Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Miami {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2003, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Arrow Conrad Miami {US-FL}

NEW YORK/LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 8, 2003--In what is planned to be the start of an expansion of Hilton's luxury brand in the United States, Conrad Hotels today announced the signing of an agreement to manage the 203-room Conrad Miami............

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030708/85267_1.html
Old Jun 18, 2004, 7:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Smile Conrad Miami (Brickell) opening with great rates!

Joe Brancatelli said the Conrad Miami on Brickell Avenue was opening soon, and according to the website, bookings are being taken for July 1 and later.

Rates are currently at $90 AAA / AARP, $100 non-affinity, $155 ROMANCE PACKAGE with a bay view deluxe king. September 12 seems to be the drop-dead date for these rates.

Conrad Miami
Espirito Santo Plaza
1395 Brickell Avenue
Miami, Florida 33131
Tel.: 305-503-6500
Fax: 305-533-7177
Email: [email protected]
Old Jun 18, 2004, 12:54 pm
Suspended

I have already booked a stay there for July 2 to 5th at the $90.00 rate
(which I guarantee will the lowest we will ever see this property go for)
Will post a report here.
mike
Old Jun 19, 2004, 1:55 pm

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Double Points Too!

From the hotel's website:

"Enjoy $100 Rate

On your next trip to Miami, stay at the new, ultra-chic Conrad Miami high-rise hotel between July 1 and September 12 2004, enjoy a $100 rate and earn double Hilton HHonors points and miles. Request Plan Code H0."

Will be there mid-July and look forward to reading your report, MIKSILV.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 9:44 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, NW Flight Attendant (does that make me a frequent flier?)
Can't get to web page?

I'm having a hard time getting to the web page? Is there a problem with it, or is it my antiquated computer?

ARGH...

I have a stay coming up 7/6-7/8 in Naples.... I would like to drive over to MIA and stay a night before coming back to Detoilet........ would love to get the extra points and cheap rate. Just afraid that I won't get it booked in-time.

Frustrating... any suggestions?

DTW-Reserve
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:10 pm
Suspended

I too had trouble finding the H0 promo rate after I had seen it previously on the website, so I telephoned the HHonors Reservations Centre and had them do it manually, suggest you do the same ( CSR did seem to have a little trouble finding it, but did so eventually)
mike
Old Jun 26, 2004, 9:04 am

to book online, go to hotel's special offers page and click on link and you will be offered the grand opening special at same rate as best avail but with the extra points (& miles?).

Will there be an exucive floor lounge? Website seems to indicate there won't. Never stayed at a conrad before; is a club floor lounge not usual.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dldkjones
Will there be an exucive floor lounge? Website seems to indicate there won't. Never stayed at a conrad before; is a club floor lounge not usual.
Cannot answer about the Mid and Far East properties.
But the following have no club floor lounges:
Conrad London, the two Conrads in Ireland and the Conrad Brussels.
mike
Old Jul 2, 2004, 8:02 pm

Programs: (¯`'•.¸Hyatt Globalist * AA Gold * Delta Silver * Marriott Platinum * Hilton Gold¸.•'´¯)
Rcvd a mailing today, Double base points earned on top of the miles during that period. The bonus base points do not count toward status.

This rate is nice for a Conrad (it states the hotel offers complimentary broadband - very cool), too bad I won't be in the MIA area anytime soon -_-

Originally Posted by dldkjones
to book online, go to hotel's special offers page and click on link and you will be offered the grand opening special at same rate as best avail but with the extra points (& miles?).
Old Jul 5, 2004, 11:37 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, NW Flight Attendant (does that make me a frequent flier?)
Conrad Miami.... who's been?

I have an upcoming stay at the Conrad Miami. I know they just opened for reservations starting July 01... wondering if anyone has stayed there as of yet? Any Gold/Diamond observations? Any info would be appreciated.

Checking in on Thursday, July 08, for one night, then back to the hell I call home!

Yippeeeeee!

DTW-Reserve
Greg
Old Jul 6, 2004, 5:40 am
Suspended

I had two separate one night stays there ( July 2 and July 4th) will post review and comments later today.
mike
Old Jul 6, 2004, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Trip Report - New Conrad Miami

Had two one day stays ( 7/2 and 7/4) at this property which opened for business on July 1st.

Hotel is located on Brickell Ave between 13 and 14th street in a brand new 34 story tower in the middle of the Miami banking district ( I counted over 31 bank buildings on 5 block stroll) and one block in-shore from Biscayne Bay.
The most interesting view is towards the Bay of Biscayne, Brickell Key and Dodge Island but that view is partially blocked by a nearly complete, over 60 stories, luxury condo tower.

Hotel which itself is not particularly large occupies floors 16 to 25 in the new Santo Espiritu Plaza building. The lobby, restaurant Atrio and the bar/lounge Noir is on floor 25, with 203 guests rooms on floors 16 to 23.
The upper floors 25 to 34 comprises of one and two bedrooms privately owned/sold condominiums which I understand can and will be rented as luxury suites by the Conrad when not in use by the owners. (These are still under construction)
The Spa and Fitness center occupies floor 24 but since that is not ready for use, guests are allowed to use the Avanti Health Club in the next block.
An adjacent 12 story parking garage has the hotel pool and tennis courts on the roof.
Valet parking is $24 per day ( the same if self parked) or $8 for 3 hours.
The entire hotel area has free wireless internet.

Most prominent feature is the multi-storey atrium from floor 25 upwards (to 34th??) Sort of reminds one of the Conrad Buenos Aires.
Floor 25 and Atrio is nicely done with shades of brown marble and wood, the Noir in black and chrome

Rooms had rather simple lines with chrome and glass lamps and dark furniture “ sort of toned down W” and for those who this might be important the toiletries were Bulgari.

As expected with a new property there a few kinks to be worked out, the staff were are quite friendly and accommodating:
1) Full wine list and beers ( only 5 brands in the bar) not yet available in restaurant and lounge.
2) Noir not yet set up to serve tapas
3) Bathroom scale in one room did not work, no “ do not disturb” signs available etc.

Since we arrived late on the first night we had dinner in Atrio which was surprising good ( as hotel restuarants go)
But note that the restaurant is the only place one can get any eats, no coffee shop, not even a gift shop to buy some chips or cookies. Breakfast buffet is $20.00 everything else is a-la carte, by the time you have coffee a bagel and juice you might be over $20.00

On my reservations I requested an upgrade to a room with a view,
stay #1 - I got a room with the best bay view possible, stay # 2 the view was south to Coral Gables. Room was similar both times - not suites but both quite nice.

Breakfast: Always an event with Hilton
Stay # 1 at check-in, when asked about breakfast, nobody at the front desk had any idea how to answer my question. The manager on duty assured us that he would check into it and we would resolve it in the morning. We had ala carte breakfast and I was fully prepared to pay for that on the bill, however a guy overseeing the front desk (apparently from the Hilton head office) at check-out asked if I had any questions and the breakfast subject came up again. Apparently there were two little white cards which had my name and HH honors status printed on them (nothing else) which was supposed to been handed in at breakfast, but since nobody else including me knew anything about them I had thrown them in the trash.
Anyways my $46 breakfast bill was comped, without much ado.
Stay # 2: At check-in not having gotten the little cards this time I asked about them to be told they had run out of them. The CSR promised to make a notation on my record for free breakfast.
But of-course at check-out my bill again showed $49.00 for breakfast, however the charge was removed when questioned.

Summarizing the hotel is not going to replace the Fontainbleau as Hilton flagship in MIA and appears to be geared towards a somewhat different lodger, perhaps mainly upscale business travelers who want a nice quite, modern property with a more intimate feel.
Especially on weekends the surrounding area is very quiet, but there are few decent restaurants closeby. Mortons across the street, Gordon Biersch a block way and a fair Italian place next door in the Marriott.
If not the Causeway to Miami Beach is only about twelve blocks away..

Mike

edited for spelling/grammar

Last edited by MIKESILV; Jul 6, 2004 at 4:45 pm
Old Jul 6, 2004, 1:43 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks for the trip report!
Old Jul 6, 2004, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
MIKESILV, thanks for the informative report! ^
Old Jul 6, 2004, 4:32 pm

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Well done

Thank you for the info. I have two stays later in the month and will report on what has changed/improved.

Appreciative of your time and effort to post here,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.