Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Manchester Deansgate {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Manchester Deansgate {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2004, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Arrow Hilton Manchester Deansgate {GBR}

Work has started on a 47 storey - £150m - tower on Deansgate which will have a five star Hilton in the bottom half and apartments in the top half. All but a handfull of the one-bed flats (£250.000) were sold before the tower had planning permission. The hotel is expected to open in 2007.

^
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
New Hilton, Manchester City Centre (UK)

Well, after many years of relative blandness, a stay at a half decent hotel in Manchester no longer means a stay at the airport (we've had no less than two 5 star hotels open in/near the city in the last couple of years ).

So, it came as a bit of a surprise that we have a new Hilton "coming soon" to Manchester's city centre while I was shopping today. It is situated in what will be Manchester's tallest building (and I believe one of the tallest mixed use buildings in Western Europe). Bearing in mind that we don't really do tall buildings in the UK, this almost complete building is approx half the height of Chicago's John Hancock Center and the Hilton will occupy the lower half of the building.

The web page took some finding and the arists impression doesn't really do the place justice:

http://www.hilton.co.uk/dispatch/Vie...tyHomePageForm
Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:48 pm

Lets hope the rates are reasonable - somehow I doubt it tho, rates at similar well situated, new, contempory and somewhat trendy properties at gateshead and trafalgar in the uk are astronomical at ALL times...

wish i'd took my careers teachers' advice and become a bank robber
Old Jan 4, 2006, 7:21 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I read 18 months ago they were opening one but didn't know it was going in there until now. It's a pity it's not on the top 24 floors but there you go.

If it's opens on time it will be the first Hilton group Hotel to do so in a while. I think autumn this year is ambitious.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Markieg
Lets hope the rates are reasonable - somehow I doubt it tho, rates at similar well situated, new, contempory and somewhat trendy properties at gateshead and trafalgar in the uk are astronomical at ALL times...

wish i'd took my careers teachers' advice and become a bank robber
You are probably quite right about pricing. It is situated on the corner of Manchester's financial district so it should do well out of high end business travellers.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:53 pm
Original Member

Lets hope they are not using the same contractors as the Gateshead / Newcastle Hilton, else we might be looking at a load more cancelled christmas parties.

I have recently seen a few Hiltons that I used vanish (Keswick, East Kilbride, Dunblane) , so its nice to see a new one somewhere I will be able to use.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tim_T
Lets hope they are not using the same contractors as the Gateshead / Newcastle Hilton, else we might be looking at a load more cancelled christmas parties.

I have recently seen a few Hiltons that I used vanish (Keswick, East Kilbride, Dunblane) , so its nice to see a new one somewhere I will be able to use.
Add Garforth Leeds to that deceased list.
Not a great hotel but usually cheap and dead handy for getting stay numbers up.

Amen to your comnments re new hiltons, as u say new ones far outnumbered by uk closures.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:23 am

Now this is a hotel I’m looking forward to. Will be great to have a nice hotel in Manchester and one with a lounge :-)

It's listed on Hiltons site as a 4* sounds more like a 5* though with all the facilities & location

I can’t see it being open in the autumn though after seeing the building last week.

Just as long as it doesn’t turn into another Phuket which was meant to open in 2005 and has now slipped to 2008
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:29 am

More information about the building the Hotel is in:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/4944590.stm
Old Apr 26, 2006, 5:17 am

SO

Until this is open WHERE is a reasonable hotel to say around manchester
im there next week and again on 19th may 2006
I was thinking of Sheffield as it looks like a cute city
urgent advise please

I am travelling with friends who think im brilliant so I have to be!
I dont want another Edinburgh drama

and they love exec clubs
Old Apr 26, 2006, 6:16 am

Well, The Lowry is widely believed to be the best in the City Centre, but the rates fluctuate wildly at times. There is also a new Radisson Edwardian and the good old Midland, which unfortunately is no longer a Crowne Plaza.

I've stayed in The Lowry a couple of times and like it. I was in the Midland last weekend and that's pretty decent. Never stayed at the Radisson in town (just the Airport) so can't comment on that.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Midland former Crowne Plaza was pretty nice when it was a Crowne Plaza and is in a good location. I was lucky on getting early checkin after my flight from the US.
That is dependant on availability of rooms but they were accomodating on calling the housekeeping supervisor to get me a room that had already been cleaned. Have not stayed there since it stopped being a Crowne Plaza.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 5:09 am

Programs: VS FC, BA EC, HHonours
This hotel is now taking bookings for September 1st 2006 onwards ^

Looks pretty impressive.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:44 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
This is currently set to open 18th Sept (moved back from 1st) although the website only allows from start of October.

I'm working in Manchester for a couple of days a week for the next couple of months so, will stay here as soon as it opens... looking forward to it!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I had originally booked for the 1st Sept, however was called about 2 weeks ago to be informed that the opening would be on the 18th and if I would like to change my reservation, of course I accepted.

I wonder if the LivingWell Express and Swimming Pool will be open all in time too.

I’ll provide a report when upon my return on my findings of this new establishment!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.