reservations is currently unavailable. Please try again later, or contact the Diamond Desk at 1-877-444-9847 for further assistance with your Reward Reservation request.
Old May 30, 2006, 10:53 pm
D&D

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold
Question Taking Advantage of Pre-June 1 Categories- Must Points be Deducted now?

I have just reserved a 4 night stay in 2007 using my Hilton honors points for a property that will change from a Category 3 (25,000 points per night) to a Category 5 (35,000 points per night) on June 1st.

The agent informed me that in order to take advantage of the reward at the rate of 25,000 points I would have to get my certificate issued by June 1st, thus deducting 100,000 points now.

This conflicted with what another agent had told me last week when I inquired about the same dilema. This agent had stated that as long as the reservation was made before June 1st, then the points could be traded in later on, but at the reserved rate of 25,000 points.

Naturally, I would prefer not to spend my points today for a "maybe" trip in 2007, unless it is the ONLY way to take advantage of the pre-June 1 lower Category and points.

Can anyone say with any certainty which of the above accounts is correct??

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2006, 10:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If you wait another day you'll find out.
Old May 30, 2006, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
LOL. I understand that if you "book" the room now, you get the lower point rate. I guess it's like booking a room at a lower rate: once you're got the reservation, the rate is set.
Old May 30, 2006, 11:08 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
dont gamble

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
LOL. I understand that if you "book" the room now, you get the lower point rate. I guess it's like booking a room at a lower rate: once you're got the reservation, the rate is set.
get them issued the rewards certs now and sent them to you.

there is not difference for you if you have the points in awards banked or in your account.

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.