Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Miami {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2005, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I'm planning a similar trip. Why not the Fountainbleau?
Old Mar 20, 2005, 6:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by uthornsgo
Thanks for the info! The Four Seasons deal sounds good to me. I may just try that instead!
You asked about whether or not the FS has a nice pool. The FS has a huge pool and there's plenty of space to lounge around:

http://www.fourseasons.com/miami/vac.../pool_180.html

The also have a wading pool:

http://www.fourseasons.com/miami/vac.../pool_242.html

And one for the little ones:

http://www.fourseasons.com/miami/vac.../pool_241.html
Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by omegadeal
I'm planning a similar trip. Why not the Fountainbleau?
I hear it's tired and jam packed all the time. Apparently its glory days are over. Someone else may be able to better comment.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat, AA EXP, SPG platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
IMHO the Conrad is very nice, but not comparable to the MO. I stayed at the Conrad just after it opened. Nice rooms, comfortably appointed, good baths. Unfortunately they are not soundproof, and I found them on the small side. The wireless internet access is poor, and the staff were not fully trained (this was Sept 2004). The pool was fairly small, but adequate for 4-5 lanes of laps and it is atop an adjacent building.
I took a stroll over to the MO. The public facilities are much more luxurious, the hotel was hopping on a Thursday evening. The outdoor dining spot was excellent. Apparently, there is a hip party there during happy hours now.

In sum, if you are comfortable paying $224, I'd stay at the MO. I think this is a very good rate for that hotel. Both hotels are very far from South Beach, just FYI.

I agree with PHLBuddy. Having just stayed at the Conrad last month, I find the service quality to be very spotty and inconsistent. The facilities are fine--very modern and sleek--although some of the rooms and public areas are already starting to show wear (dirty spots and scuffs, nothing major). The gym is very well-outfitted with LCD screens at every station. The pool is a bit small, but well-done. Broadband access suffered occasional hiccups. But the biggest surprise (given that this is a Conrad) is the inconsistent service. The attitude is pleasant enough, but it usually takes 2-3 calls to get something done--even for room service. It seems as if they're still in a training period nearly 6mos after it opened.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mmhicks
Just completed my first stay at the Miami Conrad last week. I was more fortunate than Michael899, as I had a nice stay, with no problems. I did find that responses to requests were a bit slower than I've experienced at the Waldorf Towers Conrad, but nothing as bad as those experienced by Michael899.

Was it a nice stay? Yes. Was it worth the extra cost? Not in my opinion.
Just finished my first stay at the Conrad Miami and I'll second mmhicks. It was a nice stay but nothing special. It cannot compare withthe Waldorf Conrad Towers. Next time I'm trying the JW Marriott.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Conrad - Miami badly damaged by Wilma

For those having imminent reservations at this property suggest you look for alternatives pronto.

The 36?? story Santo Espiritu building on Brickell Ave which houses the Conrad from floors 16th up is reported along with a number of tall buildings in the area including the Four Seasons have had a tremendous number of glass windows/panels broken or blown out.
For those not familiar with the building which houses the hotel, the entire exterior consists of glass panels. it was reported to have just about all the glass stripped from the entire south side.

Reports are that a large number of the dozens of banking buildings on Brickell ave were damaged by what it is speculated that a "wind-tunnel effect" created by the buildings themselves.

mike
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:11 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
it was reported to have just about all the glass stripped from the entire south side.
While I know that is what the Herald says, I saw the building today. That is a huge exageration. There are plenty of broken windows, and it isn't pretty, but the south side is hardly stripped of glass. At least 60% of the windows were untouched, and most of the damaged windows were just damaged, not blown out.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
17th St. ES in FLL also damaged

Saw interior photo of it on sun-sentiel.com - apparently roof damage and leaking, also lost water service - everyone told to leave hotel
Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond, SPG Gold (lifetime)
Miami Conrad

Anyone know when the Miami Conrad will reopen and if there is any lingering damage from the hurricane that would warrent avoiding it?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:56 pm
Suspended

I drove by there on Wedesday and the entire block on Brickell Ave and the side roads surrounding the Santo Espiritu building which houses the hotel is blocked off to vehicular traffic ( and the building is obviously closed to all business). There was no apparent damage to the streets so I can only presume the concern is for falling glass panes.
The south side of the tower has a large number of glass panes missing ( not the "entire side: as reported on the news) and I would expect the hotel will not reopen until these are replaced.

If I had to hazard a guess it might be a while as during the two times I drove by there didnt seem to be much or any work in progress.

Will pass by there again on Tuesday will check it out.

mike
Old Nov 12, 2005, 8:24 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Diamond
they have said that they expect to open again on the 18th Nov.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:41 pm

Thanks. If no update, I'll report back when I am there Thanksgiving week. Booked into the Doubletree hoping to hop to the Conrad when it it back.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by millburnmike
Thanks. If no update, I'll report back when I am there Thanksgiving week. Booked into the Doubletree hoping to hop to the Conrad when it it back.
I don't know where the Doubletree is, but are you aware, that the Conrad is in a business (banking) district?
Coral Gables or Miami Beach are better (for a vacation), unless you are visiting one or the other bank at Brickell Avenue.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
Originally Posted by millburnmike
DT in downtown miami or coconut grove - the latter is better in my opinion
Old Nov 18, 2005, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by paulbarton
they have said that they expect to open again on the 18th Nov.
I had to go down there for a few days this week and drove by on the way to the office. Certainly not opening anytime soon. There is still a lot of broken windows, and scaffolding around the place - much worse than I thought. Hopefully some of it is only cosmetic. Though they took my reservation for December, I am doubting that they will be open then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.